• Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: al gore, hypocrtical bastard.

im gonna grow another beard.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

^^^ makes sence: two chins, two beards...

Comment

• asdf_admin
        i use to be important
        • Jun 2004

rolfservermaximus.
        dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Lorn
          Looking for a title!
          • Sep 2004

Comment

• thesightless
            • Jun 2004

no more. you gave me a complex. i have lost 38 pounds. down to 162, and that is actully bad news, because now i am fighting at a weight class where the guys are too short and quick for me to grapple with. gonna get my ass beat in on the 20th if i cant pick up my striking.

Comment

• asdf_admin
              i use to be important
              • Jun 2004

i would just grab your double chin.
              dead, yet alive.

Comment

• thesightless
                • Jun 2004

oh shit, dom, i found that pic i took of your family last time you visited NYC.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                  i use to be important
                  • Jun 2004

dude! I am taller now.
                  dead, yet alive.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                    Not cool enough
                    • Jun 2004

Hey Kinky, sounds like you are having the winter we had here in Ohio last year. It barely got below the freezing mark all winter...and boy was it great!!!
                    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• KinKyJ
                      Platinum Poser
                      • Jun 2004

if you love rain that is...

Sean, I'm proud of you! Keep it up and I bet your ass won't look fat in that skirt anymore in a few months. Just in time for summer

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by jarble187
                        Um, did I miss something? In response to the previous post and not being a Gore hater- the dude lives in a 10,000 S.F. + mansion and consumes 200,000 + KWh/year. (http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm) I live in a 1,500 sq/ft house and consume less than 1/10th of that amount. Just because you buy energy from a "green source" does not allow you consume as much as you want. Such unmitigated energy consumption from a utility for 2 people does not reflect well on someone calling on the world to reduce their energy consumption.
                        See that post again reinforces how little you know about Al Gore.

Have you also heard of a market principle called "supply and demand" The market will respond to meet the demand . In fact this is one reason why I believe we do have a good chance of developing alternative energy programs. The environment is becoming good business. . Aside from that have you actually heard of people queuing up and being refused green energy because there isn't enough to go around It's the opposite problem , not enough are signing up.

For some reason we seem to be getting more information here??

"A Gore spokeswoman said the former vice president invests in enough renewable energy to make up for the home's power consumption

'To balance out other carbon emissions, the Gores invest money in projects to reduce energy consumption' Kreider said." TIME also noted that the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, "got its figures from Nashville Electric Service.
                        But company spokeswoman Laurie Parker said the utility never got a request from the policy center and never gave it any information."

The BBC, also quoted Gore's spokeswoman Kalee Kreider as stating that these figures reflect the fact that the Gores "worked from home". Kreider continued: "The family was trying to reduce carbon emissions by getting energy from a local programme which generated energy from renewable resources such as solar and wind power instead of fossil fuels
                        They were also in the process of installing solar panels and low-energy light bulbs to reduce consumption from the grid." The article also indicates that the Gore family drives a Lexis hybrid SUV. Kreider suggested that the attacks on Gore's energy use were political in nature and stated: "Sometimes when people don't like the message, in this case that global warming is real, it's convenient to attack the messenger."

A former Gore aide also said he suspected a campaign by Mr Gore's political opponents:

“ Considering that [Gore] spends an overwhelming majority of his time advocating on behalf of and trying to affect change on this issue, it's not surprising that people who have a vested interest in protecting the status quo would go after him. ”

In addition, WKRN-TV reported on 27 February 2007 that the Gore family obtains their power from the Nashville Electric Service's "renewable energy initiative", The Green Power Switch program and that this program's "power sources are primarily wind, solar and methane gas solar power is generated from photovoltaic panels that convert the sun's energy to electricity.

Energy from methane gas is provided by the city of Memphis wastewater treatment facility, which produces a methane by-product that is co-fired with coal."

The Detroit Free Press also noted in a 27 February 2007 article that "Gore purchased 108 blocks of 'green power' for each of the past three months, according to a summary of the bills. That’s a total of $432 a month Gore paid extra for solar or other renewable energy sources.

