• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diegoff
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: life as it is

Originally posted by Jenks
    As someone who travels a lot, I gotta say, GPS is pretty fucking awesome!
    I use it when I travel, of course. I donīt use it in my city
    Itīs a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
    Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
    May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

I use waze all the time and don't get speeding tix anymore

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• GregWhelan
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

Agree with all the comments previously said. I ended my facebook account a couple of years ago. Never had twitter, instagram etc. All of these things are just tools for people to say 'look at me' or 'listen to me'. And they are given such prominence in the world today.

Every day there is a news story about some one who is 'outraged' at something happening, so they plaster it all over social media and it gathers momentum, until it makes the national news and people then start adding to it - even though it is so miniscule in the whole scheme of things you just think 'is this really news?'

If the internet ended tomorrow I could go back to the pre internet days no problem. My younger nieces and nephews would be screwed. Literally screwed. In fact so would my wife. Can't stop looking at her phone every 10 seconds to check FB etc. It amazes me and I constantly tell her she is crazy to do it.

There seems to be this urge to 'share' absolutely everything in your life, and its diluting life.

Comment

• D.Williams
          Platinum Poster
          • Aug 2006

Its choice, you choose to stay stuck in your phone,apps, etc
          I dont blame technology, I blame people

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

^^^ Everything comes back to people

Wish I could remember where I saw it, probably The Guardian, But someone described Facebook as an "insecurity amplifier "
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• GregWhelan
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

^ Spot on. I know people with over 1,000 friends on FB. 10,000 pictures in their profile. We have a relative who is obsessed with social media - the first thing that is asked when she goes to anywhere new is 'What is the wifi code please?'.

I also forgot to add in my earlier whine about how as I get older I realise that almost every facet of our lives is geared towards spending money. Very hard to enjoy anything without having to pay for it (I realise that you can go for a walk in the countyside and I do that often). Advertising is everywhere, and it's on the rise online as previously ad-free sites are now employing more and more ads (I've noticed that youtube has done this).

We are planning to start a family very soon and I genuinely worry about making sure that any children we do have don't become too reliant on the net and gadgets!

Comment

• salami
                Platinum Poster
                • May 2008

i'm having this kind of conversations a lot! simply cause our generation experienced
                a massive change in a very short period of time during the past 10 years or so.

We still are the ones who can appreciate the simple things in life, and we are able to not allow technology distract us from truly experiencing those moments, cause we know how to live without it.
                So we need to pass this to the next generations as much as we can.

Even though i work as an IT,i still use technology very wisely, i don't let it use me.

i say internet screens smartphones are like a chewing gum,
                after a while you must spit it, cause if you don't, it will chew the life out of you...

Very truly interesting topic this is!! Congrats guys!!
                Last edited by salami; September 25, 2016, 05:14:41 AM.

Comment

• floridaorange
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by salami
                  i still use technology very wisely, i don't let it use me.

THIS. There will always be a majority collective consciousness of sick fucking people, doesn't mean you have to do what they do. In fact it's probably wise if you do the OPPOSITE of what MOST people do.

Complaining about technology and listening to Techno music baby!

Comment

• trick12
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jul 2007

so fo, what does most people do that u shud do the opposite?

please illuminate us
                    Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• GregWhelan
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

^ I steer clear of social media. I try to put my phone away when I'm in the office so I'm not tempted to waste time checking it. We actually print out our photos so we have something tangible to keep. We don't use 'the cloud'. We try to buy things we actually need, not just because they are the latest fashion.

Comment

• floridaorange
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by trick12
                        so fo, what does most people do that u shud do the opposite?

please illuminate us
                        Use your observation skills and mind. I'm sure you can figure out what is popular where you reside.

Comment

• trick12
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jul 2007

sorry fo but im not as skilled as you are, where i am the most popular thing is camels and sand boarding so are these things fo thinks i shud stay away from?

Comment

• trick12
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                            ^ I steer clear of social media. I try to put my phone away when I'm in the office so I'm not tempted to waste time checking it. We actually print out our photos so we have something tangible to keep. We don't use 'the cloud'. We try to buy things we actually need, not just because they are the latest fashion.

i think our generation kinda was brought up before all this boost so we still hold on to some things, but the next generation and our kids is scary stuff, i mean they will be 100% depending on google and technology, they dont know nothing before this . actually the amount of older people that started fb accounts and been tied to their phones too after the boost in smart phones is crazy too, laptops and computers didnt do that for them. somehow nowadays people that stay away from all this or are not caught up with the latest apps n shit are the ones that seem backwards now, eventho they could know tons of info and read heavy books....

Comment

• floridaorange
                              • Dec 2005

all you can control is you, sounds like you are trying to control what others do. good luck with that. and reading negative bullshit online is not going to help either ^_^.

Comment

• feather
                                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                                • Jul 2004

Personally it's not like I'm raging against the Kardashians or the rise of social self-righteousness. I think what we're saying are more observations on what's happening in the world today rather than us doing the very thing that we find disturbing.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...