Mercuryserver 6th birthday (2008)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomTom
    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
    • May 2002

[ms] birthday
    Mercuryserver 6th birthday (2008)

It is almost feeling like one big breath of air because so many things have happened and it went so quickly but let's face the fact - another year has passed and it is birthday time again. Mercuryserver is six years old now and we are still here dealing beats for free and providing a platform for underground artists. And most important, we are still independent and can do whatever we like to do.

A lot of good things happened during the last 12 months. Friends got married, children were born and seeing how members who were 17-18 years old when they started posting on Mercuryserver now are in the middle of their 20ties is a long term experience which is unique and therefore invaluable.

As for progression and change, we have added fresh blood to the Mercuryserver team in the last months to ensure we can keep our offerings alive and even improve them so many thanks to all of you for being a part of this.

MCast is also already over a year old and thanks to word of mouth and our resident DJs, more and more people - also outside of Mercuryserver - are visiting us to listen to or download our shows so many thanks for your support and coming by.

What else happened...we had a Server failure creating "posts made in Future" on our forums which created Havoc in our database and by April 1, most of the top posters on Mercuryserver strangely went back to 0 postings all together. Coincidence?

Before I go ahead with the gifts we have in store for you I wanted to say Thanks to everybody coming here and helping to make [ms] what it is. A very special thanks to Sultan, Taucher, Gustavo and Chloé for giving us exclusive mixes to sweeten our anniversary. Many thanks as well to Mike for making the birthday jingles and Dom for creating the birthday banners.

Onward and upward and Happy 6th birthday, [ms]

Sultan (Canada)

Download Sultan's Mercuryserver 6th anniversary mix here: Click me

I am especially glad that we can provide you with three premieres for our sixth anniversary celebrations. The first debut mix for Mercuryserver comes from Sultan both known and respected for his production and DJ skills from many people world wide and also from a lot of our members on Mercuryserver. Kudos to you Sultan for not hesitating a second and offering to make something special for our members by gracing us with an exclusive mix in superb 320k audio quality. Also thanks to Annie from MakeNoize Solutions for your kind words and making the contact.

Taucher (Germany)

Download Taucher's Mercuryserver 6th anniversary mix here:
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4

The second debut for our sixth birthday is from Taucher and also something I am very happy about because it happens rarely enough that I can feature an artist from my own country. In this case it is even better because he is a DJ and producer I have seen performing dozens of times live from mid nineties till today and he was always thinking and acting outside the box and remained true to himself which is something I have always appreciated. Most of you know him from his radio show “Adult music” so you know what to expect. Fasten your seat belt and start listening to four hours of DJ Taucher's genre borders crossing mixes in excellent 320k sound quality exclusively on Mercuryserver.

Gustavo di Tomaso (Argentina)

Download Gustavo di Tomaso's Mercuryserver 6th anniversary mix here: Click me

Starting in Canada and continuing in Germany, we are now coming to our second last destination of the Mercuryserver sixth anniversary journey: Argentina. Mercuryserver has been influenced from Argentina’s finest underground artists since many years. Gustavo di Tomaso is a DJ and producer who has a history with us starting already in 2004 where his mix impressed most of the jurors on our Mercuryserver mix competition and guaranteed a well deserved second place. The last time I have featured a mix from Gustavo is over a year ago already which is too long anyway so don’t hesitate but download Gustavo’s seamlessly mixed birthday set for Mercuryserver and listen to lush progressive house beats in 320k crystal clear mp3 format.

Chloé (USA)

Download Chloé's Mercuryserver 6th anniversary mix here: Click me

The final stop on our birthday tour leads us to the United States of America. I said something about Gustavo's history with Mercuryserver but Chloé is with us even a few years longer. As far as I can remember this is the first time we host an exclusive mix from her so it is our exceptional pleasure. Thanks to day_for_night for making the contact and many thanks to Chloé for giving us a recording from her April gig in Tokyo exclusively for our sixth birthday.
    Last edited by TomTom; August 16, 2009, 05:44:14 AM.
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

Re: Mercuryserver's 6th birthday

happy b-day ms! hats off to everyone who makes this stuff possible

Comment

• shosh
      Banned
      • Jun 2004

woooohooooo motherfuckers!!!! happy birthday!!!

i havent seen taucher since the 90s.... yeah bitches... congrats MS .

let the celebrations befuckingin...im starting

Comment

• asdf_admin
        i use to be important
        • Jun 2004

Happy Birthday [ms].

Thank you all to support and help this community be wonderful. We have some awesome sets for you guys.

To enjoy some festive banners, you may need to clear your cache.
        dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Oct 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY .. Thanks MS Plus a Chloe Mix YAY

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Happy Birthday and thanks for introducing me to to so many new artists over the last couple of years . Really look forward to d/loading these. Two here I haven't heard before. Love Gustavo and Chloe
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Miroslav
              WHOA I can change this!1!
              • Apr 2006

Happy Birthday [ms]. I you.
              mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• FM
                Wooooooo!
                • Jun 2004

as always....

onward and upward.
                FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                Facebook!
                A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• fletcher
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jul 2005

Awesome, really looking forward to gettin all of these.

Not heard any taucher for years, got loads of his old late 90s trance records in a crate somewhere
                  http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Troklo
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Happy BD MS thanx for all the good times.
                    If this is what we get now I can only imagine what you guys have in stored for us in the future!!!
                    Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• spyros
                      Gold Gabber
                      • May 2007

Happy B-day {ms}, and Happy 6th Anniversary!!

all the best and hope in future you will get even more exclusive mixes
                      from DJs we know and love!!!

Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks

"Winston Churchill"

Comment

• clintlove
                        Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                        • Jun 2004

happy birthday [ms]

Thanks to all who keep it alive, your hardwork is greatly appreciated.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• chanty
                          John, John, where art thou!
                          • Jun 2004

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MS!!!! I'm very honoured and happy to be part of such a great online community!!
                          Thanks for the b-day mixes...looking forward to listening!
                          Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• Nigel Harkness
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

Happy Birfday [MS], It has been a great 6 years and I am looking forward to more. This site has come a long way since it first started back in the day.

Comment

• Lorn
                              Looking for a title!
                              • Sep 2004

Happy Birthday [MS]. I think its us who should be handing out the presents to you! Not the other way around.

Comment

Working...