• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chanty
    John, John, where art thou!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Strict Forum Moderation, effective 10-15-2012

^ What's so funny?
    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• trick12
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jul 2007

oh it wasnt for u chanty, it was for the genius advise for the members who are friends of other members that are also online members or banned members and the exchanging of their members email of members in case those members are not members anymembers..

Nevermind
      Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• res0nat0r
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • May 2006

Thats a lot of members.

Comment

• picklemonkey
          Double hoodie beer monster
          • Jun 2004

Look, I'm going to try to write this with emotion but I'm bad with words so I'll do my best. I realize some of you don't agree with the way this place is moderated, but the reality is that there will always be people here who don't agree with my actions, and those who do. Whether you consider 2k active members or 48k total members, there's just no way around it. Ten years later, coming here has become only a chore as nearly every visit reminds me that half of you see me as a dictator because you disagree with one of the hundreds of aspects of the forum that I have to deal with.

Some of you think this place needs moderated more, others think less, some want folks banned, others want them unbanned. All I ask is that each of you consider that the things that are done here are done not due to malicious behavior on my side, but because it's believed that they're the right thing for the community. Every detail of discussion or decision that takes place does not need to be shared here, because the members would further divide themselves as the alphas try to drive their point across. For example, any member who has been moderated or banned has always been given warnings (in private) to change their behavior before doing so. When a decision is finally made, it's because I get tired of giving warnings. The reality is that this place is only an unpaid job, a chore which is rewarded only with criticism.

No successful business, organization, charity, etc. ever gets anywhere without leadership. I don't care if you disagree with what I do or are disappointed with my decisions... all I ask is that everyone stop demanding things from me, because it does nothing but make me enjoy this place that much less.
          Last edited by picklemonkey; November 6, 2012, 04:53:36 PM.

Comment

• picklemonkey
            • Jun 2004

Trick, thank you for harassing our members. You helped to demonstrate with a live example why I have to make hard decisions against active members.

Comment

• trick12
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by picklemonkey
              Trick, thank you for harassing our members.
              which members?
              Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• chanty
                • Jun 2004

My apologies Adam, I didn't intend to upset you. To be honest, I guess I didn't consider this from your point of view and the grand scheme of things. I'm also super sorry to hear that you don't enjoy it here and it feels like an unpaid job for you.
                I truly thank you for keeping this a pleasant/fun place for me to enjoy over the past 6 years or however long it's been!
                Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• tiddles
                  Encryption, Jr.
                  • Jun 2004

i'm sorry this place is a chore for the admins. it's still just as fun for me as it ever was though.

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

It's either do what we do and ignore member questions about our decisions or post discussions about our actions and make a mockery of the system. Either ways when hard decisions are made, we will be the bad guys. Which is fine, I'm not running for president, I already am

But jokes apart, what Adam said is spot on, there are countless exchanges, temp bans, further exchanges (in the hopes of amending people's behaviors) and actions before the permanent ban hammer comes down. If history of [ms] serves as any reminder to the friendly environment we have tried to maintain here, I have been the last advocate for permanent bans. It's only when people who we communicate with on an ongoing basis that continue to ignore what's being advised to them, that I finally gave in and agreed to start removing people's access.

Chunky is one such example and if memory serves me right, is the first member to befall that fate.

He went from being moderator (received numerous warnings) to being a member (received further numerous warnings from Adam and myself) to receiving uncountable temp bans (received further warnings) and was eventually ousted, only to make a mockery of the system and return back and show his true colors.

The following bans are not permanent. Both didi and bobjuice are very much active here (yet another example of our unwillingness to perm-bans as they are productive members who post good music and good contributors to the community), they just don't have access to GYY anymore for private reasons.

I do not believe our decisions and subsequent actions need a stamp of approval, but a level of transparency to keep the board sentiment in shape is needed from time to time and I hope this post addresses that need.
                    Last edited by Kamal; November 6, 2012, 01:14:27 PM.
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                    Originally posted by ace_dl
                    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• dusk
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Wow... never really thought it would come to this...appreciate all the mods do around here.

[ms] has been my online home for so many years.... I just hope that we don't fuck it up any more ...then we all would really miss this incredible site
                      ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• DancingQueen
                        AVB FanClub | President
                        • Oct 2005

Adam & Kamal.....I already know how hard the two of you & all the other mods work to keep this place going & it saddens me to see you go unappreciated. This forum has gone through a lot over the years from laughter to heartache, without you guys it never would of made it this far. I just want to thank you for all that you do & hopefully people will start to realize this & appreciate it. xox
                        sigpic
                        RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                        RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• chanty
                          • Jun 2004

^ +1

Comment

• superwave
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                            For example, any member who has been moderated or banned has always been given warnings (in private) to change their behavior before doing so. When a decision is finally made, it's because I get tired of giving warnings. The reality is that this place is only an unpaid job, a chore which is rewarded only with criticism.
                            Originally posted by Kamal
                            It's either do what we do and ignore member questions about our decisions or post discussions about our actions and make a mockery of the system.
                            Chunky is one such example and if memory serves me right, is the first member to befall that fate.

He went from being moderator (received numerous warnings) to being a member (received further numerous warnings from Adam and myself) to receiving uncountable temp bans (received further warnings) and was eventually ousted, only to make a mockery of the system and return back and show his true colors.
                            lol.. Back! LOL

Comment

• Bedrock Scott
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Nov 2012

out of curiosity how long or how many posts does a new member have his posts moderated before they post automatically

Comment

• picklemonkey
                                • Jun 2004

Until it can be determined that the new members are not trollers in disguise. I'm sorry this has caused your posts to be delayed... a very small number of people have ruined the experience for new members

Comment

Working...