^thanks, will have a listen

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Re: What are you L**steni,g to

Originally posted by Jenks
      This thread is nearly 700 pages long, with hundreds of youtube videos of full artist tracks, mixes, etc....youtube videos that you've not had an issue with, and have even quoted and enjoyed (I went back and looked), right up until this last one. So shall I delete the whole thread? Or are you going to be selective about which artists you care are being "stolen from" via youtube videos on a message board? It's a pretty grey area, and I think the proper channel for you to complain is to youtube, to Fabric, and to DCMA. I saw you posted your grievance in the video's comments on youtube, that's great, and that's all you can do. The guy a few posts later in the comments agreed with you and said, "I'm okay with single tracks, but the whole album is a bit much." Well guy, it can't be that way. The artist who made that single track deserves just as much credit/money/rights at the guy who makes an album/mix/whatever. Either way, I think I can speak for the whole team here when I say we're not going to police the entire site for every youtube music video that's posted past, present or future.

Have a cocktail, and try not to let the Internet give you stomach issues.

Best,

Moderator Jenks
      Why on earth did you go to all that trouble. Most of what is put up here is grey zone, single tracks which are usually promo , tracks from gigs etc. It is not commercial full albums that were released in the last month. It is very clear that it shouldn't be here. No one asked you to go back to find what else shouldn't be here . This is just one link that is very , very illegal. So delete posts that contain the link. Simple really.

Btw I have actually had issues with others, but assumed that they were being moderated and were fine . I am definitely not selective, but I am more likely to know about artists I follow. I knew about this one because I bought the cd when it came out. But if I become aware of these things happening with any artist I will speak out. This one is just so incredibly blatant . I have notified Fabric. As I told you I cannot complain to youtube, or the DMCA , tried to on both , as I am not the copyright holder.

I have relied on the attitude here which to take down illegal links. Could you , hand on heart, possibly believe that this is legal. ??? If Ms doesn't care anymore it is the saddest thing I have seen here. We have always had respect .

Btw I totally agree on the single track, and I'm sorry I haven't been as aware as I should have been. I will learn from this.

Oh and I don't drink so no cocktails.

go0gle, No artist wants his whole new album up for grabs And I also think it is sad that people are so unaware of what good quality sound is.
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

This one of the best things I have ever read about the issues I'm bringing up here , it's long but so worth reading !! Some of the figures will shock .

Letter to Emily White at NPR All Songs Considered. | The Trichordist

BTW Jenks is it saying anything that you looked ME up rather than the provenance of the Youtube
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• Illuminate
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Aug 2009

In a way people who post up the individual tracks from a CD be it mixed, compiled etc. are also purporting the law, are they not?

It's hard to to judge on this. But it did upset me to find that a whole mix album was uploaded.

I remember posting a Smashing Pumpkins record up here, and at first didn't think of it much, but then you realise, hang on this is copyright at it's finest.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
          Sbando
          - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
          Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
          Bob
          "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
          the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
          KiwiTollway

Comment

• Micko
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Oct 2004

Nick Warren @ Get No Sleep Radio Show on Ibiza Global Radio - July 12

Damn, this is seriously good

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

@ Illuminate , I'm such a slow typist.

I don't think anyone could say they haven't broken copyright at times , but hopefully we learn better, I'm still learning. This site has been quite strong on that in the past, and the majority of members , particularly the ones that have been here for a while, would be very aware. It's one of the things I loved about the site.

It is a fabulous CD ,as someone whose opinion I value very highly said "Someone that is happy with youtube's quality of sound shoudnt be allowed to hear this album!!!"

Fabric are getting it taken down, and I'm getting a free cd !! Such nice people to deal with . !! Fabricfirst everyone

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Now in the spirit of the thread, Hernan Cattaneo @ BuenosAliens 27/12 2000 I'll be a while it's over 5 hours

!2 years old and it's great.!!! I hadn't even heard of him then.

Comment

• unkle
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by DIDI
                  Now in the spirit of the thread, Hernan Cattaneo @ BuenosAliens 27/12 2000 I'll be a while it's over 5 hours

!2 years old and it's great.!!! I hadn't even heard of him then.

Fuck Yes !!!!!! Classics Baby ...

Comment

• unkle
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Mar 2007

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

Glad I was able to bring it to everyone's attention, I wasn't sure what to do when is saw the entire album on youtube, I must say I was shocked.

Comment

• Jenks
                        I'm kind of a big deal.
                        • Jun 2004

BTW Jenks is it saying anything that you looked ME up rather than the provenance of the Youtube
                        No it isn't. I didn't go through any trouble. It literally took me less than a minute to look around then point out the hypocrisy of the idea of taking one youtube video of commercially released music down, and not taking them all down (like the david lynch sasha remix video two posts up). I'm being consistent. We've never taken down youtube videos and we're not going to start, that's youtube's job. If someone posts a link to a digital file, 320, 256, whatever, we remove it, and that's always been our policy, because if you want the digital file, the artist deserves your money. If you don't agree with where i've drawn my line, I'm fine with that, we'll just have to agree to disagree, but at least I'm consistent.

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

^^^ Me thinks you protest too much You pissed because I did go get em??? : There is this word integrity , it describes something this site once had, it doesn't have any longer. A commercial release is a commercial release no matter what form it takes. Surely it is it is hypocritical to pretend it's someone else's problem??

Originally posted by floridaorange
                          Glad I was able to bring it to everyone's attention, I wasn't sure what to do when is saw the entire album on youtube, I must say I was shocked.
                          Err I think what you did is called disseminating stolen material . It's certainly the way Fabric look at it

Comment

• Jenks
                            I'm kind of a big deal.
                            • Jun 2004

Oh and I don't drink
                            You should.

Comment

• floridaorange
                              I'm merely a humble butler
                              • Dec 2005

my bad Didi.

Comment

• diegoff
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jun 2004

didi, wow, I didnīt realize you argue a lot
                                Itīs a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                                Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                                May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

Working...