John Digweed - Bunker Session #27 (07-11-20)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckc
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: John Digweed - Bunker Session #27 (07-11-20)

Originally posted by gsturm
    big thanks and love for making these available to us. big mental health boost during pandemic.
    For sure, huge thanks to dhar n mood!!!!
    these bunkers were the one thing that I could count on for an uplift each week,
    sux it’s being taken away

Comment

• ddr
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chuckc
      i dont think it will be taken away entirely, we just wont be getting the super nice flac and 320 mp3's anymore... unless mood shares his ways with some of us tech savvy people?
      "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• MusicJatt
        Platinum Poster
        • Aug 2004

Thank you guys again for that huge boost !

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
          Addiction started
          • May 2008

Obviously it's up to Mood what he does, but IMO there is no harm in still grabbing these, if only to keep for himself. In a year's time when things have blown over maybe it would be okay to share then. But I think it's silly to draw attention to this if they are clamping down on file sharing. Why advertise the fact?

And they aren't being taken away completely - you just can't keep them. You need to make sure you listen live when it's free to air instead. Which is easier said than done. Sometimes I have other things to do or am simply not in the mood. And there are always buffering issues on Mixcloud so it's not always a great, or complete, experience.

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ENNISELLIS
            You need to make sure you listen live when it's free to air instead. Which is easier said than done. Sometimes I have other things to do or am simply not in the mood. And there are always buffering issues on Mixcloud so it's not always a great, or complete, experience.
            or pay up for mixcloud select which isnt horrible but still isnt a 320 mp3 that i can play anywhere.
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• sbando
              Going back to Romford
              • Apr 2008

It's a pivotal moment in MS' history, things have changed for good.
              ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
              ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
              ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
              ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• matttymm
                Fresh Peossy
                • Jun 2005

Mixcloud select is only 64k if you download the file to play anywhere. I don’t know whether the stream is higher quality.

it’s exactly that reason why the community wants their own high quality version.

I’ve subscribed out of respect for the cause not because I will ever you the app

Listening to the show is either inconvenient or poor quality due to buffering

Comment

• Knightsfan87
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Apr 2010

Real disappointing it's come to this, but I suppose not a surprise.

Comment

• chuckc
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

^^especially after all the support MS has given Digweed over the years...

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

I doubt Digweed himself is personally doing this because he knows MS is sharing the sets.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

Hi everyone

My understanding is this was part of a batch of music taken down - the main aim was to prevent piracy especially with Bedrock releases, because the label supports artists especially during this difficult time. Artists get a % of sales and the illegal file sharing really impacts that revenue stream to the producers making the music, and labels that support graphic designers, engineers mastering tracks etc.

Mixcloud is the official way to get and support the Bunkers - that starts the conversation regarding paying for streams and starts to try and get revenue going to artists and labels. Plus you can hear this for free as a live broadcast on a Saturday night in the first place.

I appreciate people collect and want physical copies on drives but please do what you can do support the makers of the music. If other platforms start to follow suite then more and more goes to the creators of the music we all love to hear.

If you are ripping and sharing the sets can I suggest a few things - keep the quality to 320 (not even sure you can create a higher quality file based on the original stream as the additional elements won't have been in the source) and can you only have the files up temporarily. The last thing needed is someone saying they have HQ bunkers and then selling pirate box sets across the internet with the finger pointed at [ms]

Also if you like the music - buy some of the tracks to compensate on the likes of Bandcamp so the artists and labels get some revenue. I know a lot are struggling right now, and even those that have decided to re-train are struggling given the employment challenge globally with limited work out there.

John, I know appreciates the support and sense of community. If you read the words and sentiment here then this better explains his views far better than I can try to convey:

https://909originals.com/2020/11/12/music-has-been-one-of-the-greatest-escapes-from-the-lockdown-period-909originals-catches-up-with-john-digweed/

So if you do put up any more Bunker in the spirit of 'live and let live' then please do this short term, discretely ... and please, please, please support the makers of the music somehow via bandcamp etc. where you can - appreciating these are trying and testing times for everyone financially.
                        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
                          Addiction started
                          • May 2008

Thanks Simon. For what it's worth I ALWAYS track down the tracks I like and buy them through Bandcamp or Juno. I do what I can to support the artists themselves - from my point of view my downloading these mixes doesn't change that. It's not a replacement for the individual, unmixed tracks, but I appreciate not everyone does this so can understand why things are being tightened up in the current climate.

On a side note, I saw someone selling packs of old EMs on a website a few weeks back. Makes my blood boil - especially if any of my rips have ended up in there. They were shared as not for profit - the way that it should be.

Comment

• sbando
                            Going back to Romford
                            • Apr 2008

^^especially after all the support MS has given Digweed over the years...
                            Exactly.

People who have paid money to share his music (the MS Archive) are considered as pirates now.
                            ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                            ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                            ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                            ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• simonr
                              Transitionator
                              • Jun 2004

Just for clarity my piracy reference was the official releases Sbando i.e. the 100s of illegal downloads that go up for each official release on the first day of sale across the internet. Those illegal downloads take away the revenue going to producers of the music we like.
                              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                                meat and potatoes
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                                Just for clarity my piracy reference was the official releases Sbando i.e. the 100s of illegal downloads that go up for each official release on the first day of sale across the internet. Those illegal downloads take away the revenue going to producers of the music we like.
                                yes, which was my point about the differnce from a live broadcast and a bought album.

No one wants to detract from this revenue of the artist.
                                But if we record a live broadcast and post it???
                                The radio station/webcast should pay the royalties based on the number of assumed listeners.
                                Once it is free, you have no control over it. It is not a physical thing like a CD.

The leeches that then sell radio/web sets for cash on ebay are the fuckers they should go after as they are monetizing it.
                                we share for the community!

Comment

Working...