X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: Strict Forum Moderation, effective 10-15-2012

One dog goes one way and the other goes the other. One's facing east, the other west. He's saying, "Whaddya want from me?" The guy's got a nice head of white hair.

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• sbando
        Going back to Romford
        • Apr 2008

Murder of William "Billy Batts" Bentvena

In the book Wiseguy, Henry Hill said they threw a "welcome home" party at Robert's Lounge, which was owned by Jimmy Burke, for William "Billy Batts" Bentvena (confused as William Devino), a made man in Carmine Fatico's crew (the same crew John Gotti was a part of) in the Gambino crime family.

Bentvena had just gotten out of prison after serving a six-year term for drug possession. Hill states in Wiseguy that Bentvena saw DeSimone and asked him if he still shone shoes and DeSimone took this as an insult. Hill also said that Bentvena provoked DeSimone because he wanted to impress some mobsters from another crime family. A couple of minutes later when that issue was going to be forgotten, DeSimone leaned over to Henry Hill and Jimmy Burke and said "I'm gonna kill that fuck." Hill saw that he was serious about it. A couple of weeks later, on June 11, 1970, Bentvena went over to "The Suite" owned by Hill in Jamaica, Queens to go drinking with DeSimone's crew, including Hill, DeSimone, and Jimmy. Later that night DeSimone took his girlfriend home and Burke started making Bentvena feel comfortable. Twenty minutes later, DeSimone arrived with a .38 revolver and a plastic mattress cover. DeSimone walked over to him at the corner of the bar and attacked Bentvena. Before Bentvena was attacked, Jimmy Burke tightened his arms around Bentvena and he was pistol-whipped with the .38 revolver. He was so inebriated that he couldn't defend himself.

In the book Wiseguy, Hill said that before DeSimone started to beat Bentvena, DeSimone yelled, "Shine these fucking shoes!" DeSimone killed Bentvena not only because he had insulted him, but also because Burke had taken over Bentvena's loanshark business while Bentvena was in prison. According to Hill, Bentvena had been complaining to Joe Gallo about getting back this racket. Not wanting to return the business to Bentvena, Burke knew sooner or later Bentvena would have to be killed. After the beating, the three men put Bentvena in the trunk of Hill's 1970 Buick Electra and later while the three men were driving on The Van Wyck Expressway, they discovered that Bentvena was not dead.

Later, they visited DeSimone's mother's house to get a knife, lime and a shovel. Later in the drive, closer to their destination, Hill said it had been an hour of DeSimone driving and he kept getting mad about the noises in the trunk and finally slammed the brakes and leaned over for the shovel and that Burke and DeSimone "didn't actually shoot him, they just stabbed him, thirty or forty fucking times, fucking horrible." In the film version of Bentvena's death, Tommy stabs Bentvena eight times and Jimmy shoots Bentvena four times.

Hill does not mention a knife, but claims Burke and DeSimone finished Bentvena off by beating him with a tire iron and the shovel, respectively and the men later buried him under a dog kennel. At the time of the murder in 1970, Bentvena was 49 years old and was a respected and a feared made man in the Gambino crime family. The price DeSimone would pay for killing a made man was his own life.

Jimmy The Gent and Tommy D.
        ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
        ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
        ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
        ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• sbando
          Going back to Romford
          • Apr 2008

Billy Batts Mobblehead

and that's all, folks!
          ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
          ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
          ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• simonr
            Transitionator
            • Jun 2004

sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• res0nat0r
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • May 2006

Originally posted by sbando
              billy batts mobblehead and that's all, folks!

want
              Last edited by res0nat0r; October 28, 2012, 03:46:59 PM.

Comment

• sbando
                Going back to Romford
                • Apr 2008

Lol @ "The fruit". Hey, it's Sunday!
                ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• chanty
                  John, John, where art thou!
                  • Jun 2004

Great job Mods!!! : ) Keep him outta here!
                  Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• GarryX
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Apr 2006

Think the forum moderation needs to be strengthened a bit more to be honest.

For the amount of mods we supposedly have the place looks a bit messy from time to time with a few unwanted visitors even now!

Keep [ms] the #1 place for dance music shares and discussion!

Comment

• Illuminate
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Aug 2009

I personally can't really say to speak that [ms] as a whole is heavily spammed/trolled. Apart from a few posts here and there. Suppose it is pretty well maintained considering it as an open forum.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                      Sbando
                      - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                      Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                      Bob
                      "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                      the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                      KiwiTollway

Comment

• chanty
                        • Jun 2004

^ +1. I will only add that I'm super disappointed with the decision to ban certain members from GYY as I really do miss them here. And I would ask the mods to consider lifting the ban. I won't mention this again, and thanks, good job guys! : )
                        Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• trick12
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jul 2007

seriously, someone needs to bring them back or say why they were blocked and not keep ignoring members requests??!!!
                          Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• floridaorange
                            I'm merely a humble butler
                            • Dec 2005

If I may, I suggest the those here who are online friends with others on MS consider exchanging emails and phone numbers. Some people will leave Mercury Server for extended periods of time because they are busy, others will take a break, some will simply move on and a select few might even get banned (happens on all online forums, after repeated warnings of course). I've met many members here in person, talked on the phone, added them on FB, emails, etc. This way, not only will you stay in touch despite a persons participation on MS, you might just make a real friend.
                            Last edited by floridaorange; November 5, 2012, 04:54:04 PM.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• chanty
                              • Jun 2004

Great advise and I do keep in contact with other members outside of MS.

Comment

• trick12
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jul 2007

looooool
                                Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

Working...