X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

cbd

I like many of you smoked loads of pot, in the past anyway.
    At this stage in life as I approach 40 this yr, curious what CBD might
    help with. Any recommendations?

It was fun while it lasted...
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: cbd

Ha, I've been experimenting here and there with CBD. There's a whole subreddit dedicated to it, best to start there.

1) There's a lot of hype around CBD and it's not as mature/established as weed if you look at the strains available.
    2) There's no "regulation" and the names of the strains are just names—whatever's popular and shares the same effect, at least according to this comment.
    3) If you peruse the subreddit, there will be popular vendors that keep coming up and I'd start with them since they're "consistent" by virtue of so much anecdotal reviews.
    4) Some people suggest CBD needs to build up in the system for its effect, some also claim that ingesting CBD and weed gets you even more high.

Like weed, the effects are split into up or down. The downers do make me feel drowsy and I've had to nap after. The uppers, I tried them for day use for anxiety and focus.

From my own usage, I experience a subtle mental shift after vaping some but they last about 1-2hrs? You don't get stoned or high like weed so it might feel like you're not getting much out of it.

I don't think I get as much benefits as others have claimed, not in that life-changing way though on the subreddit there're many weed smokers who converted to CBD. They seem to work for my wife who suffers from chronic nerve pains and headaches, and also helps to mellow her out / calm her down if her mind is racing and going to a bad place.

So I think it's very much YMMV and there's some trial and error involved, unlike weed where you'd expect to feel a noticeable difference and high regardless of what you're smoking/vaping.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Amber
      Getting warmed up
      • Oct 2014

I don't know anything about CBD, but my doc today recommended grass-fed beef gelatin to help with 1) sleeping 2) increase sense of wellbeing 3) intestinal health 4) anti-aging properties 5) eases joint & muscle pain.

She said to add it to tea at night, sweeten it, and consume before bed.

Might be a better/healthier alternative to CBD.

The #1 Reason We All Need to Eat More Gelatin - Nourishing Joy

Comment

• thebanned1
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • May 2009

I took cbd capsules for pain relief, they work but don't scrimp on what you pay for them as a lot of the stuff out there is just watered down junk, i was pretty surprised by the result tbh
        How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• tiddles
          Encryption, Jr.
          • Jun 2004

i take daily it for some mental health stuff. it is very subtle, bu has helped me work through some heavy shit in my life.

yeah, not all brands are equal. i like lazarus naturals because you can see the lab results and their business practices are very much for helping people. i recommend their tinctures, but they do have some small amounts of THC in them and if you take a whole bunch you will probably get slightly stoned. also agree it requires a bit of experimentation to find out what works for you.

Comment

• kolakao
            Getting Somewhere
            • Feb 2009

tansy or wormwood, work similar, to cbd
            they work on the same receptors
            but theya are much easier to obtain

Comment

• chuckc
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

I have been taking this brand called green gorilla, its has helped some with my sleep.. but overall i am not sure if its doing a whole lot.
              maybe its not the right kind/brand as I don't believe its full spectrum or has any thc.

what kind to take, how much, which brands are legit.....its all so confusing to me.

Comment

• thebanned1
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • May 2009

cbd is legal because it DOESN'T have thc in it

Comment

• tiddles
                  Encryption, Jr.
                  • Jun 2004

in the US it can have up to 0.3% or something like that

Comment

• thebanned1
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by tiddles
                    in the US it can have up to 0.3% or something like that
                    yea same in the uk but thats way below the threshold of it becoming active in the human body

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by thebanned1
                      I took cbd capsules for pain relief, they work but don't scrimp on what you pay for them as a lot of the stuff out there is just watered down junk, i was pretty surprised by the result tbh
                      Originally posted by tiddles
                      i take daily it for some mental health stuff. it is very subtle, bu has helped me work through some heavy shit in my life.

yeah, not all brands are equal. i like lazarus naturals because you can see the lab results and their business practices are very much for helping people. i recommend their tinctures, but they do have some small amounts of THC in them and if you take a whole bunch you will probably get slightly stoned. also agree it requires a bit of experimentation to find out what works for you.
                      Originally posted by chuckc
                      I have been taking this brand called green gorilla, its has helped some with my sleep.. but overall i am not sure if its doing a whole lot.
                      maybe its not the right kind/brand as I don't believe its full spectrum or has any thc.

what kind to take, how much, which brands are legit.....its all so confusing to me.
                      Are you guys taking them in pill form?

I've tried the tincture drops, and like most drugs, oral consumption is the most wasteful ...

I vape mine.

Anyway the subreddit I linked is very active and has pretty good info. There are heaps of reviews too so they help guide you which to try, that's how I got started.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• thebanned1
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • May 2009

na i stopped taking them after my knee got better, they're too expensive really

Comment

• sakio pod
                          SALAD TOSSER
                          • Jun 2004

Keep in mind your buying HEMP derived CBD if your buying it online or in the stores, you will not get the full effect and it is mislabeling IMO and people and slap CBD on anything and sell it.
                          The only way to get the full spectrum THC CBD is from the dispensary!

Comment

• tiddles
                            Encryption, Jr.
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
                            Are you guys taking them in pill form?

I've tried the tincture drops, and like most drugs, oral consumption is the most wasteful ...

I vape mine.

Anyway the subreddit I linked is very active and has pretty good info. There are heaps of reviews too so they help guide you which to try, that's how I got started.
                            tincture, 1ml under the tongue in the morning and sometimes more in the afternoon if i'm having a particularly shitty mental health day. i like this one best https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/shop...d-high-potency

Originally posted by sakio pod
                            Keep in mind your buying HEMP derived CBD if your buying it online or in the stores, you will not get the full effect and it is mislabeling IMO and people and slap CBD on anything and sell it.
                            The only way to get the full spectrum THC CBD is from the dispensary!

https://discovercbd.com/pages/hemp-d...na-derived-cbd
                            i tried the dispensary one first, the hemp one is just as effective for me. i have a 1-1 thc-cbd vape that i like, but don't like thc when i have to work because i often overdo it

Comment

• chuckc
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

^^you guys are so lucky you have dispensary where you can go to purchase....sure wish it would change for us states in the south.

Comment

Working...