John Digweed - Bunker Session #16 (27-06-20)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • progpaul
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jul 2006

Re: John Digweed - Bunker Session #16 (27-06-20)

Track 19 - Richie Blacker - Summer of Rave 89.

You're welcome.

Comment

• lord lucan
      Gold Gabber
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by simonr
      Bet you're a lover of Trance Wax then lol
      If you're referring to Ejeca's nonsense then yeh. There's about 100 tracks from the day that sound exactly the same. And yeh its dreadful. Drum rolls an all. He's just stolen songs and rearranged them.

Comment

• lord lucan
        Gold Gabber
        • Jan 2006

out of sorts remix

@Dermo Official

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ENNISELLIS
          Hopefully swiftly followed by Juno. Refuse to give Beatport any money. Robbing b'stards.
          I am so with you on this !!
          I always buy aiff , Firstly about a third of the tracks I was buying weren't aiff !! Secondly with Albums they wanted charge me aiff fees on every track. !!

Juno and bandcamp for me. !!
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Knightsfan87
            Gold Gabber
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by moodmosaic
            I guess it's better than nothing. I keep saying though that Mixcloud's biggest issue is audio quality. They re-encode and cut anything above 16kHz, even on the paid plans.

It's crazy that the free Facebook high-res stream sounds better...
            Said it multiple times now, but I can't stand Mixcloud. Though the interface has greatly improved, the sound quality is fucking shit house. I asked Anthony Pappa to upload one of his mixes to Soundcloud once, he felt the Mixcloud version was top quality.. it's horrendous.

It's a real shame some of the artists are exclusively starting to upload to Mixcloud, Guy J for instance. I'd have no issue paying for the service, if they fixed the sound.

Comment

• Knightsfan87
              Gold Gabber
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by sbando
              No Bunker 17 this sat.
              Shame it won't be on this week... no excuses for not going on my morning bike ride however.

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
                Addiction started
                • May 2008

Originally posted by DIDI
                I am so with you on this !!
                I always buy aiff , Firstly about a third of the tracks I was buying weren't aiff !! Secondly with Albums they wanted charge me aiff fees on every track. !!

Juno and bandcamp for me. !!
                Oh exactly this, except I download in FLAC. They charge an extra £1 for every single track. Whilst Juno charge a bit more per track for the better sound quality, they still cap albums at around £12.99 to £14.99 which is perfectly acceptable. Beatport don't give a shit. The Digweed Live In albums - if you want the whole album in digital, including the unmixed tracks, work out at around £50 - £75 a pop. It's utterly outrageous when they have zero pressing, booklet and mailing costs involved. Would happily see them go out of business. There are far better digital stores out there who would fill the vacuum.

So f*** them and their "exclusives". I'll wait the extra few weeks and buy anything I want from Juno or Bandcamp. Juno's customer service is way better than Beatport's too. When I used to buy from them and had issues they really couldn't have cared less. Juno sort stuff out straight away. And they still send stuff next day delivery if you buy vinyl from them. All round better service and care across the company.

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
                  Addiction started
                  • May 2008

Personally glad of the week break for the Bunkers. Much as I love them, got a busy day today so don't have to worry about getting everything done so I can have the evening free for listening live!

Comment

• simonr
                    Transitionator
                    • Jun 2004

Boomkat is usually the best value of all the digital sites - £1.10 per WAV incl. VAT and full releases are discounted.

Bandcamp prices can be excellent (latest bedrock is £2 for all 3 x tracks) or really high (some labels charge £2 a track). They really need to improve their site as it's ridiculous you can't have a basket / hold bin and select which track you checkout from there given you can't pay in one go if you've picked from different labels. They also need to improve the navigation - Beatport is easy to hunt for music on, even if you end up buying elsewhere.
                    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
                      Addiction started
                      • May 2008

Thanks Simon - will check out Boomkat. And you're right about Bandcamp - definite room for improvement, and whilst buying Bedrock stuff there definitely works out cheaper, LNOE (for example) works out more expensive once they add VAT on. So still buy their stuff via Juno rather than Bandcamp.

Found so much good stuff on Bandcamp that isn't on the regular download sites, so still fills a purpose. Unearthing those gems is sometimes a problem though!

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

Plus side of BC = Just bought an exclusive from Joy Orbison supporting their local food bank.

GR Etiquette (09 mix) | TOSS PORTAL

The negative is I just had to dump and re-add some tracks I may buy, but am undecided on .. BC won't let me select which track I can checkout even though all have to be paid separately.
                        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                          meat and potatoes
                          • Jun 2004

Last edited by Dhar_2; November 12, 2020, 04:47:03 PM.

Comment

Working...