raves..

so, i love digweed, prog house is my #1 choice of music,
    along with prog trance, breakbeats, electro,
    yada yadsa
    but....
    i also go to raves,
    i mean i like techno, acid house, schrannz yadyayada
    but raves are fun
    im 24, so i can still get away with it ( raves are full of mad young ppl)
    i know a lot of ppl on this board are very into music, and would go to a club to see a good dj,
    but im i out on a limb here?
    just wondering if any of you STILL go to raves, ( i know a bunch of you prolly have gone in the past)
    im going to whistle 4 next weekend,
    the line up for the 9th ( headliners) are josh wink, and charles feelgood,
    ther are a bunch of others im excited to see
    but next fri im going to hard noize @ shelter, the strsaight up to philly...
    and no im not a "candy kid" i look like any typical person,\
    i hate candy kids..
  • JERRYNIMBUS
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jun 2004

Re: raves..

Only ever been to a few raves they were normally in the middle of nowhere one was on The water Board Property in east London with a few Transit vans and shit loads of hippys
    soulseek id JERRY303

Comment

• skahound
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jun 2004

My ex-girlfriend used to shop at Rave. I think she got some pretty slutty outfits from there which should've clued me in to what she was eventually gonna do to me. Does that count?
      A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

I hardly ever hear anyone even use the word rave any more. THANK GOD

Comment

• rewing3
          I really don't care
          • Jun 2004

I used to go to a lot of raves in detroit but mainly around hear if u want to go out you have to go to a club. Raves are pretty much obsolete around here. The last rave I went to was probably like 3-4 yrs ago and there was not nobody big there either. It ended up getting busted also. THat is probably why there are no parties in detroit anymore b/c they all end up getting busted.
          Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• chemicalbeavis
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Raves, LOL

Comment

• diskofreak
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rewing3";p="
              I used to go to a lot of raves in detroit but mainly around hear if u want to go out you have to go to a club. Raves are pretty much obsolete around here. The last rave I went to was probably like 3-4 yrs ago and there was not nobody big there either. It ended up getting busted also. THat is probably why there are no parties in detroit anymore b/c they all end up getting busted.
              oo000ooo detroit ravezzzzz, that detroit tekno...
              got any old pics?

Comment

• Kobe
                I wish I had an interesting User title
                • Jun 2004

I used to go quite a bit when I was in my mid 20s. I was fortunate enough to experience a few underground parties in Brooklyn back in the early 90s when it first came to the states. Like everyone else who was at one time a raver, I burned out. Plus the scene in the NYC area really became dominated by drugs-- seeing a bunch of 16 year olds in K holes turned me off. BUT, it led me to this point, so it is all good.
                Beats are my crack.

Comment

• -aKa-
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Kobe";p="
                  I used to go quite a bit when I was in my mid 20s. I was fortunate enough to experience a few underground parties in Brooklyn back in the early 90s when it first came to the states. Like everyone else who was at one time a raver, I burned out. Plus the scene in the NYC area really became dominated by drugs-- seeing a bunch of 16 year olds in K holes turned me off. BUT, it led me to this point, so it is all good.

Comment

• skahound
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Jun 2004

PLUR beooootches!!!
                    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Daniel_Hemp
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound";p="
                      PLUR beooootches!!!

no jet.......

Smoke to all................

It does not smoke cigarette because lungs you have only two.
                      Smoke marijuana; because neurons you have million.

Comment

• diskofreak
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kobe";p="
                        i actually got into raves after i got into music, digweed is what brought me into the scene believe it or not ( most ppl tend to mature, or evlove into prog) a lot of old school ravers bug out when i play heavan scent in my car ( its an "old" rave song)
                        ther are still fuck heads getting fucked up, but not as much anymore,
                        most of them keep it under control..
                        but evemn the rave scene now is more commercial then it was... its not as underground, and whenit is.. its not as fun... ravers are SHADY mother fuckers...
                        i just like to go to these partys with friends and bug out like crazy...
                        i was surprised to hear the best electro set ever @ a rave, absolut mix @ demara nyc, keoie, was spinnign, at first half the ravers looked soo freakin confused, then they got into it,
                        i was shcoked when he spun, fleix the house cat, watching cars go by ( sahsa)
                        i got into raves by my x-boyfriends...

Comment

• CrackedSun
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Sep 2004

Yah, i used to be a big party (rave) kid. would go more, but have not been around decent parties the last few years. Philly scene used to be phat in the mid-late 90's. I'm goin to WHISTLE too, I'm psyched as hell, it's gonna be madness (which is what i miss about that scene, just all sorts of crazyness ) Hopefully i'll see alot of philly heads I ain't seen in years. Disko- are/were you a philly party kid? Def lookin forward to tha philly massive

Comment

• liquidsky
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Jun 2004

Nothing these days can ever compare to the raves that occurred in the early to mid 90s. I used to be big in the Baltimore/DC/Philly rave scene and was always at the Thursday night FEVER parties which Scott Henry & Feelgood started too. All the Ultraworld, Sonic Soul and Fusion raves were great memories. I miss the Tripotronic warehouse parties which Modern Music used to hold as well.

Comment

• Terry
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

its the opposite here. more raves less clubs
                              www.boodang.com
                              -------------------------

Comment

Working...