X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Illuminate
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Aug 2009

Cancer Is Now Our Biggest Killer

Just recycling some headlines in the paper today, finding that Cancer has taken over Cardiovascular Disease as the biggest killer. All conclusive from the IARC (International Agency for Research on Cancer - World Cancer Report: 2014). (http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/p...fs/pr224_E.pdf)

I too from so many affected families have had loved ones lost to cancer (mainly from smoking), and has had me re-think on trying to minimise the guilty pleasures in life obviously: tobacco, booze, drugs, and processed food not; even your dog will eat.

To the people out there affected one can only hope that things will get better soon.

Another thing that amazes me, is the fact that how even though as a species we have evolved over countless thousands of years if not millions, nature still remains to be undefeated.
    Last edited by Illuminate; February 3, 2014, 11:39:40 PM.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
    Sbando
    - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
    Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
    Bob
    "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
    the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
    KiwiTollway

• thebanned1
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • May 2009

Re: Cancer Is Now Our Biggest Killer

Originally posted by Illuminate
    tobacco, booze, drugs, and processed food

cancer is a big worry for me 2 but dealing with avoiding the above is not as easy as it sounds.. i,ve beat tobacco though and haven't had drugs in a long time
    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

just met a little boy yesterday at the park with cancer. his mom has 10 month old twin boys as well who are healthy. The little boy was crying as he didn't want to play, but the mom said she would force him to anyway, because it's best for him. He's been battling it for 2 years and is about to go back to NYC for 2 weeks of chemo. My son and I went over to the swing set to hopefully make the boy happy as he was standing next to his mom by the picnic tables. That's when he decided he wanted to swing as well and when he smiled it was the most contagious smile I have seen in a long long time. God bless that kid and his family, I hope he recovers soon.

I found out later from my sister that this kid and his family have a facebook page and are being supported by the community which made me feel a little more hope for them, since just taking care of 3 babies in and of itself is not easy.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

These days whenever I hear of someone's passing it's almost always from cancer.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DancingQueen
          AVB FanClub | President
          • Oct 2005

cancer is a horrible disease. I lost a very good friend to stage 3 Hodgkin's lymphoma a few years ago (her motto in life is my avatar pic).....she was the kindest soul, only ate healthy, worked out every day, etc. It doesn't seem to matter if you are healthy or not....it's scary.

Presently my father is battling prostate cancer. He will be having surgery to have his prostate removed in a few months. His sister passed away when I was 8 to colon cancer. It is scary when it hits so close to home.....it's something I worry about often.
          sigpic
          RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
          RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Illuminate
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Aug 2009

Sorry to hear about all that DQ. As much as I read about prevention measures against cancer, you hear so many stories of healthy people who have been affected. This goes for diabetics too.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
            Sbando
            - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
            Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
            Bob
            "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
            the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
            KiwiTollway

Comment

• ddr
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Illuminate
              Sorry to hear about all that DQ. As much as I read about prevention measures against cancer, you hear so many stories of healthy people who have been affected. This goes for diabetics too.
              yea... getting rid of the obvious is always a good step but even then genetics comes into play.

just have to live your life to the fullest and treasure it.. its really all you can do as we all have to go some time.
              "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• DancingQueen
                AVB FanClub | President
                • Oct 2005

^^^thats exactly it....live your life to the absolute fullest. Enjoy the moments with friends & family....live with no regrets as best as you can
                sigpic
                RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

Working...