• Nov 2004

Hernán Cattáneo Resident | Delta FM 90.3 • 18.10. 2014 • Episode 180

1604708_393744527443273_4626831688714248833_n.jpg

Part 1 Tracklist

Stephan Bodzin - Sungam
    Matthias Meyer - Lagonia
    Martin Roth - Maya
    Compuphonic - O Cypres
    Pedro Mercado & Karada - A Tale Of You (Jimmy Van M Luxor T Remix)

Part 2 Tracklist

Gunjah - Tick Of The Bass (Original Mix)
    Inxec - Remember
    Manu F - Intervencion Divina (Luca Rossi Remix)
    Darius Bassiray - If You're Lost I'll Be Your Shadow (Deepchild Remix)

Download episode on MP3 (Right click, save link as...)

That last track is very special for different reasons .
    Last edited by DIDI; October 18, 2014, 11:08:32 PM.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • benda
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jul 2004

Re: Hernán Cattáneo Resident | Delta FM 90.3 • 18.10. 2014 • Episode 180

Great mix as always, but what's up with the new artwork? Dark and moody! (not to mention blurry)

Hernan-Resident-2015-1400px.jpg

vs

Resident.jpg

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

That's the way he looks now. Did you see him in Perth??

The old shot was more photoshopped than the new one. The new one could be a tad sharper. But it is more him than the the old one. I like it I would like to see the rest if it was a whole shoot. I would really love to do a photo shoot with him. He has a really good face.

The old one I always thought was a great photograph, but I never thought it captured him
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• benda
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jul 2004

Yeah I agree the old one is too photoshopped but the new one just looks so amateur. Blurry and it even looks stretched to me.

As we see every week in these threads there are plenty of good photos of the guy around! Ahh well, I know it's not a big deal but I'm a graphic designer and a bit picky when it comes to these things.

Here's a weird thing I'm going to admit to, luckily not too many people read this thread - in the middle of summer here the sun comes right through a very high window and directly on to my desk. It's too hot and bright to work in and there are no curtains or blinds on the window (it's too high up and a weird shape), so instead I stand on the desk and put a big board (60cm x 60cm) with this old photo (without the text) on it in front of the window to block out the sun:

As the sun moves during the day I shift the board across so that it keeps casting a shadow over the desk. Strange but true.

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Nah. I don't think there are that many good shots of him around.

I made my living in photography in the days when we used film. Mainly entertainment industry , so lots of head shots, I am extremely picky. I ran a professional darkroom for other professionals as well. B & W and colour. People rely too much on photoshop etc. They almost always go too far. They only ones that do it right are the photographers that came from the film era. They know that photoshop is a tool not a destination In my day we had to make sure they were sharp when we took them. Actually it would really be fun to do a photo shoot like that again some time. But it is a lot harder. Have a look at some of the amazing photos taken of Movie stars back in the thirties with the hasselblad cameras. So sharp you could cut yourself and amazing detail. !!

The new shot isn't great photographically, but it is more natural.

Comment

• Hoff
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by benda

is perfect
            what you are choosing benda for whatever issue,

because hernán there is in megaMental mode
            .. like seeing anything that came, like seeing the immense Music coming

even seeing him becoming the southamerican Dance ambassador, so for all of us is very

I´m not graphic designer but yes artisian designer of a lot in my life so i care about this things

that new pic is strange because is like not in focus,
            strange, .... that back like from fabric but i suppose this was in holland

benda, .. this went trough us in moonpark

this music started a looooooooooooooooong time ago

and it´s divine divine inside some hernán Live spell on the now

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

You know that pic is only very slightly out of focus, but what we usually see now is photoshopped enhanced , so our perception has changed. It's not real anymore !!

Looking at the pic again I think the problem is more a matter of slight camera movement because the focus seems to be the same overall.
              Last edited by DIDI; October 19, 2014, 11:37:45 PM.

