Resident 403 Xmas Special- 6 hrs set recorded live at Woodstock Bloemendaal- Part 6

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Resident 403 Xmas Special- 6 hrs set recorded live at Woodstock Bloemendaal- Part

^^ But of course.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• unkle
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Mar 2007

Re: Resident 403 Xmas Special- 6 hrs set recorded live at Woodstock Bloemendaal- Part

I cant talk about Hernan, Am completly partial.

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

^^^ Why ??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• unkle
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Mar 2007

Because am completly influenced by Hernan since ever,
          even if he has a bad day or a bad set, I will keep my ears on his sound,
          my criticisms on him are soft compared with any others Djs,
          anyway, tastes are tastes.

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Firstly thanks for answering my "why" I do understand what you mean, but why did you become this way?? Wasn't it because he was just so good at the type of music we love ??

If anyone should feel free to have an opinion, and talk about it , it is you ! ! Your experience and knowledge is so much more than most of us here. I would definitely want to hear your opinions

Tastes are tastes , but what I dislike is when derogatory claims are presented as facts, rather than someones individual taste.

Good to see you here. You definitely missed

Comment

• jmrecillas
              Gold Gabber
              • Aug 2007

I'm agree with DIDI about Hernán Cattaneo sets. And I think that he has evolved from a local Argentinian DJ to a World Class DJ. If that is not evolution, I don't know what could it be. He move from a certain class of old house school, to a World Class Progressive and House long sets, which is not so simple to do. I think we can consider fortunate to watch and listen him today as a real privilege that future generations will miss; it is the equivalent of having seing The Beatles on the Shea Stadium half a century ago, and watching a video of that same concert. That is the importance and relevance of what Hernán Cattaneo is acomplished. It is easy to say, and even more easy to disregard from a confort zone on which we live.

His epic sets with Nick Warren are just mindblowing, and this b2b sets are the best thing ever happen on dance floors around the world. I think what both do when they are together is beyond any other legendary team, such Sasha & Jon Digweed, have acomplished. That particuar sound that Hernán has acquire with time is one of the most impressive musical experiencies everyone can have, and I think very very few DJs in the entire world, such Nick Warren, can compare with that.

It is not exagerate to say that Hernán is Lionel Messi's musical equivalent, and is not a chance that both are Argentinians.

So, yes, I think what Hernán Cattaneo has acomplished and what share every week with us is something that one day will be conisdered as one of the best musical eras in music history.

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

^^^^^ Thank you, thank you, thank you. !!! I definitely couldn't have put it better myself.

Comment

• unkle
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫

16. [085] ID

Skinnerbox - Purgatory Five (ID Remix)

Comment

• Hoff
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Aug 2009

good to know about you unkle eeee,

te acordas de purgatory five en esa moonpark no !???

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫

01. [000] Initial - Little Helper 298-4 (Ambient Version) (Original Mix)
                    02. [006] Kora - Kanjira (Extended Mix)

but there is huge mental thing between those 2 really !?,

that Far tune with vocals and some

and you agree with this really unkkkkk ?

Comment

• Hoff
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Aug 2009

wuoa
                      some shit from the matrix made a double post

sorry,

Comment

• donkeykong
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                        I managed to get to the 2 hour point before switching off. I think I’m probably done with Hernan sets now. I just do not enjoy this music. I think if you took a 10 minute sample of one of his sets from each year in the past ten years you would not be able to tell any difference between each sample. It genuinely sounds like the same track over and over again. Six hours of it? Not for me.

Shame really as I have enjoyed many of his cd releases and sets over the years. Metrodance from 2006-2010 was excellent. But his sound hasn’t evolved in my opinion.
                        Greg, a very brave post considering this message board, but tbh...... I agree with you about this set-6 hours that dont really go anywhere. You could start listening at any point, and you wouldnt be able to tell where you were in it-loop it, and you wouldnt tell any difference.

Im sure its just a blip, and Hernan will be back to his best on the next one we hear, but this didnt do it for me either.

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

^^^

Should never have to feel brave about offering an opinion

BUT !

Quoting myself Tastes are tastes , but what I dislike is when derogatory claims are presented as facts, rather than someones individual taste.

Or opinion.

Comment

• GregWhelan
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

^ I'm still confused. Can you elaborate on where I have presented a derogatory claim as a fact?

Comment

• simonr
                              Transitionator
                              • Jun 2004

I don't see Greg's comment as derogatory here. I wouldn't expect a big difference in sound - that is because the elements Hernan looks for and plays are consistent over the years i.e. melody and groove. In recent years the BPM of tracks has lowered fairly consistently vs. late 90s' / early 2000's and even to late 2000s.

Also the recent 'standard' progressive sound isn't one that evolves much - Hernan plays part of this sound .. but what sets him aside is he uses other genres and the loops from prog into tracks to really add wider elements his sets. Plus he constructs special moments. He is also constantly looking out for and breaking new music ... so the sound may not change, but he's one of those DJs that constantly plays fresh music, across genres. In 2018 he played 2 x 6 hour sets and didn't repeat 1 track.

The Woodstock sets are similar to Burning man as both have sunset / sunrise elements .. because of this they won't be like a Hernan 3 hour club set. So the first 2012 Woodstock set HC played will be very similar to 2018 and 2019 .. nothing wrong with this at all .. you won't see El Maestro jump ship to playing electro or Techno ... to hitting trends.

In all honestly the only way I'd be likely to tell the sets apart are from the tracks I know in there that created the special moments e.g. Kolsch - All That Matters in 2012 to Sasha - Trigonometry / Acid Pauli - Nana in 2016 or Marvin & Guy The Train of Fantastic in 2017.

To appreciate a Woodstock set you kind of need to be there, in the sunlight with the unique atmosphere and free spirited vibe. It can't fully translate to home listening. And having seen there from Sasha to Dixon to Âme it is Hernan that is head & shoulders above them all when he plays. I'd love to see Guy and John play all all day Bedrock there but think they'd struggle to match HC .. and John is (my opinion) the best of the best, with HC and Âme close behind.

Also what most won't realise is the first 6 hours of this set are daylight. The other year Hernan said he thought he had 2 hours of dark to play in like a previous year but the late sunset had caught him by surprise him son he didn't play all the club tracks he's wanted to.

The fact is the set is all about patience .. there's no rush here. You get eased into the music and lost in the music. It's not about jumping up and down. The time actually seems to go so quick and in a flash.

Anyway, I can't wait for July 2019 now .. W69 is always one of the years big highlights. It's a shame the secret is out, as a lot of people struggle to get a ticket and they couldn't get the 2 days this year because of restrictions.
                              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• simonr
                                Transitionator
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jmrecillas

His epic sets with Nick Warren are just mindblowing, and this b2b sets are the best thing ever happen on dance floors around the world. I think what both do when they are together is beyond any other legendary team, such Sasha & Jon Digweed, have accomplished.
                                I'm guessing you mean in recent time right ?
                                sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

Working...