The green power Gore purchased is equivalent to recycling 2.48 million aluminum cans or 286,092 pounds of newspaper, according to comparison figures on NES’s Web site."
                        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• KinKyJ
                          Platinum Poser
                          • Jun 2004

quality post didi!

Comment

• Jenks
                            I'm kind of a big deal.
                            • Jun 2004

I like the warm weather.

Comment

• jarble187
                              vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
                              • Sep 2004

I definetly do not consider myself a "Gore Expert" and personally, really dont care that much to know about his personal life. However, I was merely trying to state a simple point which seems to be ignored because Al does so many great things to offset his excess. It was mentioned that-

"A Gore spokeswoman said the former vice president invests in enough renewable energy to make up for the home's power consumption."

This is a luxury none of us can afford. Sure, I understand Mr. Gore tries to offset his consumption, but dont you think that he is wasting in some aspects of his life where others (his audience that he is trying to reach) doesnt have the luxury of going out and purchasing green power in huge blocks, buying hybrid cars, or installing solar panles on our homes? The above qoute loud and clearly tells me that its ok to consume as much as you want as long as you can afford to buy it off. Supply and demand- thats a totally modern concept that inherintly says take, take, take. What happened to being a modest person that only takes what he needs. Sure, not many people want to live the life of the Amish, farmers, or native indians, but these people have showed us that you dont need the excesses of modern times to live a descent, happy, and non-wasteful life. Again, simply put, if he didnt live in a 20 bedroom house in the first place, his ecological "footprint" would be less than it is now. For somebody promoting the dangers of excess, he is not the best role model by owning mutiple enourmous homes and flying across the country in a private jet. I just think that there are hundreds, if not thousands of other people out there that are living off the grid, in homes that are made of recycled and/or re-used material, in a more modest sense, living lightly on the earth. Im not saying that Al Gore should be ashamed of himself. He is doing great thing and making an effort, which is far more than most people have done. His lifestyle is clearly a product of his occupation, and Im just unsure that he conveys the proper green image.
                              Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• Localizer
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jarble187
                                I definetly do not consider myself a "Gore Expert" and personally, really dont care that much to know about his personal life. However, I was merely trying to state a simple point which seems to be ignored because Al does so many great things to offset his excess. It was mentioned that-

"A Gore spokeswoman said the former vice president invests in enough renewable energy to make up for the home's power consumption."

This is a luxury none of us can afford. Sure, I understand Mr. Gore tries to offset his consumption, but dont you think that he is wasting in some aspects of his life where others (his audience that he is trying to reach) doesnt have the luxury of going out and purchasing green power in huge blocks, buying hybrid cars, or installing solar panles on our homes? The above qoute loud and clearly tells me that its ok to consume as much as you want as long as you can afford to buy it off. Supply and demand- thats a totally modern concept that inherintly says take, take, take. What happened to being a modest person that only takes what he needs. Sure, not many people want to live the life of the Amish, farmers, or native indians, but these people have showed us that you dont need the excesses of modern times to live a descent, happy, and non-wasteful life. Again, simply put, if he didnt live in a 20 bedroom house in the first place, his ecological "footprint" would be less than it is now. For somebody promoting the dangers of excess, he is not the best role model by owning mutiple enourmous homes and flying across the country in a private jet. I just think that there are hundreds, if not thousands of other people out there that are living off the grid, in homes that are made of recycled and/or re-used material, in a more modest sense, living lightly on the earth. Im not saying that Al Gore should be ashamed of himself. He is doing great thing and making an effort, which is far more than most people have done. His lifestyle is clearly a product of his occupation, and Im just unsure that he conveys the proper green image.
                                The average Joe can afford a Prius, a hybrid, and considering Toyota is moving most of it's line to hybrids, I'd say it's pretty affordable. Solar panels, maybe not as big as his, are still affordable and can be used to help relieve the strain on the grids. Most people don't want them though because they a) don't know about them or b) don't like rectangular objects jutting out of the roof.
                                Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                                -Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...