X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • max420
    Addiction started
    • Jul 2007

Finnebassen (Norway) Australia 2015/16 Tour Dates

Habitat Garden Party - The Stables Bar 888 Hay St Perth Sun 27 December 02.00pm-10.00pm

Lost Paradise - Glenworth Valley NSW Tuesday 29 December 2015

Spice Ashore - Cafe Del Mar Cockle Bay Sydney NYD Fri 01 January 2016

The Summer Series - Revolver Upstairs Prahran Melbourne Sunday 03 January 2016

Finnebassen’s a sort of wild card. To begin it sounds like your stock standard deep house jam that could’ve come from anywhere between an early nineties Detroit boiler room to your stoner mate’s mp3 mixes that get neglected halfway through recording.
    It’s simple, basic groove, that slowly becomes something more melodic and complex and if you’re paying attention you might just catch a hint of Bon Iver, or something equally wistful. That’s the problem with deep house gigs. People go as much for the name or the record label as the music, and they’re happy downing shots like the lone ranger at the bar and dancing nondescriptly like lethargic seaweed. Finnebassen makes deep house music that should be listened to. Norway seems to be growing as a prime exporter of house music, with Ted Terje and Cashmere Cat having made names for themselves across the globe. Finnebassen has released a number of bangin singles including the massively hip Nightshift and the pared-back but sleek, Baby. His sound could be one to listen out for if you have your wits about you.

tom-lee-7
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Finnebassen (Norway) Australia 2015/16 Tour Dates

Revolver
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• max420
      Addiction started
      • Jul 2007

I'm committed to my first and probably last "Glamping Experience" at Lost Paradise, But If I have any stamina left which is doubtful at my age I will try and backup for Revolver on my way home. Heard the legends never been. Would like to experience myself.

Comment

• psybangas
        Platinum Poster
        • May 2006

Must say after seeing him (Finnebassen) warm up for Pole Folder in Sydney earlier this year I wasn't overly impressed by him (considering I was there to see another DJ etc). However after listening to his Essential Mix from 2014 I took the plunge and committed to purchasing tickets and attending the Habitat Garden Party at the Stables Bar in Perth, and I'm glad I made the effort.

The Funktion One sound system was great and despite having to work the following day (which meant a 2 hour drive back to Bunbury), I could only stay for the first hour of his meagre 1.5 hour set. He definitely shit on Doorly, who in my opinion should have had less time on the decks. Anyone else have any thoughts or comments on his shows around Australia?

Attached Files

Comment

• max420
          Addiction started
          • Jul 2007

I wasn't as impressed with Finnebassen as much as when we saw him at Chinese Laundry earlier last year. But I will say this for sure. Lost Paradise was the best run, most delivered on advertised promises, patronised by the fewest if any developmentally retarded drug fucked social animals, flat out wildest multi day festival I've ever been to and I've been to more than I care to or can remember. Jon Hopkins though not necessarily my style of music was a live performance technician of the highest order. Should be awarded a Honorary Doctorate for his studies in Advanced Rhythmic Research and a nice guy to boot.

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

^^ Did you get to revolver ??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• max420
              Addiction started
              • Jul 2007

Nah, I didn't somehow my Sister and her Husband talked me into staying in Sydney to go to Field Day which they did, but i slept in a comfy bed in a hotel after 3 nights in a tent and then went to see Disclosure at the Opera House a few days later which to my surprise was really mad, hundreds of crazy drug fuelled gurning punters dancing on the seats of the Concert Hall while security looked on helplessly, topped off with a mad Laser Show. I wouldn't believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself. I will be making an attempt to get into Revs on Saturday March 25 as I will be Melbs for the Dockers Doggies clash the next day. Having said that, if you having the inside poop on the Melbs scene ever hear of any special event at Revs especially if you can pre purchase tickets please let me know. Maybe you might like to post the Hernan tour dates ?

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Hernan is Australia next weekend.

Comment

Working...