X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palmer
    Retired or Simply Important
    • Jun 2004

Uh oh.

Here's an open animation we just finished a few weeks ago. I thought I'd share with you guys. Took about 4 of us a bit over 2 weeks to model and animate. For the record that is the Jam Associations logo and we had nothing to do with it. Just had to model our designs for artists around it.

+Credits+
    T.Palmer- Art Direction, Lead Animation, 3d Modeling, Lighting
    N.Braatz- 3d Modeling, 2d animation
    M.Beynart- 2d animation
    R.Edwards- 3d Modeling
    Last edited by palmer; March 26, 2008, 02:54:40 AM.
    todayistomorrow
    art direction | design | animation
  • clintlove
    Hey girl, ya Hungry?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Uh oh.

That is really awesome Palmer. I bet that was fun to make.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• palmer
      • Jun 2004

Thanks man.

Yeah it was blast. Getting everyone, producers/jam awards/cd for jam etc, on the same page conceptually was not fun but once we ironed that out it was such a good time.
      todayistomorrow

Comment

• clintlove
        Hey girl, ya Hungry?
        • Jun 2004

What program(s) did you use?

I dabbled in 3d modeling and animation back in college, but never took it too far. We used Cinema 4d.

sigpic

Comment

• palmer
          • Jun 2004

The adobe suite(photoshop, illustrator, after effects). All the animation/rigging, camera work, and rendering were done with Cinema 4d. We modeled both in cinema and 3d studio max.

We use primarily Cinema at current. I'm working on getting a few seats of Maya but the cost is proving hard for me to justify given that it's like 6-7 times as much, per seat, as Cinema. Cinema is definitely a great package though. Been using it for a little over a year now.
          todayistomorrow

Comment

• Hg_addict
            Addiction started
            • Dec 2005

That rocks Palmer, great job!!!

Comment

• Homskillet
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Sick!!! Always love you work Palmer!! Great Job!

Didn't I see this as a commercial...?
              https://soundcloud.com/dahlheim/shadynasty-tres-final

Comment

• clintlove
                Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by palmer
                The adobe suite(photoshop, illustrator, after effects). All the animation/rigging, camera work, and rendering were done with Cinema 4d. We modeled both in cinema and 3d studio max.

We use primarily Cinema at current. I'm working on getting a few seats of Maya but the cost is proving hard for me to justify given that it's like 6-7 times as much, per seat, as Cinema. Cinema is definitely a great package though. Been using it for a little over a year now.
                Cool man, Cinema 4D is a great program. I need to install it again and play around so more. I know what you mean about Maya's price tag. We wanted to get in our office at LSU, but just couldn't justify the price, and we'd of gotten a student discount.

I'm very impressed with the video you guys did, it's definitely inspired me to get back into the XYZ.

sigpic

Comment

• Yao
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Very neat man, impressive! My colleagues loved it too .

Am gonna continue with Cinema again, since I want to expand my abilities in the design field -as I don't seem to be that much of a flasher i'd rather go into more forms of static design, which means moving from 2D to 3D for me.

Keep it up, my compliments. It's something worthy of a cool campaign for a big brand IMO, or maybe MTV intermezzo-like stuff
                  Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Digger
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Nov 2004

nicely done mate!....wish i knew how to do that
                    https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"> https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
                    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Comment

• palmer
                      • Jun 2004

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by Yao
                      Keep it up, my compliments. It's something worthy of a cool campaign for a big brand IMO, or maybe MTV intermezzo-like stuff

Well I mean current tv may not be mtv but it wasn't a personal exploration or anything.... This is part of the package for the event which is still broadcasting on our network to 80 million homes in 5 different countries.
                      todayistomorrow

Comment

• asdf_admin
                        i use to be important
                        • Jun 2004

Rock Solid Palmer. Would expect nothing less. Very cool and creative buddy.
                        dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Yao
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by palmer
                          Thanks guys.

Well I mean current tv may not be mtv but it wasn't a personal exploration or anything.... This is part of the package for the event which is still broadcasting on our network to 80 million homes in 5 different countries.
                          Tering...(dutch way to express my amazement). That will do Palmer, no mtv needed, hahah!

By the way: have you ever heard of Blender, a new free 3D program? It's supposed to be really good, saw a flick on youtube done with it, check http://www.blender.org/features-gallery/movies/ and http://www.blender.org/features-gallery/gallery/images/

Am thinking of giving this a try to be honest
                          Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• chanty
                            John, John, where art thou!
                            • Jun 2004

I love it! Great 3d animation and nice fluid movement. I like the way the crane symbolizes the needle arm.
                            Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• palmer
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Yao
                              By the way: have you ever heard of Blender, a new free 3D program? It's supposed to be really good, saw a flick on youtube done with it, check http://www.blender.org/features-gallery/movies/ and http://www.blender.org/features-gallery/gallery/images/

Am thinking of giving this a try to be honest

Yeah- I used it years and years ago before I even had a clue about what I was doing. It was pretty slow and really clunky.

After poking around on the site it looks like they've added a shitload of features since I last had a look. It does look like its at the level of an app like cinema or modo right now. They've come a long way.... Probably worth checking out.
                              todayistomorrow

Comment

Working...