Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Re: Star Trek: Into darkness

What, that sucks!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Highsteppa
        Gold Gabber
        • Feb 2005

I quite enjoyed this. It wasn't quite the revelation that the 2009 reboot was, but it was one of the fastest paced Star Trek films.

I had a couple of little points that bugged me, that are more tied to behind the scenes

Spoiler warning - Mark text to read it
        like them keeping Kahn alive, instead of killing him - to me this screams that they'll go back to him once the rebooted franchise starts to show signs of slowing down

Overall, though, good performances all around and good use of the characters. Chris Pine's Kirk goes on a great hero's journey going from self perceived Star Fleet rock star to being humbled to the point of apology. I'm kind of surprised that the Hollywood powers that be are a bit disappointed with the box office tallies in the U.S.

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Highsteppa
          I'm kind of surprised that the Hollywood powers that be are a bit disappointed with the box office tallies in the U.S.
          Didn't it do well at the box office?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Highsteppa
            Gold Gabber
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by feather
            Didn't it do well at the box office?
            Approx $70 million on it's opening weekend, and they still consider that a disappointment. But then again, the movie's budget was pegged at approx $200 million plus.

Mind you when it comes to this kind of crap, it's a matter of how quickly you recoup your costs - not if your movie will recoup their costs - every movie makes its money back.

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
              Platinum Poster
              • May 2008

Re:

Originally posted by Highsteppa
              every movie makes its money back.
              "Water World"

Comment

• Highsteppa
                Gold Gabber
                • Feb 2005

Re:

Originally posted by Michael^Heaven
                "Water World"
                Made it's money back - not in the theaters (which most movies don't to begin with) - but with VHS/DVD/Blu Ray sales, broadcasting royalties and a ton of other means of revenue.

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

Also, if you ignore the fact that waterworld's budget doubled due to the original set drowning in the storm, the move made the money twice over.
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                  he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                  Originally posted by ace_dl
                  Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                  I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Highsteppa
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kamal
                    Also, if you ignore the fact that waterworld's budget doubled due to the original set drowning in the storm, the move made the money twice over.
                    The insurance covered most of the costs of that happening, it's the environmental damage that was done to the coral reefs that they would have taken a bath on if the courts had ruled that Universal clean it up.

Comment

Working...