Re: What book are you reading now?

Breaking News: 9783462045277: Amazon.com: Books

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

^^

I saw Limit at the library and it looked interesting, but the reviews say it seems to be way too long and too many characters just dumped in. I love long books and @ 960 this looked good, but from the reviews it doesn't seem to be worth it.

Limit: Frank Schatzing, Shaun Whiteside, Jamie Searle, Samuel Willcocks: 9781623650445: Amazon.com: Books

Comment

• diegoff
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

just finished Ray Bradbury´s Farenheit 451. great!
        It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
        Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
        May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• MusicJatt
          Platinum Poster
          • Aug 2004

Slow Horses (Slough House) by Mick Herron

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

About to start on this one: Quantum Enigma: Physics Encounters Consciousness: Bruce Rosenblum, Fred Kuttner: 9780195175592: Amazon.com: Books

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Krystyan
              Platinum Poster
              • Oct 2004

Just started Brooklyn Follies by Auster.

entertaining novel so far.
              Last edited by Krystyan; October 24, 2014, 12:13:32 PM. Reason: typo
              https://www.facebook.com/YEGworld

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
                  I'm merely a humble butler
                  • Dec 2005

Malcolm Gladwell's Favorite Books - Business Insider

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• nick007
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Oct 2007

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• res0nat0r
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • May 2006

Comment

• res0nat0r
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • May 2006

Anyone read this?

I used to read fantasy when I was a kid all of the time and was thinking about reading some again.

Brandon Sanderson is on book #2 of this series and it apparently is going to be a 10 book epic, and I'm pretty
                        sure each book is going to be at ~1000 pages (the first two are already and this guy seems to not publish anything less than 700+). If this is good I can get started now and it would be cool to read something
                        huge over the next 25 years and keep up with it.

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by nick007
                          Any good ???
                          Originally posted by TheVrk
                          it IS incredible isn't it??
                          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
                            Shanghai ooompa loompa
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                            Anyone read this?

I used to read fantasy when I was a kid all of the time and was thinking about reading some again.

Brandon Sanderson is on book #2 of this series and it apparently is going to be a 10 book epic, and I'm pretty
                            sure each book is going to be at ~1000 pages (the first two are already and this guy seems to not publish anything less than 700+). If this is good I can get started now and it would be cool to read something
                            huge over the next 25 years and keep up with it.
                            Not this but I read his Mistborn trilogy. Good entertaining easy reads, interesting magic system. But as with a lot of 'new' writers, he is better with plot and ideas than actual writing. I'm more old school and prefer people who can actually write, and the only 'new' fantasy writer I've come across who can is Patrick Rothfuss (Kingkiller Chronicles), but some people find him slow with the plot.

Perhaps give Sanderson's Mistborn Trilogy a try since it's only three books, I did enjoy it.

If you're after another 10-book series there is also Steven Erikson's Mazalan Book of the Fallen, heavy heavy stuff, I prefer it over George RR Martin, I stopped Game of Thrones after book 1.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by feather
                              Not this but I read his Mistborn trilogy. Good entertaining easy reads, interesting magic system. But as with a lot of 'new' writers, he is better with plot and ideas than actual writing. I'm more old school and prefer people who can actually write, and the only 'new' fantasy writer I've come across who can is Patrick Rothfuss (Kingkiller Chronicles), but some people find him slow with the plot.

Perhaps give Sanderson's Mistborn Trilogy a try since it's only three books, I did enjoy it.

If you're after another 10-book series there is also Steven Erikson's Mazalan Book of the Fallen, heavy heavy stuff, I prefer it over George RR Martin, I stopped Game of Thrones after book 1.

You seem to read a ton more fantasy that I have lately for sure so you know much more than I, I'll check out that Erikson book.

I thought Sanderson got pretty rave reviews for taking over the Wheel of Time series and finally finished it off without all of the dragging on, so I thought he would be pretty good? I honestly have had the first book of WoT since I was in high school and it came out, but never started it... then heard it drug on...then homeboy died...and never bothered to start. Didn't seem worth the investment.

Thats the only thing I'm worried about is what you've said above, every book I've seen Sanderson write is like 500+ pages, so maybe he is more typing on the keyboard than worth the time?

Comment

• nick007
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by DIDI
                                Any good ???
                                I prefer his Harry Bosch novels - I am still in infant stages of the book where it is dealing with Mickey Haller (Lincoln Lawyer) but I do believe that Harry features in this one so then it will be a classic like all the rest.

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

Working...