Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you over

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

Tickes sales - that ridiculous fee for effectively generating a bar code and a number, with the data you inputting feeding into a set template with export for Pdf functionality.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• thebanned1
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • May 2009

Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

Originally posted by simonr
      What strikes me is people in the arts come across as privileged and not wanting to do the de-meaning jobs that their followers do. A pure sense of entitlement .. whether that be from having grown up in a well to do family and never having to work hard, or moving away from being working class and now looking down on their roots as unseemly.
      Sorry Simon but that is utter bullshit!

Are you saying that people in the arts do not work and train up to a point where they can make money from it ? Are you saying that if I wanted to play stairway to heaven all I needed was a guitar and straight away I could play it ?

Jobs (yes jobs) in the arts take a lot of time and patience to get to a level where it is actually a viable source of income, just like any other job and although some DJs/producers are making a healthy wedge from it doesn't mean they should be excluded in all this shit. Most people in the arts don't make a great deal of money but people always highlight the 5 grand a set people to make an example of them, most of the shouting about this from what I've seen are not the 5 grand a set people, truth is many people are making less than a grand a set, have mortgages, children to feed and a family to take care of yet they've obviously been given a wide berth by the chancellor because "some" people do make a healthy wedge from it.
      How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Have to say the people I have known in the industry over the years would work any crap job so they could do the work they love. And I worked for years in the entertainment industry in photography.

Aside from anything else. On purely practical grounds the entertainment industry generates billions in the economy. As Dom says they are jobs !

There be some whiny little bitches in this thread
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• thebanned1
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • May 2009

Originally posted by DIDI
          Have to say the people I have known in the industry over the years would work any crap job so they could do the work they love. And I worked for years in the entertainment industry in photography.

Aside from anything else. On purely practical grounds the entertainment industry generates billions in the economy. As Dom says they are jobs !

There be some whiny little bitches in this thread
          of course they're jobs

I might be misunderstood here when I say that the people who are arguing against that have never made a tune or have experience of being a DJ, that shit takes work and just because a very select few people stand out from the crowd and actually "make it" doesn't mean those that are not quite making the same money as those people should be overlooked in all of this.

Also... the two who are arguing against are probably the most two privileged people on the board itself.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by thebanned1
            Sorry Simon but that is utter bullshit!

Are you saying that people in the arts do not work and train up to a point where they can make money from it ? Are you saying that if I wanted to play stairway to heaven all I needed was a guitar and straight away I could play it ?

Jobs (yes jobs) in the arts take a lot of time and patience to get to a level where it is actually a viable source of income, just like any other job and although some DJs/producers are making a healthy wedge from it doesn't mean they should be excluded in all this shit. Most people in the arts don't make a great deal of money but people always highlight the 5 grand a set people to make an example of them, most of the shouting about this from what I've seen are not the 5 grand a set people, truth is many people are making less than a grand a set, have mortgages, children to feed and a family to take care of yet they've obviously been given a wide berth by the chancellor because "some" people do make a healthy wedge from it.
            The shouting is coming from people like Fatboy Slim, Goldie, Sasha, Dave Seaman, Hannah Wants, Sven Vath, do I need to go on? We have airline pilots taking up delivery jobs, but DJ's are too good for that.

Many jobs take years to train for, students have loans to pay for in most industries. Musicians tend to say they do it for the love, but now moan because they can't make enough money out of it. They do not give a fuck about the Bar Staff, Sweepers, Door Men or anyone else in clubland, but they go further than that, they claim that it is a way of life that is being distroyed. Nope, clubs will open again. Do you really think that the guy searching people on the door at Fabric gets excited because Joris is playing tonight? No, he does not. The reality is that he is probably doing the door as a second job, because he needs additional income.

Comment

• thebanned1
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • May 2009

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
              The shouting is coming from people like Fatboy Slim, Goldie, Sasha, Dave Seaman, Hannah Wants, Sven Vath, do I need to go on? We have airline pilots taking up delivery jobs, but DJ's are too good for that.
              And you don't think that they're trying to help the other people in the scene, so far all I've seen from Sasha was him posting a petition link.

Many jobs take years to train for, students have loans to pay for in most industries. Musicians tend to say they do it for the love, but now moan because they can't make enough money out of it. They do not give a fuck about the Bar Staff, Sweepers, Door Men or anyone else in clubland, but they go further than that, they claim that it is a way of life that is being distroyed. Nope, clubs will open again. Do you really think that the guy searching people on the door at Fabric gets excited because Joris is playing tonight? No, he does not. The reality is that he is doing the door as a second job, because he needs additional income.
              As already stated some people also have jobs to fill the money gap because they're working in the arts and don't talk to me about student loans, I studied Audio technology for 4 years, if I was working in the business do you not think I should be entitled to something to help me, in fact don't answer that we already know the answer. The airline pilot also got furloughed.

Most people do it for the love yes but that doesn't mean to say that now that they've reached a level where they're making money from it that the government should overlook them, they pay their taxes just like anyone else, what you've done here is point out the ones that are privileged (Hanna wants and her 5 grand a set) and labelled all the rest in the same light, I suspect the government did the same. The doorman had to train up to gain a certificate that shows he's capable to be a doorman, your argument is irrelevant here. Just because a DJ or someone works in the arts loves their job should they be excluded when everyone else got 80% of their wages paid up till the 31st OCT.

