• Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: The Future is Here

Originally posted by KiwiTollway
    Future :

"A recently published report cites insider info according to which four new Teslamodels are to be launched by the year 2018. Two of them are no longer a secret: the Model X, with its cool Falcon doors and two electric motors, as well as the $35,000 Model III compact sedan, expected to rocket Tesla's yearly sales to 100,000 units by 2016."

http://axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/Article_67213.shtmlEveryday People Are Coming Up With Innovative Solutions To Complicated Problems

Tesla is amazing. I have been getting their newsletter since the concept of the roadster. Their whole process is so incredibly innovative. !! I also love that they called themselves Tesla !!

The second link worries me a little, actually a lot, firstly it is wrong about Tesla , I would love to think they were , and they certainly deserve to be , but they are not massively profitable.

The other thing that got to me was that prothetic limbs are needed for children in Syria.

There was a lot of contradictory information there. Strangely illogical.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• unkle
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Mar 2007

Yeah, I know, a nonsense ........

Comment

• Miroslav
        WHOA I can change this!1!
        • Apr 2006

I'll be the negative nelly and say that while our technology has impressively improved, the unfortunately thing is that our collective ethical status as humans has not. And that's probably by design of our human nature.

The sad part of this equation is that much of our online world that is supposed to bring us closer together actually yields a lot in terms of a self-absorbed, superficial lifestyle. I'm looking at you, Silicon Valley - I live and work here, and boy do I witness it daily.

The more frightening part of this equation is that as technology continues to become increasingly miniaturized and mobile, we face an increased probability of immensely destructive tools coming into the hands of evil people - and it only takes a few.

In general, while technological progress is inevitable and in many ways wonderful, I also fear that we risk losing a lot of ourselves if we envelope ourselves in it in an overly blind and hedonistic manner.
        mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• unkle
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Mar 2007

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Worlds first 3D printed vertebra implanted in 12-year-old boy | Science! | Geek.com

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Wow !! that is great !!
              Originally posted by TheVrk
              it IS incredible isn't it??
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• floridaorange
                I'm merely a humble butler
                • Dec 2005

WOW!!!! that's incredible technology

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Students Develop Nail Polish That Can Detect Date Rape Drugs | IFLScience

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                  a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                  Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                  Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jan 2014

^^ that's excellent and an awesome idea!

[However, Karen Pickering, co-founder of Melbourne Slutwalk, a march against rape and victim blaming, argues, “No amount of preparation or technology will protect us from the fact that the overwhelming majority of sexual assault is committed by men known and trusted by victims.”]
                    Read more at Students Develop Nail Polish That Can Detect Date Rape Drugs | IFLScience

Comment

• dusk
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Not futuristic.. but certainly useful ...Some months ago, Techbeat (among other sources) reported that a new USB cable was being designed and would be finalized soon. Well, it turns out that that USB cable, dubbed USB Type-C, has now been finalized. It seems many people in the past had had trouble plugging in the cables and trying to figure out which way to turn them so they’d fit properly into their computer port(s).That will no longer be a problem, as the USB Type-C cables are completely reversible, much like the current Lightning cables which Apple uses. They’ll be close to the size of current micro-USB chargers, and will transfer data at 10 gigabits a second.

~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

Working...