• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re: The Top 10 best Essential Mix's of all time according to Radio 1

Originally posted by coliver1980
    Lists like this are always going to cause controversy. At the end of the day, it's all about personal opinion.
    right, and their opinion is wrong

Comment

• lendetomp
      Getting Somewhere
      • Nov 2009

Not listened too the Flying lotus one either but will have to give it a go. One of my favorites is Timo Maas from 2002, he used to play at a club where i'm from a lot round that time and some of the sets were similar too that mix. The Sander one from 2001 is class.

Comment

• Kinetic
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Been mentioned before, but that Moshic 2003 EM made a huge impact on me at the time, and to this day it´s still one of the most otherworldly sequences of music I´ve ever heard.

As for these in particular... some I feel are justified and deserving, others not so much, and I think any of us could come up with a totally different list... I mean, there´s hundreds of them!

I´m just glad that the EM is still around, even if I don´t follow much of it nowadays. It´s a musical institution.
        "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
        http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• nicomax
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

Exactly
          Nicomax

Comment

• maddlingo
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Just found this link the other day;

You can download every essential mix from 1993 to 2007
            "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

• 88Mariner
              My dick is smaller
              • Nov 2006

^ they're not all on there. Some years are missing quite a few. Still, good site though! Nabbed the Scott Bond and Tyrant one from way back
              you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                No Kleinenberg from 2001 or Digweed from 1999.

List loses all credibility !
                That Klienenberg so should be there !!
                Originally posted by TheVrk
                it IS incredible isn't it??
                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• AntonyM
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Oct 2004

How about that great Howells mix from 2002 or around there, where he played a bunch a different kind of music. Have heard everything up to the Sasha mix. Would agree with the Goa mix that is a classic, a few of those sets I could do without, the Coxy set is a killer as well.
                  Originally posted by Shpira
                  So came back last night...
                  Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                  Originally posted by Illuminate
                  Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                  2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                  3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                  4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• AntonyM
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Oct 2004

How about Desyn's first set from around 2004 and Lawler first set as well, pretty sure there are a few Diggers gems as well, also how about Sasha @ Ally Pally from 98 I think, that one is retarded.
                    Originally posted by Shpira
                    So came back last night...
                    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                    Originally posted by Illuminate
                    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• dusk
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Need to catch up on quite a few of the older ones. Don't think I've heard anything prior to the 99 sets. At least I don't remember.

Would have liked to see JZ's 2004 and SK's 2001 sets listed though.
                      ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Jenks
                        I'm kind of a big deal.
                        • Jun 2004

howells 02

Comment

• Highsteppa
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Feb 2005

Greg Wilson's mix is worthy of mention? Really? I'm not saying he sucks or anything like that at all, but his E-Mix to me was nothing at all memorable.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                            My dick is smaller
                            • Nov 2006

The E-mix last night with Breakage was incredible. I'm not calling it a top one as compared to the legendary ones already mentioned, but I highly recommend it.
                            you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• dusk
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

^^^ Thanks for that, need to grab it then.
                              ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• itsjung
                                Getting Somewhere
                                • Jun 2004

the daft punk one was dope!

Comment

Working...