X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Troklo
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Mini MS meet-up

Here is Peter Mako aka Dandy´s warm up set he did for Eelke. Like we said before, its a proper warm up set full good beats that will set the mood perfectly for a night before you go out or put something a bit more energetic on so check it out!
    Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio
    Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• OkiDokie
      Addiction started
      • Dec 2010

Here's Eelke's first two hours.

Comment

• mades
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2008

The set wasn't released yet, but hopefully soon. (edit: it was released, sorry).

live set from Synthesia party at Europa2point club in Trnava, Slovakia 18-02-2012

thx Gaz, Trolko and co., you were great and Eelke was so happy that he could actually talk to someone who knows and understands music! It's always refreshing for a professional dj who has to deal with usual joe types all the time.

We see each other again soon ..

Comment

• simonr
          Transitionator
          • Jun 2004

Great post and I think this shows all that is great about [ms]. Everyone I've met from here has been cool .. and .. err, pretty normal too !

I've met some great people through this site and our mutual interest in music. Some are now life long friends, some have sadly passed away but will never be forgotten ... some I will probably meet in the future.
          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• clintlove
            Hey girl, ya Hungry?
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unrecogniseduser
            One of the really cool things about MS is that you are instant friends with people you meet from here, and I already count a few people I met on here among my best friends.
            Such a true statement. Glad you guys had fun. Can't wait to hang out with y'all again. Hopefully you can make it over to Nola again soon. Lord knows my ass will never make it to Austria

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Soon??? I'm there in 2 weeks time
              motherlover

Comment

• Troklo
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

After the great time we had last time on or mini trip to Slovakia we decided to do it again but this time to Peter Makto´s aka Dandy birthday party at Fiört in Siófok Hungary

This time it was mades, a friend of his, unrecogniseduser, his wife and yours truly that made the trip.
                Siófok is a lovely town right next to Balaton lake, we got there early so we had a chance to look around and check it out a bit. We got us some beers and went to sit beside the lake.

At around midnight we got ready and went to Fiört, a three story club full of people and a long queue outside to get in.
                The party was well promoted, even the guy at the reception told us to go there, that it was going to be the best party in town. I really love the atmosphere at clubs in Hungary, me and unrecogniseduser talked about it last time and he told me that its just like it was in England back when he started to go out.

This time Eelke Kleijn was the one doing the warm up. He played a nice groove set, diffrent from the stuff that we are used to listening from him. So you guys can get an idea go and get his latest outside the box podcast nr. 75. He played for about an hour and a half and then left the decks for the star of the night Peter Makto.

kriszfoto140.jpg

We´ve heard Peter do a warm up set twice now. The one he did for Eelke at Trnava and the one he did for Digweed in Budapest, both times we thought that the man knew what he was doing so we were really looking forward to see what he could bring at peak time.

Peter told us that the he likes to mix at his birthday party because he can play long sets with out pressure and drop a bunch of classics.

How good was the set? We got home at 9am that good.

We danced our asses off, also when Eelke was done with his set he came to the dance floor and enjoyed the night with the rest of us. I guess it was a nice change for him to be able to go out and party not worrying about if he was going to be playing next. He even told us that it was one of the best times he'd in a while.

kriszfoto365.jpg kriszfoto593.jpg

Here are some memorable tunes of the night: Delerium Feat. Sarah McLachlan - Silence (Original Fade Sanctuary Remix), Run DMC - It´s like that, Sander Kleinenberg - My Lexicon (Eelke Kleijn remix), Panoptic – Surface, Dosem - Beach Kisses (Joris Voorn Edit) and a bunch more but these are the ones I can remember as I type. I´m sure the others will point out tunes I failed to mention.

So thats pretty much the story of our last minMS meet-up

Once again I can´t stop thinking that all of this was possible thanks to this site. Shows you the quality of people you find here.

kriszfoto599.jpg

Last picture of the night at 8:30am. I´m gonna quoute something Dandy posted on his FB "This is nice...Mexico, UK, Holland and Hungary - togheter in the music !!! NICE !! Thx "

So freaking true!!

Thank you for such an amazing party
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Troklo; May 30, 2012, 03:52:19 AM.
                Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

was a great night indeed. I'll have to check my phone to see if i did any videos...I'm not sure I did...

2 weeks we have another MS meet up when Bender420, misspentyouth and Dandy meet us in Barcelona for Sonar, will be cool I am sure!
                  motherlover

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

motherlover

Comment

• mades
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2008

That 8:30am photo rocks, i need to manage my party stamina better next time Hope you have the best time in Barca my friends!

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

haha, well the "lets buy a bottle of vodka, it's cheaper that way" probably doesn't help with the party stamina
                        motherlover

Comment

• josalo
                          Addiction started
                          • Apr 2008

Eelke is such a great guy!
                          "superdeepsexyhypergroovalicioustrpfunkhousevi bes"

Comment

Working...