X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Random thoughts

(^thanks man, I googled mushrooms, found the following, read it, liked it, here it is. (In response to the negative effects of eating mushrooms, not the kind we're talking about obviously)

Effects can be anything: it is how you come to understand the expirence of mushrooming. Depending on how you personally believe things to be, it can range from slightly exagerating your deepest beliefs to simply launching your perspectives light years ahead of anyone living within several miles. As far as I am concerned, set and setting are the two foremost directors of how shrooms will change you?

Some on this board say, 'it takes me through that hole in the wall to see through the eyes of a shroom'; someone else can say it dissovles the consesus reality we overacheivingly (as americans, i guess) grope for. The list of what shrooms means goes and on--if you goto South America, there is a sharp and distinct identification of shrooming and what mushrooms mean. It is enamored with far more 'organic emphasis' and inner voyaging that revolves outward into the world around them.

To me, what sticks out among all of this diversity is that the successful shroomers seem to develop rituals and customs with their shrooming habit. This goes back to set and setting.

If set is widened not only to how you feel that particular day, but how you feel about shrooms, about life and about venturing into pyschotropics, then set can also be the set of beliefs you attribute to the world around you. Case in point, Gaia (sp) or the belief in the earth as a living entity is often embraced by many who shroom and seriousily ponder these type of things. Similarily, someone who simply shrooms to party can, depending on their personality, burnout fairly easy as they are searching for the difference of reality shrooms illuminates intheir mind. But, these people are in a way 'soulless'--they are looking for what dare might call 'the quick fix/alternative entertainment'. Tribesmen, proactive shroomers, and etc instead have a foundation of belief sets surrounding shrooms specifically, and life in general. Because of this life-set trajectory, most of these shrooming users can easily overcome anxities that might arrise--if they arrise at all. They have a platform of identity for themselves, the world and the shrooms they use which can serve (automatically in their minds through just a general habit of attitude or something more artificially scripted such as reading the tibeten book of the dead) as a launch pad for deepening this understanding.

The proper setting follows from this: just be comfortable where you can be, and as long as you have the 'will power of zen' (well, I mean, the ability to remain cool through reflection and understanding) you can trip wherever you feel is best.

The main idea I'd like to point out is that EVERY TRIP is unique as is EVERY PERSON who chooses to trip. Hence, proactive shrooming is essentially a commitment to yourself to at least in part, organize and center yourself in such a way you can be respond in the world around you. If shrooming is an inner journey, use it as such; if shrooming is something that enhances (even revolutionizes) the way you can understand and communicate, shroom with people who can respond. If shrooming iz a romantic festival of living, shroom under a full moon.

It is easy to burnout, you need to know your limits. You must be mentally capable of letting a pyschadelic envelope dissolve the normal boundries of your given, typical reality. Clinging too tightly to some ideal can lead to trauma, if that ideal (like most memetic christianity) clamps down on expression--shrooms, at a bottom and fundemental line, always evoke expression.

But like I said, if reality is one envelope (break on through, pushing the envelope), so is the world shrooms unleashes on you. Essentially, shrooming (regardless if you are being possessed by shroom spirit) is an integrated into who you are--NO PART of shrooming derives outside of you. I mean to say, everything and anything you expirence on shrooms is as much as the shrooms as it is you: hense, anything you expirence on shrooms is from your own brain and mind.

This is mostly important because, as pyschadelics and everyday reality have their boundries, these boundries are our own. It is up to you then to expand who you are and what you know, so that you can burrow in this complexity and depth of yourself, constantly pushing the envelope that much larger.

I once red some trip report where some guy took 40 grams in the desert: he had a hell of a time, bombing around on the backs of electrons and zipping through dna hung around the edges of the universe. But this is all because he knew about these things in the first place, like he said: you can only go so far as what you have already in you.

Or, if you've skipped to the bottom: try some paced exercise like running at least once every other day (endorphiines are neat and it'll exercise your brain) and learning as much as you can (also try and focus your learning to really get a grasp on some set of topics).

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• N-tchbl
        Addiction started
        • May 2009

no one else can make me feel colours that you bring
        stay with me while we grow old,
        and we will live each day in springtime.........

n-tchbl.com | MySpace | Facebook | Soundcloud | iFACE Bookings

Comment

• Dhar_2
          meat and potatoes
          • Jun 2004

not the best start to the morning!

