• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

chrome for android

specifically galaxy s6

starting to use chrome way more - which adblocker do you all use with chrome?

and/ or recommend another browser with ad blocker combo that works well.

not rooted (thanks)

rec's please
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

• Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: chrome for android

Google has clamped down pretty hard on adblockers which is why there aren't any real non-rooted options out there. They even started removing apps from the app store so many of them listed there are not as useful (granted I haven't tried any in some time now).

But you can still give the legendary ABP a go and see if it works out for you

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

I just read that if you use Firefox for Android you can install uBlock Origin which is the adblocker I use on desktop.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        • Jun 2004

firefox for android is a major ram hog tho? (just from people comments?)
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
          Google has clamped down pretty hard on adblockers which is why there aren't any real non-rooted options out there. They even started removing apps from the app store so many of them listed there are not as useful (granted I haven't tried any in some time now).

But you can still give the legendary ABP a go and see if it works out for you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ckplus.browser
          are you you rooted? i'm guessing you are..

if not what broweser/adblocker do you use?

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Anyone tried Brave ??
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
              • Jun 2004

this thread is a coupla years old.

yes I use brave. its what ive used eve since this thread went no where.
              Brave has an in-bulit adblocker which is fantastic.

big down side is that it has no 'go back' button. (it was hard to get used to initially - now i dont notice as much)
              but the history button is easy to use
              but you can bookmark same as always

not perfect - but my 'go to' for some time now

lmk if you find something better!

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

I can't seem to get the add blocker to work

I have a back button

Ok just tried again and the adds are blocked It is so fast. !!
                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  • Jun 2004

Hi D, hope you are well.

I just found out that brave was not auto updating for me. (it started to crash unexpectedly and often)

I had to copy bookmarks, then uninstall, reinstall and it. Now its hunky dory again.
                  (altho they changed all the features to the bottom)

Just FYI

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                    I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                    • Mar 2008

so when do we get our own ad flavored Linux distro? im tellin ya... if you dont get into old school youdve missed it....

we should soon tho, am I positive?... lots of ppl tryin to war beef to take us from us!

we need these ppl to make one for us! http://www.linuxdistro.com
                    (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                      Hi D, hope you are well.

I just found out that brave was not auto updating for me. (it started to crash unexpectedly and often)

I had to copy bookmarks, then uninstall, reinstall and it. Now its hunky dory again.
                      (altho they changed all the features to the bottom)

Just FYI
                      Just saw this ! Keep downloading Brave but end up junking again . It keeps doing things I don't want done And I'm not sure I believe some of their claims. Don't ask me now what they were. I only remember after I have downloaded it I may have to give it a try. I have an iMac , a Macbook air and a Macbook Pro they are all 2011 but all quite healthy . Sierra is really as far as I can go without losing some functionality. Point being Apple aren't supporting iTunes or Safari past here So need a new browser. And desperately need an iTunes alternative. !! I have 417gb stored on that steaming heap that is iTunes. There has got to be a better way

Comment

Working...