• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Micko
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Wireless in ear buds

Thinking of buying a pair.....

Bose quietcomfort, apple airpod pro, Jabra elite etc..

Would appreciate any thoughts......cheers

Will be collaring a macbook after xmas so probably the airpods the way to go??

Looking for an unobtrusive pair for a fiend with small ears
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Wireless in ear buds

Did somebody say "fiend?"

Are you using the ear buds for working out, running, or just for zoom meetings and casual music listening?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Micko
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

They’re mostly for work/zoom calls

Tried the Zabra Elite 75. Pretty much fell out of my ears the moment I tried them. Would be very disappointed if I had bought them. Neat looking but not the fit or sound quality I was expecting

May check out the AirPods

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

AirPods Pro (dunno about the normal ones) are good for work calls. Their transparency mode is incredibly natural so you don't feel that weird echo of yourself talking or like the world has been muffled. I've read the same feedback from other people. Their ANC is good too but I don't have any comparison there.

I'm waiting for the price to drop on the Sony WF-100XM4 to test it for music, the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. But I think their ANC and fit still isn't the best or the earphones are too large/heavy. AirPods Pro still wins for calls.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Micko
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

Thanks for that feather - I am leaning towards the Airpods Pro for the very reason you mentioned - looking for something that will sound realistic on work related calls. I was using Bose AE2 for a zoom call last night. Sounding muffled is an understatement...

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Micko
            Thanks for that feather - I am leaning towards the Airpods Pro for the very reason you mentioned - looking for something that will sound realistic on work related calls. I was using Bose AE2 for a zoom call last night. Sounding muffled is an understatement...
            if you have an iphone, air pods pro bar none. if anything else, i would recommend the Sennheiser CX Pro for bluetooth. sound quality is still nothing compared to wired IEM's but good enough.
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

I bought the power beats pro and I have tried countless gels to get a good in-ear snug fit so i can enjoy that glorious over-juiced bass but I've had the worst experience with them.

I am waiting for Apple to announce the next gen Airpod Pro before I get one.
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
              Originally posted by ace_dl
              Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Micko
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Oct 2004

I'm going to hold off myself for now - I am probably expecting too much in terms of fit but if I'm spending EUR 250, a perfect fit should not be too much to ask

Comment

• ddr
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

I'm going to hold off myself for now - I am probably expecting too much in terms of fit but if I'm spending EUR 250, a perfect fit should not be too much to ask
                  it can be i have a pair of $700 IEM's and the included tips it came with i did not like, either silicone or foam. especially with universal fit IEM's of any kind, you may or may not have a good fit out of the box... everyone's ears are different.

good thing though about IEM tips, is that they are relatively inexpensive... ~$10-20 for 2 pairs normally. SpinFit is a brand that works for me.

Comment

• Micko
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Oct 2004

Thanks for that...I'll be sure to check out spinfit

Comment

• ddr
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

FoKus Pro by Noble is out.. possibly the best looking TWS out there. early listener reviews are positive

Here at Noble, we craft the finest universal-fit and custom-fit high-quality in-ear monitors for musicians, audio engineers, and audiophiles. Shop today!

Comment

• feather
                        Shanghai ooompa loompa
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ddr
                        FoKus Pro by Noble is out.. possibly the best looking TWS out there. early listener reviews are positive

https://www.nobleaudio.com/wireless/p/fokus-pro
                        That's sick, been waiting for audiophile IEMs to catch up. I'd love to have a custom wireless one.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Micko
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by ddr

https://www.nobleaudio.com/wireless/p/fokus-pro
                          They look seriously impressive....

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

They’re mostly for work/zoom calls

Tried the Zabra Elite 75. Pretty much fell out of my ears the moment I tried them. Would be very disappointed if I had bought them. Neat looking but not the fit or sound quality I was expecting

May check out the AirPods
                            I have small ears and the apple ones are great for me . They sit in the ear well. I I have bought some quite expensive earphones and they are useless for me.
                            Originally posted by TheVrk
                            it IS incredible isn't it??
                            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• ddr
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
                              I have small ears and the apple ones are great for me . They sit in the ear well. I I have bought some quite expensive earphones and they are useless for me.
                              Don't discount them simply because the stock tips don't fit well. SpinFit and Final Audio being the 2 top ones out there make IEM tips of varying sizes and materials that fit almost anything out there. Comply being the best for foam tips but i prefer medical grade silicone myself.

Comment

Working...