X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Chris Fortier Absolute Hero!!

We had a wee bit of drama here on Friday , One of our best dance crews , Darkbeat, Had organized a massive 24 hour birthday party. Four internationals , Dave Seaman, Nic Fanculli, Chris Fortier, and Layo and Bushwacka ! The idea was to start with a 4 hour boat cruise on which Dave Seaman [appropriate] was to play ! Half an hour before setting sail Dave decided he had had tooo hard a night in Sydney and wasn't going to play. Chris Fortier had been in the country from Los Angeles for two hours. He not only played that gig He played the Sunrise set at the club, He was actually booked for sunset! , played at another club on Saturday night, and then played again last night. A true champion and a superb Dj as well.

It's annoying that he gave up his prime spot and Dave Seaman stil got a prime slot at the club, he was supposed to play twice!.

Just for the record Dave's set was good but not great, the locals shat all over him. I have been to all his gigs since I started partying, but will never ever go to a stand alone gig of his again. His behavior was just incredibly unprofessional. !!

Btw Nic Fanculli was an hour late as well.

Don't know how they did it but the Darkbeat Boys managed to pull it all together and it was an amazing party!! But without Chris at least part of it would have been a disaster .

So to Chris Fortier and the Darkbeat boys!
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Oct 2005

Re: Chris Fortier Absolute Hero!!

CHRIS

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

chris fortier is a Florida boy. and i'll be damned if any Florida OG can't stand up to the test and come out on top. this makes me proud to hear your story and sad at the same time as i'm sure you lot were pumped to hear an earful of seaman. however, knowing that Fortier stood up and rocked the place several times it a true testament to his ability and upbringing.

at this moment I AM PROUD TO BE A FLORIDA CRACKER!

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

^^ Chris was positively white last night!! He must have been exhausted!! It's real shame, he's really highly thought of here and normally it would be fun for him as well, but it would have pretty difficult to work that hard and still have fun. He's great!!

Btw I would prefer Chris to Seaman any day !
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• Jibgolly
          Vortexuralizor
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
          ^^ Chris was positively white last night!! He must have been exhausted!!
          thats how we have been brought up. play til the crowd leaves. i was born with the same blood as Mr Fortier and at times have been known to get on my knees behind the decks. it's just something we are unable to quit whilst there are people a plenty to listen. I'm actually glowing a bit knowing that chris played til his blood ran thin and am more proud than ever to come from the same place as him. he is, and always will be, an inspiration to people like me.

to chris...

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Fortier is an extremely professional DJ and fucking anal about his own sets/performance.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• scottpuig
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jan 2005

gotta love Melbourne boys!

Comment

• THE_LIGHT
                MCast Resident DJ
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                chris fortier is a Florida boy. and i'll be damned if any Florida OG can't stand up to the test and come out on top. this makes me proud to hear your story and sad at the same time as i'm sure you lot were pumped to hear an earful of seaman. however, knowing that Fortier stood up and rocked the place several times it a true testament to his ability and upbringing.

me too..

cheers
                hafid

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by scottpuig
                  gotta love Melbourne boys!
                  Melbourne Florida or Melbourne Australia ??

Maybe both

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • May 2005

werd brotha! I can't tell you how many morning's I spent at MARZ while he was playing and wouldn't stop until the last person left or was told to stop! He's a trooper and is really a stand up guy!
                    <-- Stands up as a FLORIDA CRACKER
                    Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Oct 2005

i have said it before and i will say it again, Chris moves pretty fast. if u don't stop and listen in awhile you might miss him

Comment

• JonQPublik
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Apr 2006

I caught only about 45 mins of his most recent Boston gig, but it was wonderful.
                        He's always been a favorite of mine.

Oh, and I'm a Florida Cracker, too. But I'm a Ritz, not a Saltine.

jqp
                        http://soundcloud.com/jonqpublik/sets/love-and-other-stories

Comment

• simonr
                          Transitionator
                          • Jun 2004

Fortier's a legend and a real stand up guy !
                          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Garrick
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jibgolly
                            at times have been known to get on my knees behind the decks.

dude i thought you were going to die in pensicola you were so pale. haha, you played for like 10 hours. you ain't lying when you say this.
                            Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Jibgolly
                              Vortexuralizor
                              • Jun 2004

sometimes you just gotta!

Comment

Working...