X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Do you have your bullet proof vest?

A Chinese man was killed at the Guangzhou computer shop where he worked when the mobile phone in his pocket exploded, severing a major artery.

According to local Chinese daily Shin Min Daily News, the rare accident happened on Friday (30 January) when the mobile phone the victim put in his chest pocket exploded, severing an artery in his neck and killing him on the spot.

The man who is in his twenties, is an employee at the computer store and was carrying out his duties when the accident happened.

An employee working at the same store told the Chinese media that the incident happened at about 7.30pm. The employee, who was not named in the report, said that she heard a loud sound and saw her colleague lying on the floor of the shop in a pool of blood.

Shin Min reported that the employee also told the Chinese media that the victim had recently changed the batteries in his mobile phone.

It was believed that the victim had just finished charging his mobile phone and put the device into his pocket when the phone exploded.

Chinese authorities have yet to determine the make and model of the phone and its battery.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Do you have your bullet proof vest?

Better check your Made in China Alan and Heaths

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• pr0ficient
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by feather
      lmao

Comment

• jeffrey collins
        Not cool enough
        • Jun 2004

is he making a comment toward the Allen & Heath owners? I didn't quite get the way he wrote it.

Glad I don't put my phone in my shirt pocket, hell I don't have shirt pockets.
        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
        My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
        My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Was just making a joke about exploding mixers since johns thread mentioned they're made in China now.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
            Not cool enough
            • Jun 2004

OK bro. I didn't know from the way you wrote it. And you also spelled the name of the company wrong, so I didn't know exactly what to think.

Oh well. Good call though bro. But do Mixers like the 92 and 62 have batteries in them?
            My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Nah I doubt if they would have batteries! They ought to have some sorta capacitors though! It was a lousy joke, don't mind me

Comment

• AntonyM
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Oct 2004

Seriously weird, exploding batteries, have get a kevlar phone cover.
                Originally posted by Shpira
                So came back last night...
                Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                Originally posted by Illuminate
                Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• |Thrax|
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Mar 2007

my blackberry has a bulletproof case on it..

* i got the Obama edition.
                  This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
                  Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                    Not cool enough
                    • Jun 2004

i think his probably has a scrambler on it too so that you can't get to his phone calls. LOL.
                    My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by feather

Comment

• Dhar_2
                        meat and potatoes
                        • Jun 2004

yike!

no ones safe!!

Comment

• DancingQueen
                          AVB FanClub | President
                          • Oct 2005

wow, that's nuts....I guess you aren't even safe from your phones anymore. Good think I keep mine in my purse
                          sigpic
                          RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                          RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                            I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                            • Mar 2008

heard stories akin to such. but damn.

brb, putting on my cloak of invulnerability.
                            (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

Working...