• Show
Clear All
  • CoreyVonWaters
    Fresh Peossy
    • Nov 2008

Re: It's your friends that make your world

Originally posted by Garrick
    Garrick,

email me your phone number so we can chat bud. My email is liquidjams@yahoo.com

Comment

• CoreyVonWaters
      Fresh Peossy
      • Nov 2008

Here is a mix that a buddy of ours Rob Dowell just put up today. It's friggin beautiful and I think it might help some of you in your time of need:

http://robdowell.com/RobDowell-FreeFormNine.mp3

Tracklisting:

[00:00-04:11] 11.8 “Red October” (Aleksey Beloozerov Remix)
      [04:11-09:55] SCSI-9 “Vesna Lastic”
      [09:55-13:49] Paul Kalkbrenner “Azure”
      [13:49-17:40] Marcin Czubala “Daybreak”
      [17:40-22:36] The Timewriter “Travellers” (Beat Pharmacy Dub)
      [22:36-26:13] Sonda-Papada
      [26:13-31:53] Osunlade “Mommas Groove” (Jimpsters Slipped Disc Mix)
      [31:53-36:30] Minilogue & Decoy “Uncle Limps” (Turkish Version)
      [36:30-38:03] DKMA “Manga” (Adam Jace Remix)
      [38:03-39:50] Ben Watt “Guinea Pig” (Vocal Variation Mix)
      [39:50-43:41] William Besson “Come Around” (Terry Lee Brown Junior Dub Remix)
      [43:41-48:13] Herb LF & Azzura “Steps” (Herb LF Remix)
      [48:13-53:26] The Timewriter “Soul Freak Music” (Terry Lee Brown Junior Remix)
      [53:26-57:22] Frank Lorber, Maus & Besier “Tres”
      [57:22-01:05:19] Stimming “Una Pena”
      [01:05:19-01:07:43] Guido Schneider “Albertino”
      [01:07:43-01:09:13] D_Bug “Lenguaje Maquina” (Inxec Remix)
      [01:09:13-01:11:37] Dapayk “How Low”
      [01:11:37-01:17:24] Gaiser “Face Down”
      [01:17:24-01:19:30] 11.8 “Red October” (Aleksey Beloozerov Remix

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

wrong thread.... perhaps post it in the Promos and Recommendations forum. It would take away from the meaning of the thread if half the board posted mixes in this thread to "make the grieving feel better". Hope you understand.
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        Originally posted by ace_dl
        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• jarble187
          vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by CoreyVonWaters
          the Liquified Parties at E50
          I used to fly in from KC to Atlanta a couple times a year to go to the liquified parties. My best friend lives up in Alpharetta and we would go to the Seks parties as well. Its crazy to think that I may have crossed paths with the three of you like 7 years ago.
          Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• chuckc
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

I have been jamming steves mcast mix from the MS meet up all day....

I also cant get over how mind blowing this other pcola mix from Jibs is
            http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8RTG9RLV (courtesy of ddr)

it just amazes me the talent steve had.....

Comment

• Kinetic
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chuckc

I´m listening to that one right now, my brother is here with me and we´re both constantly picking our jaws off the floor. I´m sure they´re having a blast up there in Heaven...
              "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
              http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• chuckc
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

^^^^^^yeah i have been jammin that one and the mcast meet up one back and forth nonstop all day since early this mornin!!

Comment

• jarble187
                  vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by chuckc

^^^^^I was trying to explain that to Steve while I was there. There is no reason why his mixes should not be heard by the masses and I could never understand why he had difficulty finding someone who could help manage or setup nights for him so that he could be traveling and playing in front of thousands of people. His mixes are always clean and his programming and track selection is spot on for that deep, dark vortexy prog sound. It very unfortuante that he did not have the marketing savy (which in my discussions with him, he didnt seem to interested in doing it for himself) to get his feet wet and belong to some dj pool such as the collective agency.
                  Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• lilsensa
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jarble187
                    ^^^^^I was trying to explain that to Steve while I was there. There is no reason why his mixes should not be heard by the masses and I could never understand why he had difficulty finding someone who could help manage or setup nights for him so that he could be traveling and playing in front of thousands of people. His mixes are always clean and his programming and track selection is spot on for that deep, dark vortexy prog sound. It very unfortuante that he did not have the marketing savy (which in my discussions with him, he didnt seem to interested in doing it for himself) to get his feet wet and belong to some dj pool such as the collective agency.
                    I would always ask if he played any shows recently, and he would always say, "Nope, sideline city for me"....Then we would both bitch about not being able to get a gig and how most places now play top 40 ghey stuffs.
                    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• ddr
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jarble187
                      i think he enjoyed playing for his friends and people that he knew rather than a bunch of people that he had no contact previously with.
                      "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• chuckc
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

^^^ he used to play live gigs with the THM boys quite a bit back in the day....caught him a few times at the bank in st. pete Fla late 2005.

here is an unrealeased full 2 hour version of the mix he played live @ the bank when I very first met him in person. Really had a good time that night.

