X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • janky
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Badass Set

I need a really high energy but progressive set for a 4 hour drive tonight. Anyone got recommendations? One of my favorites of the year is this set from Darin Epsilon:

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio
    4 9 7 23 5 5 4
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Badass Set

Have you heard this Pappa set: [ms]

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• REDROCK
      Gold Gabber
      • Feb 2015

safe travels

Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.

Comment

• janky
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

Sweet. I'll check both of these out, thanks.
        4 9 7 23 5 5 4

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by feather
          Have you heard this Pappa set: [ms]
          Saw Dave Seaman, Pappa and Danny Tenaglia Friday night. Dave and Pappa were great , Tenaglia not so much.
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• chuckc
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

glad u caught that show didi. tenaglia is somewhat over rated imho

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
              Saw Dave Seaman, Pappa and Danny Tenaglia Friday night. Dave and Pappa were great , Tenaglia not so much.
              Originally posted by chuckc
              glad u caught that show didi. tenaglia is somewhat over rated imho
              Tenaglia is kinda like Oakenfold that way ... never really progressed.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• janky
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

I saw Seaman, Howells and Emerson a month ago in San Francisco. Good night, nothing extraordinary though.
                4 9 7 23 5 5 4

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

^^^ I have watched a set with the three them and from that I think they are all better on their own

Tenaglia is kinda like Oakenfold that way ... never really progressed.
                  That sounds right. One annoying thing for me is that when Dave Seaman played first up the sound was really good. Don't know what Tenaglia did but his sound was terrible , bass that moved your bones , and not in a good way . Went back to great when Papa played .

Upstairs Brown Alley .
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by janky
                    I saw Seaman, Howells and Emerson a month ago in San Francisco. Good night, nothing extraordinary though.
                    Where did they play in SF? Is there a "scene" here?

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DIDI

Upstairs Brown Alley .
                      Is Brown Alley still going on?!?! Man I miss those days

Comment

• janky
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

I don't go out much at all anymore but there's definitely a scene in SF. Emerson/Howells/Seaman played at Great Northern. Sign up for their mailing list if you want gig reminders:

3D DANNY HOWELLS, DAVE SEAMAN DARREN EMERSON at The Great Northern @ The Great Northern, San Francisco [10 November]

Where did they play in SF? Is there a "scene" here?
                        4 9 7 23 5 5 4

Comment

• janky
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

Solomun EM not my cup of tea.

The Pappa set is good!

If you like the Pappa set, you might like this set from Trent Cantrelle (some really good remixes of classics):

DISTRIKT is the epitome of day parties on the playa. The people, the vibe, and the finely curated sound truly create one of the most musically exhilarating experiences anywhere found at Burning Man. T
                          4 9 7 23 5 5 4

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

Is Brown Alley still going on?!?! Man I miss those days
                            Yes it is , and I'm prepared to bet they haven't done any maintenance since you were last there. Or cleaned it, you should see the soles of my shoes. Was that the Sunny with Jamie Stevens ?? God that was a great night. !! Sasha was on elsewhere

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by janky
                              The Pappa set is good!

If you like the Pappa set, you might like this set from Trent Cantrelle (some really good remixes of classics):

https://soundcloud.com/distrikt-soun...ic-episode-179
                              Nice thanks, will add it to the playlist!

You can check out the best of 2018 thread: [ms]

BOg's Transition is good too.

Comment

Working...