X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • REDROCK
    Gold Gabber
    • Feb 2015

Social Media Explained

Some of this is obvious, other bits less so, worth a watch imo.

Especially the part about who the creators of social media were and how it is rewiring the psychology of our society.

Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Social Media Explained

^^ It's great to see social media outed. !!
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Re: Social Media Explained

I froze my Facebook 2 months ago. The addiction is real, at least the act of checking for "news".

But I think social media is useful too. Since I stopped Facebook, I feel like I closed a "window" on the world. The same feeling I'd have if I quit MS.

I lean older as do the people I have on Facebook. Our interactions are not as superficial or throw-away as I imagine the kinda content and interactions you get on Snapchat or Instagram.

I think who we are and how we use social media is reflective of who we have on social media.

It just happens that connecting a lot of dumb narcissistic puerile people amplifies all the wrong things.

The same thing happens on forums, social media is just more immediate and accessible.

I think this article is interesting and relevant: 'Our minds can be hijacked': the tech insiders who fear a smartphone dystopia | Technology | The Guardian

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...