• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Nov 2013

Re: Random Thoughts

Originally posted by thebanned1
    kamal how much is it going to cost to update this forum ?
    People can set up forums for free now.

Comment

• sbando
      Going back to Romford
      • Apr 2008

See the new board for Bedrock escapees, 5 minutes and it was ready.
      ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
      ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
      ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
      ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• thebanned1
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • May 2009

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
        People can set up forums for free now.
        i know, i was looking into it, some sites say it's free to upgrade but the vbulletin site says to upgrade to vbulletin 5 it's around $200 bucks, so that is the reason i,m asking kamal

if it comes down to it i'd be willing to chip in if a couple of others would too...if it's $200 that is
        How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• thebanned1
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • May 2009

i did say to someone that i would offer to pay for the upgrade myself but i thought it would be something like 50 bucks or something..$200 is just too much for me to put that kinda money out right now, plus it would need to be after christmas

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by thebanned1
            i did say to someone that i would offer to pay for the upgrade myself but i thought it would be something like 50 bucks or something..$200 is just too much for me to put that kinda money out right now, plus it would need to be after christmas
            ProBoards is the largest host of free forums on the Internet. We provide the best forums and customer service to help your online community thrive.

Comment

• thebanned1
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • May 2009

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
              $50 a month for what we need (SSL ENCRYPTED)

we need this place encrypted

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Nov 2013

Watching 50 Shocking Celebrity Moments of 2017. All of which I missed while they happened and I will not remember tomorrow. Doffed cap to all of my celebrity mates making total cunts of themselves in 2018.

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

First disappointment of 2018 Hernan Australian tour Melbourne is a B2b event I really like Guy Mantzur but I would like so much more to hear them both separately.
                  Originally posted by TheVrk
                  it IS incredible isn't it??
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                  Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                  The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by DIDI
                    First disappointment of 2018 Hernan Australian tour Melbourne is a B2b event I really like Guy Mantzur but I would like so much more to hear them both separately.
                    Howells, Seaman, Emerson, Hernan, Warren..... all seem to be doing these back to back events these day. I would rather they all played a few hours each.

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

^^ Definitely !! The set is always as good or bad as the weakest Dj . I have never seen a B2B that was as good as individual sets. And a couple I have seen have been bloody awful I understand why it is done, each of those Djs would have their own fan base , so they just get more punters.

I was going to say I was lucky to see him in great long solo sets, but really I made that luck, I flew around the world. But I can't get the same here in my own country. I'm not laying blame, I'm just sulking I was still lucky for those international sets. I could have flown around the world and they were awful

I lost the NZ leg of the tour as well Went from intimate club set to mini festival in the back of beyond , well an hour out of Auckland apparently .

It is so hard living at the arse end of the world, thank you Paul Keating

Also just found out that one of the Djs I really wanted to see won't be in Argentina for a lot of time I am there .
                      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Nov 2013

There is a great interview with Sven Vath on Ritchie Hawtin's DVD and Sven talks about when he played back to back with Ritchie. Sven said after about an hour of playing he realized that he wasn't getting where he liked to be. It's not something that you can explain, but I kind of understand it. It's like if 10 DJ's all played the same 10 tracks, they would all play them in a different order and mix them differently. One of them will stand out more for the individual listener than another.

A very close friend of mine years ago used the phrase 'it gets me where I am going' (some of this was to do with drugs). For years it was Sasha that used to get me where I was going, later it was Jimmy van M and now probably Lee Burridge. The only duo that ever did is was King Unique and Deep Dish, but both were for just a short time. But to me back to back is rarely a great concept.

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

^^^^"It's like if 10 DJ's all played the same 10 tracks, they would all play them in a different order and mix them differently" This resonates with me. I would see a good tracklist and think it meant a good set. Doesn't work like that at all.

Neither Sven or Richie are not really my sort of music, and the once I saw either of them they were just totally off their faces and musically incoherent. Never saw King Unique as a duo. Saw Deep Dish here , they started and ended well but the middle left a lot to be desired.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Nov 2013

Deep Dish were excellent in 2000 till 2002. After that they were on a gradual decline. They did some great mixes and CD's but they did some ropey ones too.

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

I missed the best bits then Strangely enough I do have a B2B short set of Hernan and Deep Dish I don't even remember where I got it from

Deep Dish v Hernan Cattaneo

In case anyone is interested.

Comment

• diegoff
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jun 2004

^ thanks!!! I never heard of it
                                It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                                Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                                May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

Working...