• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gizze
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2010

Re: Coronavirus

Originally posted by Micko
    I work in mental health, as such still actively involved.

My missus works as a special needs assistant in a special needs school supporting kids with moderate to severe autism. Will be a temp closure. Probably reopen in Sept. Really feel for the families who are coping with little or no support. Looking like many will be redeployed......never seen anything like it.

Keep well mate.

Yeah this is a shite.

I have a clothes shop, been going 21 years now, not sure if we will survive this though, depends if my suppliers will write off a large chunk of the invoices or not.
    Speaking to clothing retailers around the UK and Europe all in the same position.
    Worse time of year for us, Feb we go into overdraft at bank to pay off the winter season to get the new summer stuff in, we then use March and April takings to get back into the the black at the bank to start paying the Feb/March invoices in May, June and July ready for the autumn/winter product in August.

So we have had Ł150,000 worth of stock delivered, then no business.
    If we open in June, we will have maybe 8 weeks to sell a seasons worth if gear. But at what price? 50% off? 75% off to clear it?
    We need the suppliers to say give us 25% of invoice value to stand a chance of being here. They need to go back to their factories and negotiate the same, and the factories with their suppliers too.
    If we all do that we stand half a chance.

Looking at the US calculator it looks like $3400 for a couple with 2 kids each month.
    Are you getting mortgage holidays over there? Card payment holidays etc.?

What about in Ireland Micko? They helping financially over there mate?
    My Soundcloud page...
    GuyMiddleton's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Re: Coronavirus

Originally posted by Micko
      I work in mental health, as such still actively involved.

My missus works as a special needs assistant in a special needs school supporting kids with moderate to severe autism. Will be a temp closure. Probably reopen in Sept. Really feel for the families who are coping with little or no support. Looking like many will be redeployed......never seen anything like it.
      People are very fortunate that you and your wife are there for them. . Do you use music.?? It has always been my medicine.

Stay safe
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...