X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lorn
    Looking for a title!
    • Sep 2004

Re: It's your friends that make your world

May the Lord hold you in his arms, protect you and give you peace.

Comment

• fabric8
      200mph Club
      • Jul 2006

Eternal Peace to you Brother

Comment

• chanty
        John, John, where art thou!
        • Jun 2004

OMG...I'm in such shock right now. I can't believe it. My tears are spilling over. I only met him once, but he made a really great impression on me. He gave me one the most impressive and warm bear hugs when we met. Such a good..goood heart. Rip Steve! We will miss you very much. My condolences to his family and Pensacola crew.
        Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• lilsensa
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

I can't even finish my breakfast...... Steve and I talked on AIM almost every night that he and I were on... We talked about everything, shared music, sets, talked about life and how much it sucked. We both were very depressed but we always seemed to talk each other out of it even if just for a little bit. We knew what we liked, and it was the music. He knew what tracks to send me, and I knew what tracks to send him. We knew our tastes like no other.
          I knew he was having a hard time, but to hear of this just shocks me...
          RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• DancingQueen
            AVB FanClub | President
            • Oct 2005

I know how you feel lisensa....I talked to him every day on MSN and I was even talking to him via text on Saturday....he never even said anything

The last text message I got from him on Saturday he gave me a big giant hug and he thanked me for everything...I didn't even clue in....I miss him so much
            sigpic
            RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
            RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Garrick
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• MJ
                Here since 2002
                • Jun 2004

Jibbed Pickled and Mullered in Miami – That’s my ever lasting memory of Steve.

I was one of the few that were lucky enough to meet Steve. I spent a whole week with him and Pickle at the Miami Music Conference in 2006. Between the three of us we had a fantastic week. I could never thank Steve and Adam enough for that.

I know Steve has had a hard time of it over the past couple of years, starting with his long-term girlfriend and him splitting up. I know from the many conversations we had that this really was difficult for him to come to terms with, so much so that he and I almost fell out over it. At the time I understood what he was going through and so I ignored the bitterness he showed. I know he had a few problems at home too, he was at a stage where drinking was the only way out for him. He was rock bottom.

But then he found himself a new lady and I thought things were looking brighter for him. He was at the last WMC and from conversations I’ve had with people that were there he showed no signs that he was a guy who was thinking about taking his own life. Obviously things have happened that we don’t know about. Things that have just tipped Steve over the edge.

Man, when I heard the news this morning it was like someone had ripped out my stomach. I have only met this guy once, I didn’t realise I could be so emotionally attached to a person who I never see?

Everything else is insignificant today; work is pointless, I can think of anything else but Steve.

As most of us, I’m feeling totally empty at the moment.

Take care Steve, I love ya.

Mikeman
                mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• chanty
                  John, John, where art thou!
                  • Jun 2004

This will be my memory of Steve...at the best party ever, John Digweed at the Vagabond! I'm happy we got to experience that together.
                  Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• megan love
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jan 2005

these are very sad times for all of us indeed. from the first time we ever met steve he was a part of our family. it was almost 3 years ago to the day (november 12, 2005) when steve, garrick, and ken first came to pensacola. they all fit in with our crew so well ... especially steve. we immediately knew that this was a life-long bond that had been formed. he shared our off-kilter humor, our deep love of the music, and had an endearing quirkiness about him. he also had one the biggest, gentlest hearts i've ever known. i was so happy to find out that he was moving here. i thought it would be a positive thing for him and his life, as well as the rest of us who would get to have him around on a regular basis instead of just once or twice a year.

i hope he knows how many people all over the world love him so dearly. we certainly did. i hope he's found peace for his troubled mind and soul. i still feel shocked ... hurt ... broken. and a multitude of other emotions flooding all at the same time. i already miss his amazing comfort hugs.

steve we love you. we miss you. rest in peace my friend.

<3

Comment

• buckman
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

WOW.im getting goosebumps reading all this.Still coming down from waking up.I can't even make sense of this.I never met this guy nor talked to this guy.I feel like he has in a way through some of the sets of his that I have downloaded and listened to over the years since being on Mercury.Sorry I got nothing else
                      " Darkness Imprisioning Me
                      All That I See
                      Absolute Horror
                      I Cannot Live
                      I Cannot Die
                      Trapped In Myself
                      Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

• raver_mania
                        Watch out....I'm trying to sense here
                        • Aug 2004

This is incredibly sad!

I only met Steve once during the Pensacola meet-up but he was such a warm and friendly guy, that I immediately felt a close affinity to him. On top of all that, he was an incredible dj. My mind is still trying to comprehend this, and its utterly heartbreaking to find out things happened the way they did.

You will be missed Steve.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                          DJ Jelly
                          • Jun 2004

I cant even begin to wrap my head around what has transpired over the past 72 hours...

all I keep thinking about is the 16 hours me and Steve spent in a car driving to and from Pensacola. Yes that weekend was amazing, but that time spent together was arguably the best part of the trip.. talking about everything possible life, music, women, clubbing, just random stuff... ive never laughed so hard in my life.. that and listening to some of the best music ever with someone that wasnt only a great friend but an inspiration

love you mate

more later, i cant do this now

Comment

• miketpoto
                            Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by chanty

This will be my memory of Steve...at the best party ever, John Digweed at the Vagabond! I'm happy we got to experience that together.
                            Fuck this sucks.

FUCK.

FUCK.

Comment

• rubyraks
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

Steve/jibs was one of the first people I'd become friends with through MS. We had many conversations through IM and soulseek through the years on any number of subjects, from music to life in general.

Fortunately, when I started going to WMC regularly I would meet up and hang with him or just randomly run into him at just about every party I'd go to...apparently we had very similar tastes in music (not to say that he didn't cover so many parties down there that you'd eventually run into him anyways ). Though he often put on quite a harsh exterior (when not in party-mode) and displayed a warped sense of humor (much appreciated though I admit), Steve was always a great man of heart.

He will be sorely missed. With much love, sadness and tears streaming, Rest in Peace Steve
                              "Work like you don't need the money.
                              Love like you've never been hurt.
                              Dance like nobody's watching.
                              Sing like nobody's listening.
                              Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• day_for_night
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jun 2004

i am sick to my stomach right now. i talked to steve on slsk often, always had so much respect for the guy. witty, wry sense of humour. all-round great person.

as heartbroken as we all are, this is truly a horrible day for his close friends and family. you will be in my thoughts, I can only imagine how this has affected you.

lots of love, Steve.

Comment

Working...