X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Can I suggest something?

I'd like to change the fact that Steve's pictures are coming up on the forum index. This just continues to make it harder for me. I sat and read the entire thread when he passed away and I'm feeling ..... well pathetic.

Is everyone ok with taking down steve's pictures from the forum index?
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • scifi pi
    Addiction started
    • Oct 2004

Re: Can I suggest something?

I'm okay with it. Its your call.

also, we are planning to do an event in May for his birthday celebration. Sean of WildchildWorld.com, the local promoter who had booked Steve and is a close associate of FSM for a decade now is open to utilizing his monthly club venue for this event. We are currently looking at having Hunter from West Virginia (who played with Steve for the majority of times in Pensacola, also live in Tampa for a bit and is originally from Panama City, FL), Steve Graham, and Garrick from Atlanta with Hafid Atzel aka The Light. We are still working on preliminaries. We will post ASAP when we can lock down the Saturday night date. Our intention was to do this as early as possible so many can make plans to attend (esp. Kamal and TomTom) and maybe make it another [MS] reunion.

Note for Steve Graham and Garrick - please contact Hafid Atzel aka The Light for details and getting info. so we can book your travel expenses ASAP.

God Bless and God Speed to ALL.

Comment

• lilsensa
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Kamal - Your call dude. I wouldn't be offended, and I'm sure most will agree with you.

Scifi - The event sounds like it is going to be a good one.
      RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

sounds good to me
        I'll get with Hafid this weekend

Comment

• DancingQueen
          AVB FanClub | President
          • Oct 2005

Kamal, I will agree it is hard to see the pictures so if you want to take them down I am ok with it as well.

scifi pi, what a great idea. I wish you guys were closer so I could attend some of these events. I will always be there in spirit though
          sigpic
          RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
          RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Steve Graham
            DJ Jelly
            • Jun 2004

I dont know, I mean I love Steve and miss him terribly, and when I see the pics it is hard to believe still.. but also seeing those pictures and remembering the times they were taken, brings a smile to my face, because they were such good times.. wmc06, pensacola meet up.. etc

just my .02

Comment

• AntonyM
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2004

I am with Steve, my reaction tends to be one of rememberance in a positive way, his sense of humor was unmatched.
              Originally posted by Shpira
              So came back last night...
              Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
              Originally posted by Illuminate
              Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
              2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
              3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
              4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

dont get me wrong, my response isnt negative, it just fucks me up to see him and it angers me that he never fucking told anyone what he went through when I begged him relentlessly .... seeing him there, esp when I'm puttin a few away makes it even harder and this guilt isnt helping me.

I lost a lot of friends back home when I was in India, but I dont think there has been one that did me in like Jibby's. Denial is a place that setup camp in my head even today.
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                Originally posted by ace_dl
                Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• DancingQueen
                  AVB FanClub | President
                  • Oct 2005

I can see both sides of it....like Kamal, seeing the pictures is hard and makes me sad, but I see Steve's side as well. I hadn't thought of it Steve's way before, but you are right. Seeing his smile and as well as in his element behind the decks also reminds me of happier times....

Whatever is decided I will be ok with it....either way he is always in my heart and in my mind.....man I miss him terribly
                  sigpic
                  RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                  RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

I almost feel I shouldn't have an opinion as I only knew him from the forums. But whenever I see them I have a sad moment and then I find I am smiling at the obvious good times.

Having said that, If that is what it is doing to you Kamal, you should take them down, we all heal in our own way. Maybe just put them somewhere where people can look if they want!

Btw the ones that really shock are when someone pulls up an old thread
                    Originally posted by TheVrk
                    it IS incredible isn't it??
                    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• TomTom
                      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                      • May 2002

I have mixed feelings about the album pics on the front page..I mean many members have pics with Jib in their albums so Jib's album is not the only one. Sometimes when I see them, they put a smile on my face but most of the time it's mainly painful to be remembered about what was and how it ended. I thought about asking the same Kamal did some weeks ago too but decided not to do it and "live with them" hoping it will get better over time.

Originally posted by scifi pi
                      Our intention was to do this as early as possible so many can make plans to attend (esp. Kamal and TomTom) and maybe make it another [MS] reunion.
                      Sadly not happening..no USA this Year for me. I hope to return next year to the States.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                        DJ Jelly
                        • Jun 2004

do whatcha gotta do i guess

Comment

• THE_LIGHT
                          MCast Resident DJ
                          • Jun 2004

I"m with you kamal on this mate.

cheers
                          hafid

Comment

• ddr
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

its your call Kamal.

i know when i saw his famous Sesame Street picture of Bert & Ernie, it gave me a laugh, lol.
                            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Mad'Em Fixer
                              Addiction started
                              • Aug 2008

I can only say that I feel solace in seeing those pictures. But it is not my decision to make. Are you planning on taking his whole profile down?
                              UFUCKINGCUNTCHA!!!!R.I.P. Jib!

Comment

Working...