Clubs won't open for another year at least I'd say which means that everyone in it, all those jobs, are fucked.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Nov 2013

As already stated some people also have jobs to fill the money gap because they're working in the arts and don't talk to me about student loAs already stated some people also have jobs to fill the money gap because they're working in the arts and don't talk to me about student loans, I studied Audio technology for 4 years, if I was working in the business do you not think I should be entitled to something to help me, in fact don't answer that we already know the answer. The airline pilot also got furloughed.

Most people do it for the love yes but that doesn't mean to say that now that they've reached a level where they're making money from it that the government should overlook them, they pay their taxes just like anyone else, what you've done here is point out the ones that are privileged (Hanna wants and her 5 grand a set) and labelled all the rest in the same light, I suspect the government did the same. The doorman had to train up to gain a certificate that shows he's capable to be a doorman, your argument is irrelevant here. Just because a DJ or someone works in the arts loves their job should they be excluded when everyone else got 80% of their wages paid up till the 31st OCT.
                No, I do not think that you should be entitled to something no one else is. Just because you studied in something you don't have the right to get paid for it indefinitely.

Just because you have reached a level where you have just started to make money out of something also doesn't give you the right to be propped up by the taxpayer. There are hundreds of kids that have a promising career in football, only to get injured and have to retrain. Gordon Ramsay is a good example of that. Maybe you think that we should have paid Gordon a football player salary instead of having Gordon go out and start another career. Whether they love it or not is irrelevant.

Comment

• thebanned1
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • May 2009

No, I do not think that you should be entittled to something no one else is. Just because you studied in something you don't have the right to get paid for it indefinitely.

Just because you have reached a level where you have just started to make money out of something also doesn't give you the right to be proped up by the tax payer. There are hundreds of kids that have a promising career in football, only to get injured and have to retrain. Gordon Ramsay is a good example of that. Maybe you think that we should have paid Gordon a football player salary instead of having Gordon go out and start another career.
                  No one is asking to get paid indefinitely, see this is where you're wrong, the people shouting about it are only asking to get what the rest of the people got and that is furloughed or maybe something from this new thing that is coming NOV 1st, you know to pay the mortgage etc...so are you saying that those that were furloughed should just fuck off and go retrain to a new job ? Newsflash Chris no-one can work just now because there is a deadly virus floating around, did you forget that ?

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Nov 2013

No one is asking to get paid indefinitely, see this is where you're wrong, the people shouting about it are only asking to get what the rest of the people got and that is furloughed or maybe something from this new thing that is coming NOV 1st, you know to pay the mortgage etc...so are you saying that those that were furloughed should just fuck off and go retrain to a new job ? Newsflash Chris no-one can work just now because there is a deadly virus floating around, did you forget that ?
                    The furlough is over, people have had enough time to to sort their shit out. Who is asking to get get paid past 1st Nov? News Flash, there are people having to work and go looking for work during the deadly virus. So yes I am saying that people that have been paid should go out and retrain if the the other option is paying them to sit at home.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Nov 2013

This is the bullshit we have to deal with.

All ofthe people featured, are fully capable of going out and carrying other employment. Are they really too good for it?

#IWasA... #You'reNotAnymore

Comment

• thebanned1
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • May 2009

The furlough is over, people have had enough time to to sort their shit out. Who is asking to get get paid past 1st Nov? News Flash, there are people having to work and go looking for work during the deadly virus. So yes I am saying that people that have been paid should go out and retrain if the the other option is paying them to sit at home.
                        There is support for people starting NOV 1st, you know the people who's industry has been told to shut due to unsafe working conditions.

The furlough may be over but who got nothing ? I don't even see you having a valid argument here. Honestly. These people were left to fend for themselves since where ? March ?

Comment

• thebanned1
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • May 2009

This is the bullshit we have to deal with.

All ofthe people featured, are fully capable of going out and carrying other employment. Are they really too good for it?

#IWasA... #You'reNotAnymore
                          How many people work in the art and entertainment industry Chris ? That is a big hit for the employment statistics for a government to take and how do you retrain when you've been forced to pay for your responsibilities since march on your own ? especially due to the fact that you're paying to retrain on your own. Point is they've got no fucking money to retrain in the first place.

#iwasasupersardjnowI'mina4yearcollegecourse yea right

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Nov 2013

There is support for people starting NOV 1st, you know the people who's industry has been told to shut due to unsafe working conditions.

The furlough may be over but who got nothing ? I don't even see you having a valid argument here. Honestly. These people were left to fend for themselves since where ? March ?
                            Really? So the nightclub workers haven't been furloughed since March.

Comment

• thebanned1
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • May 2009

Really? So the nightclub workers haven't been furloughed since March.
                              who's talking about nightclub workers ? you keep bringing up DJs and people like that, of course people who work in a nightclub environment were furloughed, my sister being one of them. It's unsafe for them to work.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Nov 2013

How many people work in the art and entertainment industry Chris ? That is a big hit for the employment statistics for a government to take and how do you retrain when you've been forced to pay for your responsibilities since march on your own ? especially due to the fact that you're paying to retrain on your own. Point is they've got no fucking money to retrain in the first place.

#iwasasupersardjnowI'mina4yearcollegecourse yea right
                                If they have no money to retrain, they take the first job that they are caperble of doing and start climbing, like everyone else does. They do not have the right to work in the entertainment industry if there is no money to be made.

Comment

Working...