X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Denied51
    Platinum Poster
    • Dec 2016

Sasha - LNOE 069 April 2021

Well another mixcloud only exclusives here, bye bye full LNOE podcasts with download option
    This months Last Night On Earth podcast is a live mix recorded from a little show Sasha
    did at Nagai
    Ibiza last month. There's a lot of breaks and ambient sounds in here which was perfect for Sasha
    to play to a more intimate crowd. Starting from this month, Mixcloud
    Select will be the first and only place to hear the the full length Last Night On Earth podcast. The free podcasts will still be available on our SoundCloud
    & other channels, but this will just be the first hour of every episode.

Subscribers can also take advantage of other Mixcloud
    Select features, like offline listening, uninterrupted playback and mixes without voiceover. We will also be posting some extra special sets here from time to time.

Thank you to the select group of people who have supported us immensely on Patreon
    but as communicated directly, Mixcloud
    will now be our focused subscriber platform.

Stream the full version now on Mixcloud
    Select https://found.ee/LNOEPodcast-069

The shorter version will be available on all channels from Saturday.
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Nov 2013

Re: Sasha - LNOE 069 April 2021

168023600_410350693278775_91566167474767799_n.jpg

Comment

• sbando
      Going back to Romford
      • Apr 2008

Too bad.
      ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
      ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
      ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
      ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• marcj937
        Addiction started
        • Jul 2008

Comment

• salami
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2008

Why would i pay to listen to a super low bitrate mix, they would better go back to making quality comps like once a year or so,

i never really understood this, C-May said it right few years back, mp3's and low bitrate mixes are an offence to human intelligence.

Does mixcloud select offer better quality ?

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by salami
            Why would i pay to listen to a super low bitrate mix, they would better go back to making quality comps like once a year or so,

i never really understood this, C-May said it right few years back, mp3's and low bitrate mixes are an offence to human intelligence.

Does mixcloud select offer better quality ?
            And most people that do the bitrate test, fail it. The reason they no longer make mix comps once a year, is because, the costs involved, outweigh the profit. No one really gives a fuck what Charlie May says. Most people will listen to this mix once and move on to the next one. 25 years ago people didn't sit in their bedroom, listening to some recording, of a recording, stroking their chin, saying oh! I wish that we had a FLAC of this.

Comment

• dannyboy
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2006

This is last months show fwi.
              MERCURY SERVER IS MY LIFE

Comment

• DjLellone
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Aug 2009

64kbps aac FUCK YOU Mixcloud !!!
                DjLellone's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
                  Addiction started
                  • May 2008

It's indescribably dumb to do this. Not only are the bitrates on Mixcloud shit, but it's a separate subscription for each artist you want to support. Unlike Sasha, we're not multi millionaires and cannot possibly support every artist on an ongoing basis who suddenly decides to paywall their mix output this way.

Maybe Sasha has enough clout to make a tidy sum doing this and I'm completely wrong. I'm sure there are a few Sasha fan boys who will throw their money at him. But enough to sustain his millionaire lifestyle? Gimme a break. All this will do is rub people up the wrong way, and they'll seek out something else to listen to. There are so many free options out there, it's impossible to listen to everything as it is.

I suspect this is his management team stroking his ego and pulling the strings here. Doomed to failure IMO. And utterly tone deaf in the middle of a third lockdown when there are people out of work or have been sat furloughed for most of the last 14 months.

Comment

• Knightsfan87
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Apr 2010

Unfortunately, we are in the minority, because plenty of people listen to recordings on Mixcloud & think the audio quality is just fine.
                    Disappointing he's gone down this route. I'll continue to download full versions if people manage to rip & upload them, though won't bother storing them any longer on my HDD like I have with all the LNOE podcasts to date.

And lets be clear, this is not only a Sasha problem, Digweed was probably the first one to go this way & others will continue to follow.

Comment

• thebanned1
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by ENNISELLIS
                      It's indescribably dumb to do this. Not only are the bitrates on Mixcloud shit, but it's a separate subscription for each artist you want to support. Unlike Sasha, we're not multi millionaires and cannot possibly support every artist on an ongoing basis who suddenly decides to paywall their mix output this way.

Maybe Sasha has enough clout to make a tidy sum doing this and I'm completely wrong. I'm sure there are a few Sasha fan boys who will throw their money at him. But enough to sustain his millionaire lifestyle? Gimme a break. All this will do is rub people up the wrong way, and they'll seek out something else to listen to. There are so many free options out there, it's impossible to listen to everything as it is.

I suspect this is his management team stroking his ego and pulling the strings here. Doomed to failure IMO. And utterly tone deaf in the middle of a third lockdown when there are people out of work or have been sat furloughed for most of the last 14 months.
                      Boy is this going to burn.

You couldn't be further from the truth, for far too long people like us have been getting high quality music before that music even has the chance to hit the shops. There is a dwindling market for music just now and places that pay streaming royalties have basically become the only staple source of income for a lot of musicians, you're talking minuscule amounts per stream but at the end of the day if no one is buying the music because they've "heard it a million times before" (usually from listening to these free recordings), streaming is the only answer if you're not getting live gigs.

Let me show you some stats about how much people make from streaming alone.

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

As you can clearly see, every fraction of a cent counts and with this place you have to make $50 before you can even bother to withdraw.

Now I'm not saying musician should only stick to music but in order to get good enough for the big guys to play your stuff you have to put the hours in which basically means that juggling a job and a musical career is something that is harder than it should be.

No-one who is reading this will like what I said but it's a change that needs to happen for the survival of the music. Far too many extremely talented people have left music simply because they couldn't earn enough to put food on the table.
                      How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• marcj937
                        Addiction started
                        • Jul 2008

Comment

• Knightsfan87
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Apr 2010

I think many people's opinion on Sasha & other artists moving to Mixcloud Select would change if they provided good audio quality.

Comment

• Denied51
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Dec 2016

I for sure wiil pay for transitions and LNOE but not to mixcloud because of
                            - i rarely listen my music online, and mixcloud force you to do that
                            - i cant manage the file and i forced to install shitty mixcloud app
                            - the quality of streaming is too poor
                            and obviously i simply cannot afford multiple subscriptions every month

Patreon system is way better, if you are low on money you can pause but you still can listen to the goodies youve been downloaded when your subscription was on.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                              meat and potatoes
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Knightsfan87
                              I think many people's opinion on Sasha & other artists moving to Mixcloud Select would change if they provided good audio quality.
                              agreed!

if i'm paying, I want 320kbps that I can download and listen to as and when i want. I dont want to be tied to the bloody app!

Comment

Working...