Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you over

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Nov 2013

Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you over

Go out and get a normal job like everyone else does when their industry goes though a lean phaze. And stop fuck whinging on Facebook. Clubs will return, there will be future opportunities for new promotors and new artists.If you can't weather the stom, start stacking shelves and come back later, you're not guaranteed a job for life. And stop predending that you give 2 shits about your staff, because you don't.

Facebook Post:

Next time there’s a lockdown, nobody is allowed to watch Netflix, Amazon Prime or any other platform.
    You must NOT listen to music or read a book.
    Free online concerts from the biggest stars in the world? Nope, they’re out too.
    Learn an instrument? Banned
    Dance Classes? No
    Spotify? No
    Entertainment at any event? Nope
    Gaming? Unless it is in silence...no
    How about listen to an audiobook? Not a chance!
    The UK Government have ordained the Arts as unskilled and, therefore, of no value.
    Now imagine life without us
    #SupportTheArts #savethearts

Last edited by ♫♫♫♫♫♫; December 9, 2020, 08:16:45 AM.
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

Personally I support the arts. They have a job and an incredibly important one !!! And it should be treated like a job. Every one gets to whinge when they lose their job !
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Nov 2013

Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

Yes, but greedy promoters asking for government hand outs is something else.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Nov 2013

No one has the right to have a career or live their life as a DJ, Promotor, Ballet Dancer, Clown, Puppet Master.........

Comment

• thebanned1
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • May 2009

So, not for arguments sake btw, how do you feel about your mate Danny not having any income for what is now touching a year and it's looking like it's going to be a lot longer before clubbing is a safe option for everyone ?

Fact, the DWP categorize a DJ as a viable job yet the tory government has bailed out just about everyone else apart from the entertainment industry which is viable considering what I've just said. The entertainment industry contributes something like 66 billion pounds each year but this scum of a government hasn't put a penny their way in return ( with a few excursions ).
          How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by thebanned1
            So, not for arguments sake btw, how do you feel about your mate Danny not having any income for what is now touching a year and it's looking like it's going to be a lot longer before clubbing is a safe option for everyone ?

Fact, the DWP categorize a DJ as a viable job yet the tory government has bailed out just about everyone else apart from the entertainment industry which is viable considering what I've just said. The entertainment industry contributes something like 66 billion pounds each year but this scum of a government hasn't put a penny their way in return ( with a few excursions ).
            Yes, if he has no money, he should go out and get a job like everyone else does. Hopefully, he realized that a DJ career could end at any moment and capitalized on his popularity at the time. I will be out of work next year after a career of 25 years, do you think Danny will be saying that the government should pay my salary until the end of time?

These companies that were furloughed will still have to pay the money back in the future. Did you not read the small print? BTW everyone was furloughed, even the entertainment industry, they were just not furloughed till the end of time.

You don't prop up a job just because it is considered viable. Is it OK for me to stack shelves but not Carl Cox? Sasha may have made millions, so, he should not have to do any other job than be a DJ, while other take the first job that they have to, to feed their kids

Comment

• thebanned1
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • May 2009

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
              Yes, if he has no money, he should go out and get a job like everyone else does. Hopefully, he realized that a DJ career could end at any moment and capitalized on his popularity at the time. I will be out of work next year after a career of 25 years, do you think Danny will be saying that the government should pay my salary until the end of time?

These companies that were furloughed will still have to pay the money back in the future. Did you not read the small print? BTW everyone was furloughed, even the entertainment industry, they were just not furloughed till the end of time.
              Some of the entertainment was furloughed yea but not all of it and yea I know it has to be paid back. Many people in the music industry also have jobs too but for the purpose of this discussion I'm using an example of people who are reaching between 45 and 60 years old competing with people of youth for jobs in places like McDonalds and Tesco, it's just not going to happen for them. It's not as if their career path has anything else to offer with regards to things like their CVs. I can hardly see Danny walking into a multi million pound company and asking for a managerial job with his CV can you ?

I never once said that the government should pay these guys for the rest of their days but like most people they have contributed to the tax system in some ways more than the average Joe and yet they've been left out to a degree ( I think the offer was 20% of their income )

My sister was furloughed too, she is the manager of a small local club in my town but the trouble is that furlough is stopping 31st Oct as well as the 31st also being the deadline for Brexit, man those Tesco jobs are going to have a lot of applicants because the way we're heading right now the whole country is poised on whether companies can afford to keep the vast majority of their staff in employment.

BTW just out of curiosity have you ever seen how many people apply for 1 job in McDonalds ?

