X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megan love
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jan 2005

Re: It's your friends that make your world

i also just wanted to share this beautiful bulletin that our friend chrissy posted on myspace earlier. SG, this is the post em was telling you about.

I just want you all to know…

It immensely saddens my heart to find out that we have lost another one of our friends to an entity that we cannot, or refuse to understand. There are times in our lives that things may get us down and break us into pieces, but we normally seem to pick them back up again and walk away from the situation as a whole again. For others, this is not so. Life is unrelenting… it’s hard at times. Things happen to us throughout life that form us into what we are today. I just want to let each and every one of you know that no matter what has happened, will happen, or what is going on in your life right now….if you feel that you cannot deal with it on your own, there is someone out there that can and will reach out to you and help you through whatever it is you need.

This group of friends, this clique I should say, goes deeper than what the ordinary definition of a friendship describes. A lot of us have known each other for almost our entire lives…some of us not so much, but to become a part of this group is to become a member of a family. I say this because I feel this and I know that all of you, whether it has been outwardly expressed or not, feels the same way.
    So, with all of this being said:

My arms are open if you need a hug
    My ears are here if you need to talk about anything!!!
    My heart is open to each and every one of you because I love you!
    My shoulder is here if you need to lean on it
    My hand is here if you need to hold it…

To my friends…my family, it is times like these that we come together to hold each other above the surface as we tread furiously to fight the currents of weakness. I love each and every one of you. I feel that I cannot stress it enough, but I'm here for you...I dont care if we barely even know eachother...I'll listen if you need me to. Sometimes that is all it takes...

In memory of Steve James…

Know that this is how each one of your friends felt about you. May your soul be in a much more peaceful place now.
    You are loved will be missed dearly by all of us!

Comment

• |Thrax|
      Platinum Poster
      • Mar 2007

So well spoken.
      Rest in peace my friend. Condolences to those who were a lot closer than I.
      This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
      Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Damn it, wtf is gonna bug Digweed to release those live sets now?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Cj Tari
          MCast Resident DJ
          • Nov 2004

wow, I'm speechless, i didn't know Steve personally but I'm truly saddened by all of this. I know sometimes life can bring you down in ways that are utterly inexplicable, I know ive been so depressed that life just doesnt make any sense, you just think that forces beyond your imagination are out there to get you, and are putting you down in ways that you just cant seem to recover from, for me it has been very difficult at times, not knowing how to explain why all of the things that youre trying to do are going wrong.

Bless Steve's soul, i know ive felt so sick at times that i just feel that life has been sucked out of me, i know ive cried so much at times when im alone that i just wish i could forget everything and just start over, but everytime ive felt that way, my wife and kid are there to remind me that they need me.

I wish steve could of had a family just like mine, that are taking care of me in ways that at times i think i really dont deserve.

Take care Steve, even tough i didnt get to meet you the way i would of wanted, my prayers are with you and with youre family.

RIP Steve James
          ..:: listen :: react ::..
          http://www.myspace.com/djcjtari
          http://www.facebook.com/cjtari
          http://soundcloud.com/cj-tari

Comment

• Jenks
            I'm kind of a big deal.
            • Jun 2004

i wish i could type a coherent piece about jibby, but i just can't. from ms 1.0 jibby and i were both here from startup and made mods from the beginning, so much history, so much past...i have a degree in english and creative writing and i still can't put into words what i want to say. hopefully someday i can express my time with jibs...but i can't do it not now.

Comment

• BureOne
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

I still can't believe it. I never met him, and I don't think we ever IM'd.. but being on this board for soo long, you get to know people and I just can't believe his dead.

I pray for his soul and for all his loved ones.

RIP Steve, MS will definitely miss you!! God bless... you are now free.

Comment

• dig72
                Gold Gabber
                • Nov 2004

Sad news indeed.

My condolences to his family/friends and to everyone who was touched by this wonderful and beautiful human being.

Severe depression can be a dark, lonely and hopeless place to be in. The seemingly simple task of just waking up to a new morning can be very, very painful. Which explains why many who suffer from this condition do not want to sleep.

There is no cure, but there is help out there.

Keep and eye out for your mates. Sometimes it's the little things.

