• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D.Williams
    Platinum Poster
    • Aug 2006

Re: DJs you dont get

Originally posted by floridaorange
    Lets face it, many dj's only sound good when you're twacked out of your mind.
    That sounds about right..... for you

Comment

• sbando
      Going back to Romford
      • Apr 2008

Lol.
      ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
      ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
      ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
      ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

Well many of the dj's listed in this thread are in the top 20 of the best tech house dj's, by accident then?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• D.Williams
          Platinum Poster
          • Aug 2006

You buy into those list?

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

I don't personally but are you saying they are completely without merit?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• thebanned1
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • May 2009

Originally posted by floridaorange
              Well many of the dj's listed in this thread are in the top 20 of the best tech house dj's, by accident then?

you're completely overlooking the fact that this is an opinionated music board, i said villalobos, i,ve actually seen him dj in a club awhile ago now and it was great but i think the trouble here is were spoiled for choice when it comes to listening to music through places like this and i may be talking for myself when i say this but my music taste swings to different stuff all the time

some tech house is amazing and it's the same with just about every other genres of music, there is good and bad stuff out there
              How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• sbando
                Going back to Romford
                • Apr 2008

It may be true, many names from the RA Poll top ten have been mentioned here. I love Tale Of Us, their label, "Life & Death", was born here in Florence, their boiler room set is amazing, I bought all the tracks. But lately their sets don't seem to go anywhere.
                ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• thebanned1
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by sbando
                  But lately their sets don't seem to go anywhere.
                  how many dj's over the years have you liked and have said that exact same thing about them at some point ? truth is it's probably a lot of times, for me personally i find it kind of scary just how rapidly influenced my music tastes become depending on what i am listening to, it's all about what you can get your hands on, i listen to a lot of different styles and have never really concentrated on one particular style of music, the problem with the RA poll is the same problem with any music poll out there at the moment, it attracts a selective target audience, RA is full of beard stroking techno fiends in the same way the mixmag poll is only voted on by light stick weilding trance and edm heads, there never really be a definitive music poll that pleases everyone especially because every has different music tastes and there is so much choice out there just now

Comment

• sbando
                    Going back to Romford
                    • Apr 2008

I agree, it's different from the electroclash years (2003, 2004) when everybody jumped on that bandwagon. As I say above, I don't dislike the DJs I mentioned, I just don't get them at present. A few others I truly don't like, despite the hype.
                    ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                    ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                    ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• thebanned1
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • May 2009

i get that with a lot of dj's now who i,ve followed in the past, sometimes i completely fall out of love with their sound, digweed and wink are two examples i can think of off the top of my head just now ( blaspheme i know ) i still have a lot of respect for them though, last time i listened to both of them though i enjoyed them and that was very recently, kind of makes me wonder what i missed in my time away from them if i,m honest, there have been very few dj's i can say i,ve liked them every time i,ve heard them or at least most of the times i,ve heard them, everyone has different tastes and music styles go out of fashion quicker than hell but for some people these styles become a staple of their taste in the same way this board is kind of dedicated to progressive sounding music

Comment

• unkle
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Mar 2007

Any dj can put together good tracks after good tracks,
                        the challenge is give it a sense and a structure to their set,
                        and keep the quality and the good form through the years.

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by unkle
                          Any dj can put together good tracks after good tracks,
                          the challenge is give it a sense and a structure to their set,
                          and keep the quality and the good form through the years.

Sometimes you read a tracklist and it looks amazing, all too often the set doesn't deliver
                          Originally posted by TheVrk
                          it IS incredible isn't it??
                          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
                            Platinum Poster
                            • May 2008

Re:

Loco Dice was mentioned. So...

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

^^ I was disappointed in both of them. That first video is what is pissing me off about some Djs at the moment. These incredibly long breakdowns 2.16 minutes when he is just playing pretty noises ?? He heard a sound he liked and decided to keep playing it ??When he finally got going it sounded like a great track but I want all dance music on the dancefloor !! Nick Warren did it in Perth and Henzy Saiz did it in London.
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• runningman
                                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                                • Jun 2004

The DJ I don't get anymore is Sander K. Used to be my favorite by far in the early 2000's but he has been totally punched out for the last 6 years (at least). That boy needs to get his ears checked or get back on the drugs.

Comment

Working...