Comment

• simonr
                Transitionator
                • Jun 2004

Lol .. Hernan's more photogenic than that pic .. one of Didi's boat shots would be much better. Maybe we can help Hernan out !

Just getting through my backlog of write-ups. I have 4 of these tracks (Sungam / Lagonia / Remember and the Jimmy Van M Rmx) and always put the release notes in the Meta files along with the key and bpm etc. Makes my task a lot easier this week
                sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

I would really love to do a full on photo session with Hernan . With a proper camera , not an iPhone. I find myself checking angles he has great bones.

Hmm I said that before didn't I ?

Comment

• simonr
                    Transitionator
                    • Jun 2004

Hernán Cattáneo : Resident (Delta FM 90.3) - Episode 180

Part 1:

01. Stephan Bodzin - Sungam (10 Yrs Systematic Compilation) [Systematic Recordings | SYST00202]
                    02. Matthias Meyer - Lagonia [Liebe Detail | LIEBE045]
                    03. Martin Roth - Maya [Anjunadeep | ANJDEE204D]
                    04. Compuphonic - O Cypres [Exploited | EXPDIGITAL77]
                    05. Pedro Mercado & Karada - A Tale Of You (Jimmy Van, M Luxor T & 3LIAS - BO18 Remix) [Parquet Recordings | PARQUET089]

Part 2:

01. Gunjah - Tick Of The Bass [Dantze | DTZ049]
                    02. Inxec - Remember [Extravaganza | EXTZ007]
                    03. Manu F - Intervencion Divina (Luca Rossi Remix) [Green Snake Records | GSREC115]
                    04. Darius Bassiray - If You're Lost I'll Be Your Shadow (Deepchild Remix) [Text Book Music | TBM006A]

Release Notes:

01. Stephan Bodzin - Sungam (10 Yrs Systematic Compilation) [Systematic Recordings | SYST00202]

Marc Romboy's imprint Systematic Recordings may celebrate a lot of jubilees this year. After just having released the 100th 12" single featuring two new tracks by Stephan Bodzin and Marc himself it's now time for an extended 10th anniversary compilation with various artists.

"I just called a couple of producers I like a lot like Audiojack and Jimpster plus many friends who have already released many tracks on Systematic before, like Robert Babicz, Stephan Bodzin and Dusty Kid and I'm fairly happy about the high quality of all songs they've given to me" reports Marc Romboy.

In total there are 20 exclusive and unreleased tracks from the further likes of John Tejada, Patrice Bäumel, Wehbba and Gorge & Nick Curly plus a downloadable DJ Mix including assorted tracks by Marc. Something to highlight is without a doubt a brand new track by Marc's pal Stephan Bodzin. He has contributed a new track called "Sungam", the opener of the compilation and it's his first solo track for quite a while. Be ready!

Released by: Systematic Recordings
                    Release date: 6 October 2014

02. Matthias Meyer - Lagonia [Liebe Detail | LIEBE045]

After several solo releases and co-productions for liebe*detail over the last 10 years, Matthias Meyer and Patlac will finally share a split 12" side by side. With the upcoming LIEBE045 to be out on vinyl October 27th Patrick and Matthias will show us again their vision of emotional house music which works at home as well as on the dance-floors all over the world.

Release Date: 07 November 2014

03. Martin Roth - Maya [Anjunadeep | ANJDEE204D]

The Frankfurt born, Berlin based DJ & Producer Martin Roth first arrived in the spotlight as a Beatport Star of 2009. Influenced by both the classic progressive house sound of the 90’s & 00’s and the deep house avant garde of today, his 2012’s “Beautiful Life” released on Anjunadeep Records received acclaim and the “Make Love To You Baby”, again on Anjunadeep, reinforced Martin’s position as a respected producer.

As a classically trained pianist Martin is very at home in the studio making music and he has a number of his deep and textured grooves getting ready for release in 2013 as well as the launch of a new production project exploring the techno sounds he has always loved.