SETUP A PERMANENT STEVE JAMES ARCHIVE ONLINE Upload all your mixes here URL = ftp.mercuryserver.com login = stevejames OR stevejames@mercuryserver.com pass = stevesets123 ************************************************************************ a coupla sets from ma main man - thanks to all who upload ***********************

Comment

• scifi pi
                          Addiction started
                          • Oct 2004

We were working on that. I was coming out of semi-retirement from club and event promotions industry. We had just started a new monthly residency at Penscola's new ultra lounge called Suite that my friends own and where handle all their flyer printing and design. Our second month was supposed to next Thursday...it was called FSM presents I LOVE TECHNO with resident DJ's Steve James, Hafid Atzel, and Mark Lannigan (Hafid's roommate that plays intelligent DnB & was voted Pensacola #1 Favorite club DJ for 2 years) which we have postponed to 2009. I was working on getting him and Hafid down the Autumn music festival in Ft. Lauderdale for Nov. 22nd and other gigs in Texas. As well as a regional old skool warehouse party on NYE2008/2009 where he was closing out the main room which we are still doing. These days if a deejay could also produce or co-produce tracks and remixes, it would give a greater advantage of getting solid and consistent bookings and thats where our local celebrity progressive artist/studio owner - Kevin Rockwell came into play. He has the full $30K digital production studio. Hafid and Steve were to get there "feet wet" with him. Hafid recently did his first remix with Inner City's "Good Life" on his recent Mcast show. So many things were just getting into play, slowly but surely. I made a commitment to stay for at least a couple years in Pensacola to do this but the unfortunate happened. He wasn't here long enough to let it play out but in the short amount of time he was here he got the chance to play in front Pensacola's largest EDM event turnouts in years in August. He closed the night with Hafid opening and our friend Kevin doing a Live PA. The monthly EDM was averaging 300-400 per night each month for the last 2 years, his first gig after moving to Pensacola, they did 700+. FSM Pensacola was and still in the midst of releasing our clothing DJ apparel line - alternative unique old skool baseball and football jersey shirts (which are be ready next week), caps, beanies and embroidered aviator flight jackets. I had just filed for Florida corporation papers so that what we did was legitimate and professional. We will continue without our Florida Vortex, our Marathan Man, our JibJolly....but with high hope we will honor him on a constant basis when we do our events. I am hoping that DJ Eddie Garcia who was like Steve's recent apprentice continues in his style and selection. Steve recently and personally took him "under his wing" and I feel strongly that he will be looking over him through this challenging time.

See link for some pics at our local EDM forum of the recent FSM and WildchildWorld.com GLO event

Comment

• fer_
                            Platinum Poster
                            • May 2005

OMG! I didnt know about this..damn cant believe it
                            RIP Steve

ms will never be the same

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by scifi pi
                              We were working on that. I was coming out of semi-retirement from club and event promotions industry. We had just started a new monthly residency at Penscola's new ultra lounge called Suite that my friends own and where handle all their flyer printing and design. Our second month was supposed to next Thursday...it was called FSM presents I LOVE TECHNO with resident DJ's Steve James, Hafid Atzel, and Mark Lannigan (Hafid's roommate that plays intelligent DnB & was voted Pensacola #1 Favorite club DJ for 2 years) which we have postponed to 2009. I was working on getting him and Hafid down the Autumn music festival in Ft. Lauderdale for Nov. 22nd and other gigs in Texas. As well as a regional old skool warehouse party on NYE2008/2009 where he was closing out the main room which we are still doing. These days if a deejay could also produce or co-produce tracks and remixes, it would give a greater advantage of getting solid and consistent bookings and thats where our local celebrity progressive artist/studio owner - Kevin Rockwell came into play. He has the full $30K digital production studio. Hafid and Steve were to get there "feet wet" with him. Hafid recently did his first remix with Inner City's "Good Life" on his recent Mcast show. So many things were just getting into play, slowly but surely. I made a commitment to stay for at least a couple years in Pensacola to do this but the unfortunate happened. He wasn't here long enough to let it play out but in the short amount of time he was here he got the chance to play in front Pensacola's largest EDM event turnouts in years in August. He closed the night with Hafid opening and our friend Kevin doing a Live PA. The monthly EDM was averaging 300-400 per night each month for the last 2 years, his first gig after moving to Pensacola, they did 700+. FSM Pensacola was and still in the midst of releasing our clothing DJ apparel line - alternative unique old skool baseball and football jersey shirts (which are be ready next week), caps, beanies and embroidered aviator flight jackets. I had just filed for Florida corporation papers so that what we did was legitimate and professional. We will continue without our Florida Vortex, our Marathan Man, our JibJolly....but with high hope we will honor him on a constant basis when we do our events. I am hoping that DJ Eddie Garcia who was like Steve's recent apprentice continues in his style and selection. Steve recently and personally took him "under his wing" and I feel strongly that he will be looking over him through this challenging time.

See link for some pics at our local EDM forum of the recent FSM and WildchildWorld.com GLO event
                              http://mechanikalelement.com/message...&highlight=glo
                              Why do I have the feeling that he was the only one who didn't believe in his own massive talent.
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Kamal
                                Administrator
                                • May 2002

I'm sure Jibs knew he was feckin wicked (heck I told him a billion times each time we spoke). It was just the overwhelming majority of the negative things in his life that drowned out positive he believed in.
                                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                                he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                                Originally posted by ace_dl
                                Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                                I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

Working...