X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barski
    Addiction started
    • May 2013

Re: Britain leaves EU

Am I the only one who actually thinks this is a good thing?
    I mean, being a rich member of the EU basically means:
    You pay a lot of money to the EU, and in return Brussels tells you what to do.

The UK is free now. Congratulations!

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
      I'd say congrats, as an American it seems like a good thing, but what do our European members think?

It's a terrible thing !! I am getting from people there that they are expecting a recession. It is going to have massive consequences economically
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
        Because the country has loads of racists that are also lazy. They resent foreigners coming in stealing their jobs, because the foreigners work hard and are also ambitious.
        Now a lot won't have jobs . I'm sure they will be happier and hey it was democratic. The best summing up I have seen was on a Aussie satirical site .

STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!
          Not sure what you are quoting but that's some dangerous thing to give entity ...

There are a lot of lagging people in the world.. being from the third world, i can assure there are truly a lot.. what the world will do with these people? They born quickier than you think. Exponentially.

Don't take for granted what people think what is the best for them.. Its very complex
          Well said. People are inclined to be aspirational., they want to believe they are moving up in the world . Consequently they support what they aspire to rather than what they are.

Comment

• Micko
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by thebanned1
            old people live in a utopia where their lives happened when britain was this great wonderful leader on the global market, those days are long gone and we're not going to return to them as we have out priced ourselves and can't compete with the likes of china

the leave campaign painted its campaign as this great answer to every problem the UK had and people fell for it big time
            Well said and I think you're right to a large degree

It doesn't bode well for the average fiend who will most likely suffer financially

It will also complicate trade between the North and South of Ireland

A lot depends on the exit deal

Comment

• thebanned1
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • May 2009

Originally posted by barski

we got far more back in returns than we paid into the system plus the fact that brussels told us what to do was kind of a myth as the UK had a huge influence on how it was run... watch this video

Professor Michael Dougan on the EU Referendum - YouTube
              How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• thebanned1
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Micko

It will also complicate trade between the North and South of Ireland
                this worries me a lot, i,m more worried about the border issue with regards to the peace process than i am about the trading as it was key in the whole thing

Comment

• Claire Taurus
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2014

It was funny listening to people complaining about immigration, when they were never affected by it on a personal level at all.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by barski

One way or another, RICH people / country / company and so on, more likely don't do what others in inferior position tells them to do. Visibly or invisibly, rich ones always win in the end. Thats how the world we are living works and definitely does not look like its going to change in the near future.

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Micko

It doesn't bode well for the average fiend who will most likely suffer financially
                      First couple of years will be difficult economically and financially. The sense of a brighter future for the mid class and poor people will be the key imo... Changes arent easy most of the times and this is a helluva change

Comment

• floridaorange
                        I'm merely a humble butler
                        • Dec 2005

I see now, so basically there's a "united we stand, divided we fall" feeling about it from most MS members? Makes sense.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Nov 2013

I see now, so basically there's a "united we stand, divided we fall" feeling about it from most MS members? Makes sense.
                          There is no such thing. Take your head out of your bum.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Feb 2009

Besides the tangible economic difficulties for at least the first couple of years, the most dangerous side of this process is that is globally growing this false sense of nationalism and protectionism (on a grotesque scale, Trump) that ultimately shows xenophobia and racism..

I dont see it like "united we stand, divided we fall" .. i see it more like "go away (inmigrants) because you´re making me fall apart ".. Selfish but most importantly, wrong perception if you ask.

Comment

• thebanned1
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!
                              Besides the tangible economic difficulties for at least the first couple of years, the most dangerous side of this process is that is globally growing this false sense of nationalism and protectionism (on a grotesque scale, Trump) that ultimately shows xenophobia and racism..

I dont see it like "united we stand, divided we fall" .. i see it more like "go away (inmigrants) because you´re making me fall apart ".. Selfish but most importantly, wrong perception if you ask.
                              immigration was a hard selling point that the leave campaign pushed hard, it appealed to the miss informed and uneducated massively, the problem is not migration as migration usually is people of fit working age who come here to work and contribute to society the problem is business has caught onto the fact it can make more profit by offering these people lower wages than they would a british national, most spunk trumpets will shout the slogan "british jobs for british workers" without realizing this then go onto tell you that if we take control of everything we'll suddenly compete with the likes of china on the world stage, its just not going to happen... we've already completely out priced ourselves out that kind of competition.....if you went to another country and couldn't find work there what would you do ? personally i would go home

i,m completely sickened at the way this country is going on the politics side of things, its starting to become seriously far right wing, now they want to control the border with a point style system like australia has, not going to happen, to do business within the EU you will have to agree to the free movement of european nationals across the border, this has been proven as countries that are not in the european union that still trade with the EU have to agree to this.... what makes britain so special that we wouldn't have to agree to the same, thats right, NOTHING... we just gave up our democratic rights to influence those kind of rules within europe, basically were about to be fucked in the ass for doing so.

Comment

• floridaorange
                                I'm merely a humble butler
                                • Dec 2005

sorry musical notes, your responses are stuck on ignore mode, must be a glitch in the system.

@ AchtungBaby! I meant that it seems most members here would prefer that the UK stay with the eu, and that the division is counterproductive.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

Working...