X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddr
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Lee Burridge - Robot Heart - Burning Man 2018

I have listened to this set 3x in its entirety and I really enjoy it. this set is much better than his 5 hour 'Requiem For A Daydream' mix. the only thing this mix is missing really are the really trippy tracks, whereas this is an emotional journey.
    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• AndresBianchi
      Getting Somewhere
      • Dec 2017

100% agree with you, for me this one is way better than the Requiem for a Daydream mix

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Nov 2013

Yep. Only missing that November track for me.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ddr
          I have listened to this set 3x in its entirety and I really enjoy it. this set is much better than his 5 hour 'Requiem For A Daydream' mix. the only thing this mix is missing really are the really trippy tracks, whereas this is an emotional journey.
          Totally understand you.. If Requiem for a daydream didn't exists this one would be fav from him this year.. But even this one from Burning Man being wonderful, i kinda was expecting something like this.

Requiem for a Daydream has a totally unexpected vibe, the lenght and tempo that i enjoy the most and most important, 5 hours of great music, not even one track that i didnt like.. thats very rare to find ..

All in all, Lee is top 3 artist of 2018 imo.. amazing year.

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!
            Totally understand you.. If Requiem for a daydream didn't exists this one would be fav from him this year.. But even this one from Burning Man being wonderful, i kinda was expecting something like this.

Requiem for a Daydream has a totally unexpected vibe, the lenght and tempo that i enjoy the most and most important, 5 hours of great music, not even one track that i didnt like.. thats very rare to find ..

All in all, Lee is top 3 artist of 2018 imo.. amazing year.
            Yes, for me he has delivered every time this year.

Comment

• JellyButt
              Platinum Poster
              • Jan 2005

NICE
              tnx
              IT WASN'T ME! i SWEAR!!!

Comment

• udolph
                Gold Gabber
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by thebanned1
                the resolution of the ears isn't as great as the resolution of the eyes, the eye is more accurate, today, there is not much difference between analogue synths and software synths, you'll be hard pushed to tell the difference.
                well, we are on the shore of a neverending discussion here, I won't enter
                I will just say, I don't know you, but I can tell the difference between analog and digital synths with only one ear, any day and I'm sure the majority can as well, standalone or in a mix.

I might refute each single paragraph of what you said mate, but just doesn't matter, I imagine at least 3 different ways of how the idea might work. Spotify pays so little, doesn't mean others couldnt do it different. Whether the user pays $5 or the developer implements advertising.
                The people is used to get mixes for free, and for that same reason we are complaining about low quality in most of the cases.

Originally posted by DIDI
                ...I would be quite happy to pay for great sets that were recorded well. Hernan's Cordoba is a great example.!!...

...And how much they get paid for streaming. The Streaming Price Bible Spotify, YouTube and What 1 Million Plays Means to You! | The Trichordist
                Exactly of that I was talking about...
                paid content, better quality... totally possible.

Doesn't matter how much Spotify pays, we are talking about a hypotetical new platform here. I just feel it might be done.
                Soundcloud could use google ads or advertising to offer streaming in 320.

I also love to collect the files in my hard drive, but again, the artists prefer plays, likes, comments, etc.
                The evolution of technology tells each day more, everything is going to be in the cloud, so the streaming is becoming the common rule as well as the cellphones removed the memory cards and extended the online storage plans.
                "The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad."

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by udolph

Doesn't matter how much Spotify pays, we are talking about a hypotetical new platform here. I just feel it might be done.
                  Soundcloud could use google ads or advertising to offer streaming in 320.

I also love to collect the files in my hard drive, but again, the artists prefer plays, likes, comments, etc.
                  The evolution of technology tells each day more, everything is going to be in the cloud, so the streaming is becoming the common rule as well as the cellphones removed the memory cards and extended the online storage plans.
                  It totally matters how much Spotify or other streamimg services pay ! How are we going to get them to pay a reasonable amount. ???Soundcloud already have ads . Very annoying audible adds.

I think the artists would prefer money. On Soundcloud you have to like and follow an artist before you can download. So many likes would be fake . I really hope not everything is going to be the cloud. My Free iCloud 5gb is still intact. Haven't got anything in there.
                  Originally posted by TheVrk
                  it IS incredible isn't it??
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                  Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                  The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• thebanned1
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by udolph
                    well, we are on the shore of a neverending discussion here, I won't enter
                    I will just say, I don't know you, but I can tell the difference between analog and digital synths with only one ear, any day and I'm sure the majority can as well, standalone or in a mix.

I don't know you either but if you think you can tell the difference in a saw wave after it's been through envelopes and filters etc between an analogue synth and a good software synth today then I guess you must be a man in the know, the only real difference these days is low end and that's nothing a bit of processing can't sort out if you know what you're doing, so in a way you're right, analogue might sound a little warmer but give it 4 - 5 years, imo it's already there. in fact software is already doing what hardware can't

I might refute each single paragraph of what you said mate, but just doesn't matter, I imagine at least 3 different ways of how the idea might work. Spotify pays so little, doesn't mean others couldnt do it different. Whether the user pays $5 or the developer implements advertising.
                    The people is used to get mixes for free, and for that same reason we are complaining about low quality in most of the cases.
                    so go on then explain yourself ?
                    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• thebanned1
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • May 2009

genuinely though...how can you say it doesn't matter about how much artists get paid and then justify the use of analogue synths ? you obviously know how much those cost right ?

Comment

• thebanned1
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • May 2009

can i bring up another point, that may go one way or another ? do you think if artists and djs were getting paid enough they wouldn't want to shower you in glorious wav and 320 mp3, it's the fact that they're getting paid so little that you're all sitting here ripping low quality facebook videos because most can't afford to properly advertise themselves, they're all using analogue synths as you rightly point out but the cost of those far outweigh what artists are getting paid for their work

Comment

• udolph
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by thebanned1
                          genuinely though...how can you say it doesn't matter about how much artists get paid and then justify the use of analogue synths ? you obviously know how much those cost right ?
                          Maybe my english isn't good enough.
                          Of course it's important how much the artists get paid, but Spotify it's not the reference and it shouldn't be, so doesn't matter what they do. You can sell your music thru Bandcamp for example.
                          We are talking about a niche here, so I see it as a different case.

I repeat myself. With a fee of $5 and/or advertising, I see possible to have a place like soundcloud where you download mixes.
                          Good deal for the artists, the developer and the labels in concept of rights.
                          It's just an idea where all of them could be receiving something where today receives nothing and we also might get HQ where today we don't.

And talking about analog synths, comparing just a sawtooth the difference is small (still warmer and fatter), but add analog envelopes and filter modulation and you are not there and I don't see it there in the short future either.
                          Just MHO.

The good thing is, we can choose both.

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad."

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

^^^Of course Spotify should be the reference, it's the biggest thing out there. Bandcamp is minuscule in comparison.

All the things you are talking are probably there all ready. But the largest percentage of people out there are are quite happy to just use streaming and they really don't give a shit about where their music comes from. They don't care that artists, songwriters are being ripped off.

This is depressing
                            Originally posted by TheVrk
                            it IS incredible isn't it??
                            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Weizy
                              MCast Resident DJ
                              • Jun 2004

I am on my 2nd listen now and it sounds even better this go round, love the vibe of this year's Robot Heart mix from Lee

also WTF is this ID, ugh!

07. [046] Sébastien Léger - ID

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Weizy
                                I am on my 2nd listen now and it sounds even better this go round, love the vibe of this year's Robot Heart mix from Lee

also WTF is this ID, ugh!

07. [046] Sébastien Léger - ID
                                Released in April/May if I recall correctly.

Comment

Working...