I can't wait

NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GTX 1080 Founders Edition with 8GB GDDR5X

2.20 mins vid

12 mins vid:

• thebanned1
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • May 2009

Re: I can't wait

video cards are by far the most expensive part when building a pc and the technology is moving so fast it's hard to keep up and have money left in the bank at the same time, i gave up trying years ago and to be completely honest i don't need mine to be up to date as i don't play many games, i bought my last one in 2012 and although it still runs fine i think i might be about to update it if i can afford to

little warning though, it's been reported by a lot of decent sources that there seems to be some issues with some Nvidia cards and windows 10, it's been reported for quite a while now (well over a year) and not Nvidia or microsoft have fixed the issue yet, i had huge problems with mine which basically made the computer unusable after a while and i ended up going back to a previous version of windows
    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• ddr
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Radeon
      "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Gatz
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thebanned1
        little warning though, it's been reported by a lot of decent sources that there seems to be some issues with some Nvidia cards and windows 10, it's been reported for quite a while now (well over a year) and not Nvidia or microsoft have fixed the issue yet, i had huge problems with mine which basically made the computer unusable after a while and i ended up going back to a previous version of windows

Thats really not a concern I have a full 4 years warrenty and if that doesnt work since i'm a systems analyst i'll just install another o/s maybe Linux or Unix or whatever i want.

Comment

• Gatz
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ddr
          Radeon
          Too late for me - I should get my new p.c august 15 - including NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GTX 1080 Founders Edition with 8GB GDDR5X

Comment

• thebanned1
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Gatz
            Thats really not a concern I have a full 4 years warrenty and if that doesnt work since i'm a systems analyst i'll just install another o/s maybe Linux or Unix or whatever i want.
            it may be just older technology that is the problem, i think mine is the 5 or 600 series, old i know , no one really knows for sure what the exact problem is but microsoft is still reporting everyone's hardware compatible with the windows 10 upgrade probably because it's heavily investing in it's future by gathering user data more than it cares about issues, the issues will probably be fixed in updates

it was a weird one, it would work fine for say a couple of video's on facebook or somewhere else but after that video playback became jerky and seriously pixelated, after a couple of months i'd had enough and put an older version of windows on, i tried using the sfc and dism dos commands to fix some files i found that were corrupt but it didn't fix the issue so i tried a clean install only to find that by the time i,d installed all the drivers for my hardware that the very same files had been corrupted again, god i was pissed

Comment

• ddr
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

I just built a new AMD machine earlier this year, so much fun. Installed a new liquid cooler and now installing a couple more fans next week

Gotta love new PC's.. my Apple days are over I think.

Comment

• thebanned1
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • May 2009

Originally posted by ddr
                I just built a new AMD machine earlier this year, so much fun. Installed a new liquid cooler and now installing a couple more fans next week

it can be an expensive hobby if you don't buy good quality hardware that lasts, usually i build a new computer every 4 years or so but as i,m not in work just now i,m going to try and make this one last me a bit longer than i would usually use another computer for, as long as it runs and i can afford to buy a hard drive or 2 when i need one i,m happy, to be honest i'd rather buy music than keep up to current trends in computer technology these days

Comment

• ddr
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

it can be an expensive hobby if you don't buy good quality hardware that lasts, usually i build a new computer every 4 years or so but as i,m not in work just now i,m going to try and make this one last me a bit longer than i would usually use another computer for, as long as it runs and i can afford to buy a hard drive or 2 when i need one i,m happy, to be honest i'd rather buy music than keep up to current trends in computer technology these days
                  Yea I believe it.. here is my build: FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core, Radeon R9 390 8GB, Core V71 ATX Full Tower - My Custom Build - qua2ks Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

should be fine for quite a while I hope.

Comment

• Gatz
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ddr
                    Great choice AMD is really known for processor power.

Comment

• thebanned1
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • May 2009

they've really had to step up their mark though, intel have a very firm grip on the market

Comment

• ddr
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

they've really had to step up their mark though, intel have a very firm grip on the market
                        maybe in a few years i will build a new Intel box.. liking my AMD so far

just finished installing 2 new Corsair ML120 Pro's into my case; one on my liquid cooler and the other on the bottom next to the PSU, i just love fiddling around with my case.. so many fans! lol

Comment

• thebanned1
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by ddr
                          maybe in a few years i will build a new Intel box.. liking my AMD so far

just finished installing 2 new Corsair ML120 Pro's into my case; one on my liquid cooler and the other on the bottom next to the PSU, i just love fiddling around with my case.. so many fans! lol
                          good choice of ssd as well, i,ve had a few ssd's in my time and samsung are the only one that has been solid since day one, that might not be the case today but if i,m ever buying another one samsung will be my first go to manufacturer, i hear intel do good ones though but i don't have experience with those

i quite fancy a pci express ssd though but they're currently out my price range, fast as hell

Intel 750 Series 1.2TB PCI-E 3.0 SSD - Ebuyer

Comment

• ddr
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

good choice of ssd as well, i,ve had a few ssd's in my time and samsung are the only one that has been solid since day one, that might not be the case today but if i,m ever buying another one samsung will be my first go to manufacturer, i hear intel do good ones though but i don't have experience with those

i quite fancy a pci express ssd though but they're currently out my price range, fast as hell

Intel 750 Series 1.2TB PCI-E 3.0 SSD - Ebuyer
                            I agree, I have nothing but good things to say about Samsung's electronics in general.. Their SSD Pro series have always had good reviews compared to their EVO series. Obviously, I use the SSD for my OS and the two 2 TB Black's for storage and gaming, so far so good

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ddr

I just had my video card in my mid 2011 Imac replaced by Apple for FREE !!!
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...