X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Hernan CattaneoYalta NYE 2013

No, sorry just Hernan . You know Rich?? Bloody good Dj !!
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Knightsfan87
      Gold Gabber
      • Apr 2010

5 hours in & damn this is good. Takes you on a proper journey, up & down, up & down..

One of my all time favourite tracks too - Rockets & Ponies - Chinese Massage

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

That is my absolute favourite track of all time !!

I went to see Timo Mass for it and he didn't play it. I bought a cd of his and he only played an 8 min version

Hernan always not only played the full version . He had one slightly longer just for more fun
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• Knightsfan87
          Gold Gabber
          • Apr 2010

Comparing this one to his recent sets, do we think Hernan's "style or sound" has changed, or the way tracks are produced have changed in the past 7 years? Feel this is a much more chuggy, darker set compared to how he plays now - Certainly not a complaint against either era, just what I think listening.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Knightsfan87
            Comparing this one to his recent sets, do we think Hernan's "style or sound" has changed, or the way tracks are produced have changed in the past 7 years? Feel this is a much more chuggy, darker set compared to how he plays now - Certainly not a complaint against either era, just what I think listening.
            Agree with you about on how his sound has changed.. and for me (and by far since i know Hernan, i mean, a lot of years ) 2018-19 and 20 are the kind of Hernan version i enjoy the most. Dunno, i find it more mature, melodic, balanced and sets are like a real journey... Kinda like everything he plays and the way he plays it just makes sense to me.

His sounds changed and definetely our personal tastes (at least mine)
            have changed as well.. Not only Hernan, i think the past few years are the best ones for music in general.

As long as we stay out from those dark years of minimal we're ok

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

I don't think he has changed so much as evolved. He still retains all the original elements of his music that I fell in love with in a little club here in Melbourne 2004. but it has become far more complex to the point where how we are feeling at any given time when we listen the music will sound different. It is almost as though his music responds to us. It involves us. I can't just listen to a set once because I know the next time I listen there will be something more to find.

The journey thing has always been a feature of his sets and CDs I nearly didn't go to see him that first time. I had worked out that the music I really like was progressive and they billed him as progressive. So I went into a record shop and listened to the first part of the CD and thought it was a bit slow. I didn't really know about journeys in music then , I had a wonderful lesson in that first night and many, many more since then. !!

I have been listening to even more lately. My ear got better, I can hear properly again I'm catching up on all I missed over the last few months.

Minimal and electro

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Just rereading and this turned into a really nice thread with some great insights.

Both Links still alive of course for those who don't have it yet.

Comment

Working...