Steve, hope you may now rest in peace.
                “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
                Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• toasty
                  Sir Toastiness
                  • Jun 2004

If you go to the member list and sort by post count, you'll notice that Steve was the single most prolific poster on [ms]. I point that out almost in jest, though, because you need not even go through that exercise to understand what an important person he is in our community. I think of Jibby as synonymous with [ms], and this is an incredible loss for all of us, past, present and future.

It's been both heart-warming and heart-wrenching to hear the anecdotes from those that knew Jibby well. I knew him only through [ms], and I feel for all of you that knew him better than I did.

There's more to say, but no words to say it. Gonna have to leave it at that, for now. May you rest in peace, Steve.

Comment

• Homskillet
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Wow... this definitely comes as a surprise.

I didn't know Steve personally like many of you but after reading what many of you have to say personally about him is very sad to know what he has chosed but it is good to know how many people he touched.

I've been reading his posts since the beginning of MS. He defintely had a lot to say and has contributed a lot to MS.

May he RIP and my prayers go out to his friends and family.
                    https://soundcloud.com/dahlheim/shadynasty-tres-final

Comment

• Mad'Em Fixer
                      Addiction started
                      • Aug 2008

This is Chrissy posting on EM's name, but I know that a lot of you knew Steve in one way or another....We all love him dearly and even though he is not here physically, he will live on in our memory. Please just carry him throughout your life and remember all of the good that he has done. He was a great guy and it saddens me to know that he will not be with us any longer. Whether you knew him personally or just by contact on the pc, he touched so many in his life and I know that everyone that he has had contact with will carry his memory. Much love to those who have posted anything about Steve. He will live on....

xoxo
                      UFUCKINGCUNTCHA!!!!R.I.P. Jib!

Comment

• TomTom
                        Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                        • May 2002

In the past Years I have learnt the hard way how fragile and precious Life is but this time it is the 1st time for me that somebody I knew 99% from the Internet "only" has died. I am struggling to believe that he really did this and am still shocked about the news. Steve was one of the key people and friends in my "Internet Life" and around me since over seven years starting with Audiogalaxy, moving on to Soulseek and Mercuryserver. I can't tell how many great conversations I had with Steve and how I always adored him for his dedication and passion for music. Steve was an example for me in many ways and good guys like him are people who are giving me the Strength to go on and continue with what I do. I only had the honor to meet him once in person and to know that this is merely three months ago is hurting me even more because meeting him was as expected. It was like meeting a long time friend you have not seen for a long time. Steve was a so genuine and unique character and I know that I will miss him a lot. Rest in piece my friend. I really hope you have found what you were looking for. I always had a lot of respect for you and I promise to always keep you in my heart.

Comment

• LITTLE E
                          Where's my supply boat
                          • Aug 2008

....He was the older brother that i never had ,we spoke about life and music on the regular he's motivated me to push this music and push myself to extent's i didnt know were possible...i mean this to the fullest... if anyone here wants to talk...and i speak on behalf of all of pensacola (fsm) please call us ,write us, we are more than willing to listen ,talk,put things into prespective whatever you need and i mean anything...anyone who's family to my brother steve is family to me and im or should i say we are here for you.. hit us up .....all i can keep thinking about is how much he brought smiles to my face.....i will always miss him..i saw a couple of you talk about his twisted humour.. trust me this was a key factor in our realationship we always kept things on the funny side of things and i will always love him for that.....i think now is a time when we should come togther ...in the name of a hero his name is Steve James...dont ever forget it!!!!!!

Comment

• Dhar_2
                            meat and potatoes
                            • Jun 2004

WTF???

what the hell happened????

i remember steve from when i first joined the board!

i loved his mixes and he was a stand up guy!

he will be missed!

take care Jibby!!!

Comment

• DancingQueen
                              AVB FanClub | President
                              • Oct 2005

Last night when I couldn't sleep again, I started writing....I haven't done this in a long long time. I wrote a poem reflecting the memory of Jibs that I will post sometime tonight after work if I get the courage to do so....
                              sigpic
                              RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                              RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Adzey
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Mar 2008

man this is terrible.

i have filled up many times reading through these pages and my thoughts are with you all those that were close to him.

i lost someone very close to me this year who chose to take their own life. it is impossible to comprehend how they were feeling at that exact time.

steve will always be remembered as this thread has shown how loved he was.

rip steve

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

Working...