X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Re: It's your friends that make your world

I've been really missing Jibby the past few days and craving his advice and witty comments.

Coming on this section of the forum to read the stories and look at pics and videos has helped a little....but he's really left a ginormous void that just can't be filled....missing you every day! xoxo
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• scifi pi
      Addiction started
      • Oct 2004

same here. I was looking for this remix of a Foo Fighters track "All My Life" and have always sent him an email since he was my music librarian of the sorts. i've kept his mailbox in my email app and gone back and read some of his old replies. many got me laughing again as he always made me do. he's been in a few of my dreams lately, a dark shadow in the background of a DJ spinning music - mostly Underworld remixes. HIs "big" balooka head with the headphones that I got him. I miss you man.

Comment

• DancingQueen
        AVB FanClub | President
        • Oct 2005

^^^yeah I did the same thing.....when needing his advice the past few days I read through old MSN convo's to help....it helped a bit, but obviously not the same.
        sigpic
        RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
        RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Comment

• hulkhuss
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

^^^^^^ yeah nobody can replace him on here...
          I have a set of his from 2005 in my car that I am listing to again, man he was a great dj
          http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• MCKat
            Fresh Peossy
            • Nov 2006

For some reason, I have been missing him more over the last few days. His absence is harder now than it was in the beginning.. I guess the fact that it's really real, and the reality that I don't get to play "what's happening in your world" with him anymore is here. Steve was one of two people on this planet that I knew I could tell anything, and it was staying in the vault.

I hate that it still hurts..

Comment

• DancingQueen
              AVB FanClub | President
              • Oct 2005

^^^I have moments like that as well, so know you aren't alone.

As I mentioned above, a week ago I needed his advice and opinion more than anything and he wasn't there to give it

Part of me kept waiting for his MSN window to sign on or my phone to bing with a text message....he always seemed to know when I needed him and was there....so hard to accept that he isn't anymore
              sigpic

Comment

• MJ
                Here since 2002
                • Jun 2004

What ever you are doing tonight Steve, think of us guys when we raise a drink in your name.

Bless you man.
                mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• DancingQueen
                  AVB FanClub | President
                  • Oct 2005

^^^ Bless you indeed.

Happy New Year Jibby! You are in all our thoughts and hearts xoxo
                  sigpic

Comment

• man_who_wasnt_there
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Feb 2006

Truly gutted, wondered why I hadn't heard from him in ages.

Time flies and had no idea this was why.
                    Steve James 1978–2008

Comment

• scifi pi
                      Addiction started
                      • Oct 2004

it's not been a year but my heart is still empty and with pain.

Comment

• Shpira
                        Angry Boy Child
                        • Oct 2006

It's your friends that make your world
                        The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                        Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• MCKat
                          Fresh Peossy
                          • Nov 2006

I found myself thinking about what mine and Steve's relationship would be like if he were still today.. Would he still make me the care packages with the newest tunes, or keep trying to convince me that I had a future in "the scene". Would he be proud of me for my new/tech savvy ways? Would he be disappointed that I chose another path, or would he continue to razz me about my relationship? Would he keep calling me randomly from numbers I could never recognize, only to leave messages that I saved for months? Would he be on the verge of announcing the next WMC and talking me into making it happen next year?

Would he be happier, had he just held out for a few days, or made a few more phone calls? I still wonder, and will probably always wonder.

I thought that time was going to make this loss be a little less painful.. The tears don't come everytime I think of him anymore, I guess that's progress?

I just miss him..

Comment

• TomTom
                            Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                            • May 2002

Last week I chatted with a mate on MSN who was away for a longer time and he asked me how Jib is doing....it took me some minutes before I was able to reply. I doubt the pain will ever go away. My dad is dead since 6 years and my brother since 5 and though I do not think about them daily anymore, when I think about them it's like it happened yesterday and it's almost the same when I start thinking about Steve.

Comment

• Mad'Em Fixer
                              Addiction started
                              • Aug 2008

I understand how you feel. It has been almost a year now I cannot believe it. I miss him everyday. Want to tell him so much and can't. It just doesn't seem right.
                              UFUCKINGCUNTCHA!!!!R.I.P. Jib!

Comment

• feather
                                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                                • Jul 2004

Wow, it's been a year.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...