• Show
Clear All
  • hulkhuss
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: It's your friends that make your world

Originally posted by chuckc
    that was skahoud brotha
    oh ok, well i am sure jibs posted the most on there and revived that thread the more then anyone
    http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• coleby761
      Are you Kidding me??
      • May 2008

Originally posted by w0e & cri5is
      i'm so torn and in sorrow right now... but i cant imagine the pain you guys are going through...

i'm a new face here, and tho i have never met him in person... he had made me feel more than welcome when i fucked up. in the little that i knew him, i understood him as a truly great and unique individual... one who's loving understanding, humor, inclusiveness and mix-sets, warmed and radiated far and beyond barriers, as well as penetrated and connected past our personalities and touched the soul. they say death is like the shedding of a hair or like the changing of clothes -- just a steady diggers transition. so have a nice biker run and journey Steve. im sure we will all cross paths in future lives. cheers foreva brotha.

best of wishes and regards to all family and friends.

edit: i just got back from my narcotics anonymous meeting this afternoon, and i pretty much cried when i shared... you can guess some of the things i shared about. i have this urge that i have to come on here and express to everyone here this, cos, there is little if anyone i can talk to about this kind of stuff in my life. friends and family are pretty much indifferent to experiences such as these... but im sure some of us here understand the subtle lonliness of depression, addiction, and such... help us.

i'm grateful for u Jib, thank you and respect.

RIP Steve
      I just wanted to put it out there that I am a recovering drug addict and attend NA meetings regularly. Kamal's post about jib touched me on many levels because that story is similar to mine. i have been clean for a while now and and please if anyone needs to talk or deals with the same issues I'm here to help in any capacity. PM I'm more than willing to give you my cell # and talk. i lost my first true friend that I didn't use with 5 months ago. the man saved my life and was always there for me. just wanted to put that out there.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
        • Mar 2008

thx fellas, hangin in there... so thankful 4 {ms]

fuck drugs they suck hard ;/... please connect, compass and live for each other.

this has me heart wrenched. Godspeed Steve.

Originally posted by Jibgolly
        i grew up in biker bars around slob ass wastoids doing crank and coke. and weed was more or less the oxygen of choice. can't say the bikers i grew up with were violent gun slingers or murderers, but how much does a child know? i like the show, and not because i grew up in a bikers world, but because it's got good writing and a decent plot. some of the actors leave a bit to be desired, but overall i dig the show.

on a side note, i can't believe The Shield is almost gone.
        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• fletcher
          Platinum Poster
          • Jul 2005

This is very sad news.

Just sat and read everybodys posts.

Think i first became aware of Jibs during my university days when abusing Audiogalaxy and Soulseek. MS was the natural progression.

I never met the guy, but his opinionated posts and twisted take on comedy always made me smile, and he was a key piece of the MS puzzle.

My condolences to all you guys who knew him, and I hope you all give him a proper big send off at your thanksgiving party.

The love in this thread is another reason why MS rules.

RIP Jib
          http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

• billyz
            Addiction started
            • Dec 2006

I'm heavy hearted in hearing and reading this thread. Unfortunately I did not know Steve on a personal level, my regret. He has touched lives without even knowing it. I personally have cried the entire time I've spent reading this. He has had an impact on us all and hopefully through time the tears will stop and the good memories will prevail, just as I believe Steve would have wanted it.
            So for Steve I write this that in the hopes if he's reading all the love that we are showing:

May the Dancefloor always be packed, the Soundsystem be pumpin', and may the Music never stop! Rest in Peace.
            Billy Z
            Billy Z
            soundcloud.com/djbillyz
            mixcloud.com/djbillyz
            twitter.com/djbillyz
            twitter.com/bluePRINTSaturo
            instagram.com/djbillyz
            djbillyz.com

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Oct 2005

Hey guys/gals, i am gonna take a break from posting on ms for awhile. I can't stand the thought of coming on here and posting in other threads while i know what has happened as they say time heals all wounds. I promise i will be back though. Take care of each other and Steve RIP mate PS Mods can we please bring back red1 please. Ciao

Comment

• turkish delight
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Apr 2006

this is a very big shock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R.I.P my Brother !!

Comment

• Kiff
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Oct 2006

Oh, damn..... I'm at a loss. Man, I'm gonna miss all the laughs I got from his posts.
                  Go ahead Jibs and shake the pillars of heaven.... RIP
                  “Only those who attempt the absurd...will achieve the impossible. I think...I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check.” - MC Escher

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

Thank you Kamal. Your post really helped with understanding why. The awful thing about the level of depression that he had was that you really don't believe that anyone would be anymore than a little upset. It's incredibly isolating . Being short of money makes it 10 times worse. You want to be independent, you want to be with your friends but you want to pay your own way. It's a really vicious circle
                    So you see, you could not possibly have done anymore than you did, you just couldn't win against the bad things in his life. The pain is over for him now. But we will miss him.

I am so glad I got to share this place with him.
                    Originally posted by TheVrk
                    it IS incredible isn't it??
                    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Lifeless
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jan 2006

I cannot believe it =(
                      Rest in Peace dear friend!

Comment

• chanty
                        John, John, where art thou!
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MJ
                        Grieving like this is extremely hard. The whole family thing we got going here is no substitute for the real thing in times like this, I want to be able to hold someone, talk to someone sat in front of me about Steve. Instead, I get up from my computer and see people who have no idea what I'm going through, people who even if I told them wouldn't be interested. Not a bad thing really, after all, in their eyes, we're just internet buddies.
                        You just totally expressed the way I've been feeling. I've tried to talk to friends about this and they just can't empathize at all. It's a very strange situation.
                        I woke up last night at about 3am and instantly thought of Steve and the dread came back. The question "why, damn it" keeps going through my head.
                        Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• skahound
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • Jun 2004

No words that I type will do any justice to the memories I have of Steve. Whether those memories are from hanging out with him or from this weird e-life, they will never be forgotten.

As a lot of you know, I don't get the chance to check [ms] even 1/100th of what I used to, but I PM'd Steve a couple of weeks ago to ask a question. He replied back and I checked the message. Each day would go by and I would think to myself that I need to respond back to say thanks and catch up some more but life would get in the way. I can't tell you how much it pains me now to think that every day bullshit got in the way of taking 5 minutes to touch base with a friend.

I'll miss you Steve. I know that you're somewhere right now calling me a fag because of these tears, and that's fine. Just know that you're sorely missed down here.
                          A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                            Not cool enough
                            • Jun 2004

Damn. I can't believe I just found this on here. Thanks Kamal for the writing, quite hard to fathom him doing that. I know I have had many times where I felt like that, and I'm just so glad I never went through it.

I always thought that i'd make it to this years WMC and finally hang out with Steve. From the way he wrote his posts...I always thought the two of us would have made good friends. He's about as nutty as I am.

Peace be with you bro. I kinda feel like driving down there to go to the funeral.
                            Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                            My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                            My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• maddlingo
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

This is a big loss to the MS family. RIP Jibgolly
                              "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

• feather
                                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                                • Jul 2004

Fuck I've never been so affected by some interweb thing like this before. WTF. It's weird because the forum board is the only platform we've communicated.

It's like seeing the same face at the same club at every good gig and now that person won't be there, but fuck I wouldn't even be this affected if he was indeed some dude I see around in real life, does this make sense?

I just don't feel like posting anything else on the forum. Fuck I hate this.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...