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Nov 2013

Some of the entertainment was furloughed yea but not all of it and yea I know it has to be paid back. Many people in the music industry also have jobs too but for the purpose of this discussion I'm using an example of people who are reaching between 45 and 60 years old competing with people of youth for jobs in places like McDonalds and Tesco, it's just not going to happen for them. It's not as if their career path has anything else to offer with regards to things like their CVs. I can hardly see Danny walking into a multi million pound company and asking for a managerial job with his CV can you ?

I never once said that the government should pay these guys for the rest of their days but like most people they have contributed to the tax system in some ways more than the average Joe and yet they've been left out to a degree ( I think the offer was 20% of their income )

My sister was furloughed too, she is the manager of a small local club in my town but the trouble is that furlough is stopping 31st Oct as well as the 31st also being the deadline for Brexit, man those Tesco jobs are going to have a lot of applicants because the way we're heading right now the whole country is poised on whether companies can afford to keep the vast majority of their staff in employment.

BTW just out of curiosity have you ever seen how many people apply for 1 job in McDonalds ?
                I am the same age as Danny (45+). Is it OK for me to work minimum wage but not him because he was once a DJ?

OK pay me for the next 10 years, I will be happy. Times have changed, careers have to change, most DJ's will have never worked a 40 hour week in their life. 40 Hour weeks is the real world. Feleling sorry for people that may have earned million's but that option is no longer there for them, sorry, no.
                Last edited by ♫♫♫♫♫♫; October 9, 2020, 08:37:04 AM.

Comment

• thebanned1
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • May 2009

I am the same age as Danny (45+). Is it OK for me to work minimum wage but not him because he was once a DJ?

OK pay me for the next 10 years, I will be happy. Times have changed, careers have to change, most DJ's will have never worked a 40 hour week in their life. 40 Hour weeks is the real world. Felling sorry for people that may have earned million's but that option is no longer there for them, sorry, no.
                  the difference is you have something viable on your CV, they don't

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Nov 2013

the difference is you have something viable on your CV, they don't
                    No, my industry is fucked too.

Comment

• thebanned1
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • May 2009

No, my industry is fucked too.
                      I'm sorry to hear that Chris but I reckon with 25 years in the same job you'll walk straight into another one should one arise that you're interested in.

You've obviously never claimed universal credit have you ? They ask all sort of questions about experience and what you want to work as etc etc, it's not as easy to claim that shit now, my point is that once you've been in the same job for god knows how long it's hard to see doing anything different.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Nov 2013

No, I will be in the same position as the 5,000 other people in my area, no one will be walking into anything, however I do not feel it appropriate to give hand outs to people that have had the opportunities to earn millions.

Comment

• thebanned1
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • May 2009

You obviously have something to pay the bills with then which is a good thing but I think your a bit disillusioned by how much money is in the music business. It's not mega money for a lot of DJs/artists, certainly not potentially millions ( although for some it is ), many of these guys have worked for years just to make enough to pay basic bills such as rent/mortgages, put food on the table and other things like bring up kids etc etc. A sudden loss of that income has left a lot of them completely fucked, the potential to loose their homes etc so I don't blame them for asking for help and imo nor should you.

Each case is different that's for sure though.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Nov 2013

You obviously have something to pay the bills with then which is a good thing but I think your a bit disillusioned by how much money is in the music business. It's not mega money for a lot of DJs/artists, certainly not potentially millions ( although for some it is ), many of these guys have worked for years just to make enough to pay basic bills such as rent/mortgages, put food on the table and other things like bring up kids etc etc. A sudden loss of that income has left a lot of them completely fucked, the potential to loose their homes etc so I don't blame them for asking for help and imo nor should you.

Each case is different that's for sure though.
                            They should not be treated differently to anyone else. I don't believe any DJ is on minimum wage, but they are the ones moaning the most, or promotors like Dave Beer or Yousef. Should a coal miner still be paid when the mine has run dry, or should they look for a different trade?

Comment

• thebanned1
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • May 2009

They should not be treated differently to anyone else. I don't believe any DJ is on minimum wage, but they are the ones moaning the most, or promotors like Dave Beer or Yousef. Should a coal miner still be paid when the mine has run dry, or should they look for a different trade?
                              you have a point to a degree but are you saying the coal miners sat down and watched the industry go to pieces right before their eyes ? we're not talking about something that destroys the planet here, miners was a bad example. These people are, like the miners, fighting for their jobs, their industry.

I can totally see it from your POV as well, I mean some of these guys are making good wedge sometimes and probably for those that aren't wise are spending recklessly which has lead to you shouting on an internet abyss/forum but the reality is that a lot of the people who are quite vocal about this are not exactly the highest paid artists in the game.

Comment

Working...