X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • REDROCK
    Gold Gabber
    • Feb 2015

Re: Coronavirus

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0275/2666/0182/files/CV19_Near_Mid-Term_Forecasting_Revised.pdf?v=1584581197
    Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.

Comment

• Amber
      Getting warmed up
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by feather
      The Coronavirus-Proof Nation - Reasons to be Cheerful

The delayed response in the US and now these "shelter in place" directive is causing a slow panic and getting people paranoid. Less smiles and cherry hellos in the building elevator.

And laughably, people are stocking up on toilet paper.

Good thing we use a bidet (one of those Japanese-style toilet seats) at home
      Curious..... don't you still have to pat dry or do you just air dry? Lol. Still need the paper, right? Kinda nutty people were/are? so worried there'll be no paper to use due to this virus, panick, etc. How does that equate, not quite sure. It's funny tho.

Comment

• ddr
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

not to mention everyone buying guns and ammo like it's going to switch to 28 Days Later. then again, this always happens in the US no matter what the scare or fear of is.
        "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

I love most of what you say here . But why do you think it is benefiting animals and the environment. ??

I understand there be will be a temporary benefit to the environment because of the shut down of manufacturing and flying. But China in particular will be up and running again quickly. I can't see any benefit for animals.
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Some of the Japanese ones blow you dry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toto_Ltd. A friend of mine here has one.
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

ETgbi7XUUAICdIN.jpg

We are not losing our sense of humour here. Btw Tasmania is the Island at the bottom of Australia that everyone forgets to put on the map . It is still Australia

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2020/03/19/2020-cancelled/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campai gn=2020_cancelled_read_the_full_statement&utm_term =2020-03-19

Comment

• Amber
                Getting warmed up
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by DIDI
                I love most of what you say here . But why do you think it is benefiting animals and the environment. ??

I understand there be will be a temporary benefit to the environment because of the shut down of manufacturing and flying. But China in particular will be up and running again quickly. I can't see any benefit for animals.
                Oh, well I read the canals in Venice (I think it was) became clear and dolphin returned, fish are multiplying in rivers because fewer are fishing them, 90% of planes are grounded & that's gotta help, smog is clearing in places due to so few people commuting, no one is taking cruises, and there's probably more things like that going on, don't you think? Might all just return to normal but maybe animals are getting a bit of a short-term break with less human interaction for now.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DIDI

i hear you there but when you're drowning, getting some air certainly helps.

We as a specie maybe will be a tiny better once this ends... maybe!

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Amber
                    Oh, well I read the canals in Venice (I think it was) became clear and dolphin returned, fish are multiplying in rivers because fewer are fishing them, 90% of planes are grounded & that's gotta help, smog is clearing in places due to so few people commuting, no one is taking cruises, and there's probably more things like that going on, don't you think? Might all just return to normal but maybe animals are getting a bit of a short-term break with less human interaction for now.
                    There would be a real benefit if all cruise ships were stopped . They do incredible damage to our oceans.

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!
                      i hear you there but when you're drowning, getting some air certainly helps.

We as a specie maybe will be a tiny better once this ends... maybe!
                      The thing is most of us aren't drowning but panicking is doing incredible damage. . Your country has had 3 deaths, mine 7 which is an incredibly small number. I'm certainly not making little of those deaths , people are grieving. But what are your figures for the yearly flu?? I know ours are massively more than that.

We need to be sensible and most aren't now. The stockpiling for instance is preventing people who can't afford to stockpile from actually accessing food. Take all the precautions recommended by reputable sites, and there are plenty of those. But don't get sucked into the utter doom and gloom scenario foisted on us by the media and social networks. Remember they are not in it for our benefit. It's all about sales for them .

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, Hubei is not getting new cases. A whole village in Italy seems to have conquered it. The asian countries that had Sars seem to be handling the situation well.

We still have lives to lead . We have music , we have humour , we should use those as well

More humour but bitingly accurate Australia’s 1.2 Million Epidemiologists Take To Social Media To Provide Valuable Expert Advice  The Shovel

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Feb 2009

i was talking, and i cant stress this enough, of animals.. not humans

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

So you don't give a shit about the human race?? In that case let it rip

Melbourne Zoo has opened up their cameras so we can view some animals live. But so far all I have seen is empty spaces. The animals are hiding.

Animal House

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

Just another note , I know this is a the case here. While our confirmed case have shot up , our deaths haven't. The reason for this is simply that that more people are being tested.

Comment

• thebanned1
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • May 2009

do worry folks, i'm fine

How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• DIDI
                                Aussie Pest
                                • Nov 2004

I was just going to ask if you really got a test then I read the rest

Comment

Working...