X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Report Hernan Cattaneo Aussie Tour 2010

Well you knew this was going to come didn't you.

He turned what could been a total disaster in an absolute triumph . He blew them away in every city!! I went to Brisbane and Melbourne, two totally different sets, and I'm willing to bet that Sydney and Perth got their very own sets as well.

Brisbane, they wanted pumping there and that is what he gave them ! I thought it was a great set. But for me melbourne was just so amazing. Possibly because I was with so many like minded people that I knew and there was more complexity to his Melbourne set. Brisbane was a very masculine set, more of the feminine in Melbourne So much groove!! At one stage just before he finished a friend asked me it I was alright, I was just totally emotionally overcome!!

What can I say . The whole night was brilliant!! I knew more people there than I ever have at any gig. Although I didn't get to see a lot them. And I'm taking credit for putting a whole lot of them onto Hernan's music . I know cos quite a few have thanked me The vibe was amazing!! Everyone was there for Hernan , a lot had known how hard it add been for him to get here, and the wanted to show there appreciation for him and wanted to be there to welcome him when he started. So no worries at all about having a full dancefloor when he started and, just quietly, a full dancefloor when he stopped just before 6 .

So I flew to Brisbane, danced to his music for 4.5 hours, came back, had 4 hours sleep, danced for another 5.5 hours and then complained when he stopped playing. Very selfish of me I definitely could have kept going. Along with a lot of other people. Actually I probably owe that more Hernan's skill as a long set Dj than my stamina

Musically was a nice balance with lots of new stuff, and some great older tracks. But again, sorry Brisbane , our set was just so amazing. !! Top of the list so far. Depending on how long the euphoria lasts, it may stay there.

After hearing some of his new stuff I am hungry for his new Renaissance!! Can not wait !!

The crowd was wonderful!! I'm pretty sure than I've said this in other years, But Hernan is the only Dj where most actually know who the Dj is and love him !! Really sorry I missed seeing a lot of people . Every time I thought I might go for a wander and say hello to a few people, Hernan just hauled me right back in. !! I actually came racing out of the loo to catch PQM You are Sleeping

It's amazing how invigorating great music is . I want to go out and do it all over again that night but I couldn't

Sydney! Had someone texting through his set and apparently Sydney was incredible as well. There is one Sydney guy in particular who , whenever I mention Hernan on our local forums, says "you're just a fan" [ but not quite that politely ] Well Hernan won him over completely Saturday night ! I don't think he will be saying anything mean to me again. Well he may , but not about Hernan

Perth? well this was posted to me on MS at 3.07 am Perth time I'd told him to expect to be blown away !

And our local forum has even more complimentary stuff. Including this one, which I love

this whole room fucking stinks of PLUR.
    I think Australia wants to thank you Mr Cattaneo

Please come back soon

Just want to say as well, of all the Djs I have seen, Hernan and Dannny Howells are the only two I would consider genuine long set Djs . They know how to construct sets with the right amount of ebb and flow that just lets you keep dancing forever. Others I have seen do the build bit really well but that ebb and flow is much harder
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Report Hernan Cattaneo Aussie Tour 2010

Nice review Didi ... you should be on $Aus commission as it looks like your crusade extending the Cattaneo fanbase is working

Hoping to catch Hernan at Pacha (ibiza) this summer - he's always been amazing there .... well he's amazing just about everywhere, particularly down under by the sound of things.

Now pics or stfu !!
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Haha Would seem to be For me it's all about the dancing. But i will put up links for pics as I find them

Brisbane http://www.inthemix.com.au/photos32/...ily-QuietChaos

Sydney http://www.inthemix.com.au/photos32/100424-Musica
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• benda
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jul 2004

Well written Didi! Hernan should have added you to his travelling party so you could have reviewed all the Australian shows.

Did he really play for 4.5 and 5.5 hours in Brisbane and Melbourne? Now I feel a little let down that Perth only got 4...but I have a feeling that was more due to our archaic club opening hour laws than Hernan's willingness to play. Anyway, that was by far the best night I've been to in Perth for a long time. A handful of remixes of older tracks (The Hacienda Must Be ReBuilt, West on 27th, Pushing Too Hard, although he didn't play You Are Sleeping) mixed in with some amazing new stuff. Not sure whether we got a masculine or feminine set, but there was an amazing flow from start to finish and the four hours absolutely flew past. It was all over too quickly!

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

I would say feminine He did play for those times but if it's any consolation he thought Perth was fantastic as well !

Comment

• chanty
            John, John, where art thou!
            • Jun 2004

Ah DIDI..I knew you would have a killer weekend. Now if he would just come back here again, I would be a happy girl.
            Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

nice review
              so, basically, HC was great, the vibe was good and people enjoyed it =)

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Feb 2009

Nice read DIDI.. Glad you had a great time

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                  nice review
                  so, basically, HC was great, the vibe was good and people enjoyed it =)
                  Yep!!! Although the vibe was fucking amazing !!!

Comment

• DancingQueen
                    AVB FanClub | President
                    • Oct 2005

Glad you had an amazing time DIDI
                    sigpic
                    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• cohiba
                      Addiction started
                      • Jul 2008

His set in Sydney was amazing as well. Virtually every second song I was thinking to myself 'I would kill to know the name of this track' I was worried early saturday night as I had a terrible delayed onset hangover from the night before (quite surprised I didn't vomit on the way there) but I got there just as hernan was coming on, and as soon as I heard the music and started dancing, my brain did me a huge favour and ignored the hangover I especially loved his first hour, and overall I'd say this has been my favourite gig of the year so far, pushing WOW/Digweed down to number two.

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

^^^ Glad you had a great time as well, and that is high praise indeed !!

Pics from Melbourne http://www.inthemix.com.au/photos32/100423-hernan

A few from Perth. http://www.teknoscape.com.au/gallery...ce292f7f29f13f
                        More from Sydney http://www.residentadvisor.net/photo...aspx?set=10939

And I just found a pic of the guy that was texting me from Sydney, while he was texting me. http://www.residentadvisor.net/photo...i=_mg_0293.jpg

Comment

Working...