X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scifi pi
    Addiction started
    • Oct 2004

Re: It's your friends that make your world

as the days go by and from the many posts, emails, txts, phone calls, etc. I am most confident that the music and MS and anything related were his white light and/or escape of goodness, pleasure and passion. It pretty much shows on his DJ sets both recorded and live. His diligence and focus when he was spinning was not only inspiring but almost military -like but at the same time his carefree "jolly-ness" attitude was the contrasting part is what made Steve unique IMHO.

Comment

• Galactic Soap
      Getting Somewhere
      • May 2006

Terrible, terrible news. No doubt for all of you that make up the fabric of MS Jib's loss resonates deeply - stay strong, and continue to remember him for the passion that made him what he was to all of you. Both him and his family are in my thoughts...

Comment

• thezzapper
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

wow. i am so devastated. anything i write here cannot express my feelings right now, so i will just say this. steve was the first person to personally commmunicate with me after i joined [ms] a few years back. we talked a bit on soulseek too. he was a good person, warm-hearted, & had a true passion for music & [ms]. a great guy. we will all miss him so much. may he rest in peace, & may all his many friends find a way to deal with this. we will find a way. the way will be thinking of steve, forever.
        sigpic

Comment

• peloquin
          Till I Come!
          • Jun 2004

very sad to hear this. RIP Steve.

Comment

• robprunzit
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

I've known Steve online here for most of my 4+ years enjoying sound from MS. I didn't know him as well as many, but I knew him to be a great guy, and he will be missed for sure. My thoughts are with him, his family, and friends. R.I.P. buddy!!!
            AT THE FORK, TAKE THE RIGHT DIRECTION

www.myspace.com/robroyfamily

Comment

• ecpolonyc
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

R.I.P Steve

My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family. Stay strong.
              Facebook
              Soundcloud
              Resident Advisor
              ------------------------------

Comment

• GreenLantern
                Gold Gabber
                • Jul 2006

I didn't know Steve, but best regards to his family and close friends. I couldn't agree more with this thread title....

Comment

• asquare
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Jan 2006

I am speechless ...... RIP jibby ..... ONE

Comment

• DancingQueen
                    AVB FanClub | President
                    • Oct 2005

Missing you more than anything and wishing I was there tonight
                    RIP my friend xoxoxox
                    sigpic
                    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Miroslav
                      WHOA I can change this!1!
                      • Apr 2006

I've already written up a bunch on this in another forum, so I won't make this long. All I can say is...I wish he was still here and I will miss him. He was one of my best music compatriots; I wouldn't be on MCast or probably [ms] if it wasn't for him. The guest mix that I did for his show will always have special meaning to me. He was also just an all-around good guy. From his posts on here to AIM chats at all hours, he won't ever be replaceable.
                      mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• megan love
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by asquare
                        I am speechless ...... RIP jibby ..... ONE
                        hey hunter, we miss you around here buddy! get in touch soon, k? <3

Comment

• scifi pi
                          Addiction started
                          • Oct 2004

Per conversation with his mother a couple days ago and yesterday, the only request by her was to donate as a whole to one charity/foundation/fund in his name, thats all. No monies are required (family, close relatives and a local friend in the funeral industry are taking care of this since no life insurance of any type existed), no fancy flower arrangements (she's a biker chick at heart and she felt that would go to waste). The hometown memorial service is more of a collective gathering to show your respect and make some in person formal peace, prayer, words, etc. with others from his hometown that loved him and in some way shared their lives with our beloved Steve. From what I gathered the family on either side (father and mother) are not religious or currently practicing some type worship denomination. Did I say that right? I apologize for my rambling and randomness, its been such a draining week both physically and mentally now. I need the Thanksgiving weekend to come sooner.

Thank you for everyone for taking to time to post. I know its difficult for everyone and we will mourn and grieve in a different way but the most common if not thee common bond was the MUSIC, so when the time comes we blast our airwaves, our speakers, our subwoofers, our headphones, our everything with his music that he so much shared, loved and cherished.

YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED. YOU WILL BE LOVED. YOU WILL BE HEARD. YOU WILL BE MISSED!

"Sunday Afternoon BBQ - MercuryServer ANNUAL Meet Up @ Cookie's House - September 2008 - Pensacola, Florida USA". After four years of knowing him, the ONLY picture of me and Steve EVER TAKEN. A JOLLY JOKING MOTHERFUCKER ALL THE TIME...Classic. That's why so many us loved him in the way we do. The fucker was non-stop at times and could give you an ab workout with all the laughter and humor he created. PRICELESS!

Comment

• clintlove
                            Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                            • Jun 2004

^^^ had such a good time that weekend, wish we could have stayed longer. he was cracking us up at the BBQ.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• mixu
                              Travel Guru Extraordinaire
                              • Jun 2004

Rip

Ask me a question...

Comment

• dtgunslinger
                                Addiction started
                                • Nov 2004

I am not a regular poster here but I have been around for a couple of years. I never met Jib but it was shocking to read about his passing. Life is so precious and communicating everything we have locked up inside our crazy little brains is the only way to make it. Sometimes the best thing we can do is just listen to our friends, no matter how mundane their problems seem to us they are very real for our friends. So keep our solutions, advise, pearls of wisdom to ourselves and let them vent. Most of the time that is all we need, to be heard and hugged. Never underestimate the power of touch. Much love to all affected by this tragedy.
                                Not living my life to see if I get into heaven or hell, just how long I'll have to spend in purgatory.

Comment

Working...