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
            Anyone have Styx livesets?
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by N-tchbl

Minnie !!!!!!!!
            ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• i!!ustrious
              I got some N64 Games Yo!!
              • Mar 2008

"i wake up everyday, and the world is mine."
              (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                • Mar 2008

what bliss it is to recognize one's kinship with all that is.

fuck yeah.
                (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• N-tchbl
                  Addiction started
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                  Minnie !!!!!!!!

n-tchbl.com | MySpace | Facebook | Soundcloud | iFACE Bookings

Comment

• dusk
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
                    (^thanks man, I googled mushrooms, found the following, read it, liked it, here it is. (In response to the negative effects of eating mushrooms, not the kind we're talking about obviously)

Effects can be anything: it is how you come to understand the expirence of mushrooming. Depending on how you personally believe things to be, it can range from slightly exagerating your deepest beliefs to simply launching your perspectives light years ahead of anyone living within several miles. As far as I am concerned, set and setting are the two foremost directors of how shrooms will change you?

Some on this board say, 'it takes me through that hole in the wall to see through the eyes of a shroom'; someone else can say it dissovles the consesus reality we overacheivingly (as americans, i guess) grope for. The list of what shrooms means goes and on--if you goto South America, there is a sharp and distinct identification of shrooming and what mushrooms mean. It is enamored with far more 'organic emphasis' and inner voyaging that revolves outward into the world around them.

To me, what sticks out among all of this diversity is that the successful shroomers seem to develop rituals and customs with their shrooming habit. This goes back to set and setting.

If set is widened not only to how you feel that particular day, but how you feel about shrooms, about life and about venturing into pyschotropics, then set can also be the set of beliefs you attribute to the world around you. Case in point, Gaia (sp) or the belief in the earth as a living entity is often embraced by many who shroom and seriousily ponder these type of things. Similarily, someone who simply shrooms to party can, depending on their personality, burnout fairly easy as they are searching for the difference of reality shrooms illuminates intheir mind. But, these people are in a way 'soulless'--they are looking for what dare might call 'the quick fix/alternative entertainment'. Tribesmen, proactive shroomers, and etc instead have a foundation of belief sets surrounding shrooms specifically, and life in general. Because of this life-set trajectory, most of these shrooming users can easily overcome anxities that might arrise--if they arrise at all. They have a platform of identity for themselves, the world and the shrooms they use which can serve (automatically in their minds through just a general habit of attitude or something more artificially scripted such as reading the tibeten book of the dead) as a launch pad for deepening this understanding.

The proper setting follows from this: just be comfortable where you can be, and as long as you have the 'will power of zen' (well, I mean, the ability to remain cool through reflection and understanding) you can trip wherever you feel is best.

The main idea I'd like to point out is that EVERY TRIP is unique as is EVERY PERSON who chooses to trip. Hence, proactive shrooming is essentially a commitment to yourself to at least in part, organize and center yourself in such a way you can be respond in the world around you. If shrooming is an inner journey, use it as such; if shrooming is something that enhances (even revolutionizes) the way you can understand and communicate, shroom with people who can respond. If shrooming iz a romantic festival of living, shroom under a full moon.

It is easy to burnout, you need to know your limits. You must be mentally capable of letting a pyschadelic envelope dissolve the normal boundries of your given, typical reality. Clinging too tightly to some ideal can lead to trauma, if that ideal (like most memetic christianity) clamps down on expression--shrooms, at a bottom and fundemental line, always evoke expression.

But like I said, if reality is one envelope (break on through, pushing the envelope), so is the world shrooms unleashes on you. Essentially, shrooming (regardless if you are being possessed by shroom spirit) is an integrated into who you are--NO PART of shrooming derives outside of you. I mean to say, everything and anything you expirence on shrooms is as much as the shrooms as it is you: hense, anything you expirence on shrooms is from your own brain and mind.

This is mostly important because, as pyschadelics and everyday reality have their boundries, these boundries are our own. It is up to you then to expand who you are and what you know, so that you can burrow in this complexity and depth of yourself, constantly pushing the envelope that much larger.

I once red some trip report where some guy took 40 grams in the desert: he had a hell of a time, bombing around on the backs of electrons and zipping through dna hung around the edges of the universe. But this is all because he knew about these things in the first place, like he said: you can only go so far as what you have already in you.

Or, if you've skipped to the bottom: try some paced exercise like running at least once every other day (endorphiines are neat and it'll exercise your brain) and learning as much as you can (also try and focus your learning to really get a grasp on some set of topics).

ummmm random thoughts and random ramblings
                    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Feb 2009

Jim Beam and Jack Daniels rules!

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                        Anyone have Styx livesets?
                        • Jun 2004

thoughts are just electrical firings and neurochemical transfers.
                        The whole system is just amazing.
                        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by N-tchbl
                          Minnie Ripperton
                          Originally posted by TheVrk
                          it IS incredible isn't it??
                          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• tiddles
                            Encryption, Jr.
                            • Jun 2004

bob saget!

Comment

• superdave
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

What did we do without the internet, cellphones, facebook, twitter and hdtv not that long ago?
                              Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• Haziel
                                Likes a finger upthere
                                • Jan 2007

^ fuck

Comment

Working...