• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thebanned1
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • May 2009

Re: Clash DJ Mix - Sasha

Originally posted by sbando
    I only wish he'd take more risks when choosing the tracks he plays.
    ^this

I know it'll never happen but just for once I'd love for him to dig a bit deeper into some of the really underground stuff he used to play during the NE days, what I mean by that is I'd like him to not play the obvious tracks like papua new guinea

also i find some of the Sasha fans a little grating, it's the same with Digweed fans, I mean, it doesn't really matter what these guys play, their fans are all over it like a rash with "super duper tune" etc etc, much brown nosing to be seen on just about every set they play, not saying it's not good, I once joined the Sasha and Digweed facebook page and just found it to be nothing but a cringe fest, it's not exactly pushing them forward in any direction because even though a set may not be up to par the fans are "omg new Sasha set...fap fap fap"
    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• sbando
      Going back to Romford
      • Apr 2008

The notorious S&D Facebook Page, lol.

Since his comeback (of sorts, I still don't know what really happened to Sasha during his "Lost Weekend" years), he's released a few brilliant sets, well thought and everything. But he keeps playing the SAME TRACKS over and over again! I mean: Jamie Woon - Shoulda?
      ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
      ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
      ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
      ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• thebanned1
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • May 2009

The notorious S&D Facebook Page, lol.

Since his comeback (of sorts, I still don't know what really happened to Sasha during his "Lost Weekend" years), he's released a few brilliant sets, well thought and everything. But he keeps playing the SAME TRACKS over and over again! I mean: Jamie Woon - Shoulda?
        that's just it, his fan base love this shit....if you're told you're doing something right then the likelihood is that you'll keep doing it until someone tells you it's wrong AND NO CUNT IS lol

I'm a long time supporter of Sasha but his latest sound is hit or miss, whether that is down to him getting older and tastes changing or he's just losing interest that's understood but even when a set is shit ( and lets face it some are ) his global fanbase are all over it like a rash fapping like crazy

I can understand that to a degree but holy fuck there have been some shockers in recent times

Comment

• sbando
          Going back to Romford
          • Apr 2008

Everything is "The Man Like this...", "The Man Like that...". I also hate it when people from those groups (including The Alexander Coe one and the Progressive Classics) say "I have it on vinyl!" about no matter what track gets posted. Also, when someone asks about Traktor or Rekordbox and they reply "Technics SL 1200!!!!!!!".

You can't discuss old or new sets, CD mixes, tracks. Nothing. It's all fanboyish adoration.
          ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
          ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
          ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• thebanned1
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • May 2009

100%

Comment

• model1974
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jul 2008

I only wish he'd take more risks when choosing the tracks he plays.
              Totally agree. He has a good 'ear' so I've never understood why recently over the last few years his sets have become so predicable and repetitive. If I had access to the shit he has Id be banging new stuff out all the time
              I do think he lost that sparkle when he settled down and allowed his American wife to tour with him, life has a habit of doing that to you I guess.

Comment

• GregWhelan
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Agree with all the comments above. I tend to read the comments before I listen to a set and you would think the set is the greatest ever music recorded going off some of the comments. Doesn’t matter what set it is either.

It’s not just Sasha and Digweed. Every DJ has those fanboys that seem to love every set they do, and rank it as the greatest thing they’ve done. I remember on the old GU board, each time a new GU was released it was ‘the best GU yet’. I swear someone said that about Emerson Uruguay (which was ok, but the best one yet?).

Anyone, I am looking forward to listening to a different side of Sasha with this set

Comment

• thebanned1
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                  It’s not just Sasha and Digweed.
                  the fans of those 2 are particularly bad though

Comment

• sbando
                    Going back to Romford
                    • Apr 2008

Hour 1+, the downtempo segment, is ok, nothing to rave about and draw comparisons between this and NE (for the love of god!!). Then he plays Jon Hopkins - Light Through The Veins......

The uptempo part is good but a few tracks are overplayed, by him and the rest of the world too.
                    ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                    ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                    ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• Knightsfan87
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Apr 2010

This made me go back & listen to his BBC 6 Mix from years ago. A real beaut that one.

Comment

• harry ramsden
                        Wanna play sudoko with me?
                        • Jun 2004

Any download link for this one yet?

Comment

• sbando
                          Going back to Romford
                          • Apr 2008

No, just rip it from Soundcloud.