X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: The Obama Impeachment

^ alright... you think the women vote will go toward Romeny's wife or Michelle Obama? Because I think Michelle's approval rating among females is pretty high. I wonder what percentage of voters are married. Also keep in mind that what voters say they'll do vs. what they actually do in the voting booth are 2 very different things usually. I know people are raging pissed off at any and all politicians right now, but they still are going to vote, and I think when they do it'll be for Obama, besides he way more likable than Romney on a personal level by many.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

It really all depends on the mood of the country and what nonsense frenzy is in the media the week leading up to election day imo, so I think Obama will win, but I wouldn't say it is a sure bet.

Comment

• subterFUSE
        Gold Gabber
        • Nov 2006

First of all, women vote for the president.... not the first lady. But seriously, the womens vote has always been in favor of the democrats by about 10-12 points. I don't think there is going to be a major shift in the tide. Not surprisingly, men skew towards republicans by about the same margin.

Most of the polls we are seeing are for registered voters. The more valuable polls are of likely voters, and those show Romney in the lead by several points. Then take into account the undecided voters. Those will go mostly against the incumbent, as they always do.

I'm not claiming to be Nostradamus, or anything like that.... but I feel confident he won't get another 4 years. I sure hope he doesn't. Hey, at least it's written here and you can laugh at me in November.... or maybe vice versa.

Comment

• res0nat0r
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • May 2006

^yup, i think it could swing either way. it is funny watching mitt distance himself from his own healthy care bill in Mass though.

Comment

• subterFUSE
            Gold Gabber
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by res0nat0r
            ^yup, i think it could swing either way. it is funny watching mitt distance himself from his own healthy care bill in Mass though.
            Well, his argument is that there is a difference doing it for a state vs. the entire country. I don't like Romneycare, but I do see his point about this being a state issue rather than federal. Personally, I would be fine if he just said Romneycare was a mistake which he does not want to see duplicated on a national scale.

Comment

• floridaorange
              • Dec 2005

Romney is going to get destroyed in the debates I think. We'll just have to wait and see ...

I like Romney btw, I'm not sure he has the average American in mind though.

Comment

• subterFUSE
                Gold Gabber
                • Nov 2006

I'm not too sure about that. Obama is not a good debater. His entire platform is based on focus group tested catch words. He cannot think on his feet. He simply repeats the same phrases which his team has tested out with those focus groups. If you can catch him off guard, he is toast. I've watched interviews where this has happened to him. My only hope is that Romney is adept enough to take advantage of Obama's debate weaknesses.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by subterFUSE
                  I'm not too sure about that. Obama is not a good debater. His entire platform is based on focus group tested catch words. He cannot think on his feet..
                  srs?

Comment

• subterFUSE
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Nov 2006

Yes, I stand by my comment. Obama is NOT a good debater. Obama's team spends a lot of time running focus groups to test out catch phrases and see what polls well. This is precisely why you have so many speeches and town hall clips of Obama using words like "fair share" instead of "cap gains tax increase." He really gets in trouble when he strays from those rehearsed phrases. Example.... his warning to the Supreme Court that resulted in his Attorney General having to issue a clarifying statement to congress. That was an off-the-cuff moment where he strayed away from the planned script, and it got him in trouble briefly.

In a debate, if Obama's opponent can steer the conversation in a direction that forces him to move away from the buzz-words, he would be VERY vulnerable, I think. My only worry is that Romney is too rigid himself to capitalize on this weakness during a debate. If you had Newt Gingrich debating Obama, it would be a complete knockout. That guy would absolutely clean his clock. Not saying I'm a big Newt fan, just that he could destroy Obama in debate.

Comment

• coachroebuck
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Jun 2011

I would personally be surprised if Mitt takes down Obama. There's a very sharp division, a lot of fear, and even more anger. I can see a riot or two going down as we approach the election, Obama continues to become Executive-Order Happy, and Congress continues to lack sufficient courage to effectively oppose such actions.

I do not believe much will change in policies and activities, unless enough people decide to write-in a third candidate and that person wins. In which event, that person will probably be walked into a private room on Inauguration Day, to be threatened with a video of the JFK assassination from a different angle that has never been made publicly available. We'll be replacing one candidate who was handpicked by the status quo with another one. :*-(

Comment

• runningman
                        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                        • Jun 2004

Obama would only be impeached if the US Gov't was functioning properly. Too much corruption leads me to believe nothing will happen. Well the banks will continue to steal money and the average American will continue to take it up the ass, with their "what can I do about it mentality"

Comment

• res0nat0r
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • May 2006

Maybe he will get impeached when he gets re-elected soon. We will see....

Comment

• clintlove
                            Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                            • Jun 2004

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• floridaorange
                              • Dec 2005

the feck?

Comment

• vinnie97
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jul 2007

The crude vernacular version: Just cuz you see no evil, doesn't mean it don't exist.

Comment

Working...