• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

True Detective [2014]

Anyone watching this?

Woody Harrelson, Matthew McConaughey, amazing script.

As close as it gets to a Breaking Bad replacement right now.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • nick007
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2007

Re: True Detective [2014]

Watched first ep it last night. Great first show. Both actors were intense .McConaughey was stellar and I'm sure the weigh loss was in conjunction with Dallas Buyer Club - looks like a crack addict.

Hopefully they can carry the story line for 8 episodes

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• Krystyan
      Platinum Poster
      • Oct 2004

First ep was great and intense... ep 2 and 3, a bit slow...

But the last one is ... McConaughey is huge. I like the change from how to lose a guy in 10 days... to this type of character. What a change!
      https://www.facebook.com/YEGworld

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Krystyan check out ep 4!

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by nick007
          Watched first ep it last night. Great first show. Both actors were intense .McConaughey was stellar and I'm sure the weigh loss was in conjunction with Dallas Buyer Club - looks like a crack addict.

Hopefully they can carry the story line for 8 episodes
          In episode 2 one of Cohle's police colleagues referred to him as the 'machinist'! Love it.

Comment

• Krystyan
            Platinum Poster
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by feather
            Krystyan check out ep 4!
            I did! that's why I said this guy is huge...

the flashforwards give another flavour to the series...
            https://www.facebook.com/YEGworld

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Oh I meant to respond to the 'slow' comment ... good action done in a single take.

Comment

• nick007
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Oct 2007

No spoilers please we a bit behind here

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• res0nat0r
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • May 2006

Shit man last weeks episode was the best of the series so far. That super long camera take near the end....fantastic. Great atmosphere to this show, and McConaughey is hitting it out of the park with his roles lately.

Comment

• simonr
                    Transitionator
                    • Jun 2004

Pretty epic telly. Great cast, plot and flow.
                    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Haziel
                      Likes a finger upthere
                      • Jan 2007

I got hooked just when I was about to give up on this show,I was thinking all along that the first 3 episodes were a total snooze fest and to be honest I didn't like the direction where this was going somehow each episode left me a sensation that this show seemed predictable and very very slow... however I always thought the acting is brilliant, who would have thought that Matthew Mcconaughey could play a dark fucked up psycho very well.

Then bam the 4th episode came along and so did the rest of the episodes which i think they are fucking brilliant. I seriously can't believe this whole season is only going to be 8 episodes

Anyhow I might give the first 6 episodes another run just in time for the season finale.

Comment

• Haziel
                        Likes a finger upthere
                        • Jan 2007

True detective is over. Not really happy with the ending but i think it was a good show to watch nonetheless.

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

Spoiler warning - Mark text to read it
                          Finished it. I guess there the show was never really gonna climax but there was no big reveal so that was kinda ... I want to say disappointing but I wasn't disappointed. I wasn't sure what to expect from the final episode but I did enjoy it right up to the final scene. Some bits in the episode I actually LOLed.

I liked the scene of them working the case in the office and driving in the car just like the old days. The parallel, now two broken men too old for the swagger and to hold on to their differences, their repartee is well-worn and familiar.

But I was definitely disappointed with Cohle's last lines, which made me wonder all the deep philosophical musings he had in the season, how much of it were from The King In Yellow, and how much of the other lines were written by Nic Pizzolatto because those last lines were pretty pedestrian. I think that was my biggest disappointment, I expected more from Cohle.

It's not the destination but the journey, and this is one of those stories. I enjoyed the entire journey a lot. I think the murder might've been the initial trigger and hook but for me it's really Cohle and Marty who're fascinating. The philosophical shit that Cohle spouts, their antagonistic partnership and repartee in the car.

I saw some article complaining about the show's treatment of women but whatever. It did occur to me the show felt like some male fantasy: Two very flawed men who continually fail in their personal lives, at odds with each other, but seemingly adhering to an integrity and code that both silently understood, while hot women seem to always throw themselves at them (well mostly Marty). They move past their decade-long differences to come back together to win the day.

If I had been more aware of how this was gonna pan out or if this was on Netflix I would've preferred to marathon it in one go. The tension and anticipation of the weekly gap didn't really serve the story.

Comment

• Haziel
                            Likes a finger upthere
                            • Jan 2007

Good point. Yes the whole story its quite a journey but with major ups and downs. I kindda felt that the finale was rushed, I don't know if their intention was to dodge a bullet but It left me a sensation that the director could have easily extended the story for 2 more episodes.

Comment

• Kamal
                              Administrator
                              • May 2002

I've just got into it this past weekend, watched first 3 ep at my cousins. MM is numbingly and un-smilingly intense. I now have something new to cram through on my Roku.
                              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                              Originally posted by ace_dl
                              Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

Working...