Martin Roth also produced a deep dark & dubby remix of Nature Of Music's 'Profound Satisfaction' for Sudbeat [SB057] release in October.

Released by: Anjunadeep
                    Release/catalogue number: ANJDEE204D
                    Release date: 15 September 2014

04. Compuphonic - O Cypres [Exploited | EXPDIGITAL77]

Compuphonic aka Maxim Firket is a multifaceted producer and DJ from Ličge, Belgium, who was raised on a well-balanced diet of classical music, early electronics and industrial variants from Kraftwerk to Front 242, and the revolutionary soundwave that swept over from Detroit, Michigan. Hence, Maxim did not only grow up to become a skilful violin cellist, but also a producer with a unique approach, blending his various sources of inspiration into one intelligent mix of old-school electro, house and minimal stylings.

So far he has released on imprints such as Dirty Dancing, Tigas Turbo, Get Physical and Exploited. His Radio Atlantis release on Exploited got praise all over the place, was big in the Beatport Charts and still is in heavy rotation at Radio Studio Brussels. O Cypres is his magnificent follow up on Exploited. Enjoy.

Release date: 28 July 2014

05. Pedro Mercado & Karada - A Tale Of You (Jimmy Van, M Luxor T & 3LIAS - BO18 Remix) [Parquet Recordings | PARQUET089]

After their summerhit "SPONTEX", Pedro Mercado & Karada are back on Parquet Rec. with these wonderful deep & melodic tracks. "CONNECTED TO FLY" and "A TALE OF YOU" incl. great remixes by JIMMY VAN M (Bedrock Proton Music) and JOHN SPARKS (do you remember his monstertune "Pathologic" together with MAVERICKZ on parquet?)

Release date: 10 November 2014

[img][/img]

06. Gunjah - Tick Of The Bass [Dantze | DTZ049]

Serious in having fun. Diffident in moving forward. Precise in going over the top. Serious Bass, diffident Copy and a precise Tick, that's Gunjah's new Single on Dantze.

Release date: 07 July 2014

07. Inxec - Remember [Extravaganza | EXTZ007]

Inxec is one of the most exciting talents in today's underground scene, this Nottingham-born producer has come on leaps and bounds since he spent his first ravey days dancing in some of the UK's most (in)famous music factories.

After huge powerhouse's collaborations with Matt Tolfrey, his music has been released on labels like Culprit, Crosstown Rebels, Murmur, Cocoon, Rekids and Get Physical with incredible success. Following that, with no surprise, he has been invited to play some of the world's most famous parties ranging from Harry Klein, and the Panorama Bar, to Eleven and Fabric. Notwithstanding his four-year love-in at Culprit's Los Angeles' Standard Hotel rooftop party.

Please welcome Inxec with his debut solo EP on Extravaganza! 3 tracks full of love and musical feelings, not only produced for the dancefloor. We are sure that you will hear a lot about this record! ...enjoy!

Release date: 25 August 2014

08. Manu F - Intervencion Divina (Luca Rossi Remix) [Green Snake Records | GSREC115]

"INTERVERCION DIVINA" when the music is light it shows us that the magic depth of our lives, moment when everything is clear, music is the answer...

Release date: 07 August 2013

09. Darius Bassiray - If You're Lost I'll Be Your Shadow (Deepchild Remix) [Text Book Music | TBM006A]

Australian imprint Text Book Music was founded in 2010 by Darius Bassiray & Paul Beynon as an avenue for full creative freedom to release music that easily sits between dynamic house, glitch broken beat, abstract electronica through to deep techno.

This will be a 2 part release including the original version and stunning remixes from Deepchild, Jay Tripwire, Paul Beynon, Chris Fortier, Altruism, Habersham, and Kasey Taylor.

Release date: 30 August 2013
                    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

Great show this one : 3 x brilliant starters with great melody and a couple of unearthed 2013 gems to close
                      sigpicSimonR

Comment

Working...