• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: 8.9 quake hits Japan

Originally posted by runningman
    No Reso said it. I am trying to point out the irony of calling me an idiot and an exaggerator when I am later found to be correct.
    Please only update the radiation thread in Politics from here on out. Those of us who go there go willingly. You're idiocy is radiating out (see what I did there?) to the GYY forum and is bringing the collective IQ here down.

Comment

• runningman
      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
      • Jun 2004

Fuck you. How about that one. Who the FUCK do you think you are.. You aren't green or orange so Fuck off and eat a dick. Go crawl back into your warm MSM blanket and suck on your "lies in your head" soother you fucking baby. As far as I know I have been here 2 years longer.. So that makes me a general and you a foot soldier...

Now to see the levels of radiation go here.

If the levels are only 400 that isn't that much over 30 mins.

Comment

• clintlove
        Hey girl, ya Hungry?
        • Jun 2004

Why don't you take your penis pump off for a while, you're getting a little too big for your own britches.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• res0nat0r
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • May 2006

I think I have a few less bans under my belt if that helps.

Comment

• runningman
            Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
            • Jun 2004

me? Are you kdding me.. Reso has nothing but insults to throw my way calling me stupid and an idiot and you attack me? Go back and read the thread and see who started what.. I was trying to post scientific fact while trying to dodge shit being thrown at me.

Why is Reso on here anyways?? why doesn't he get suspended for a month? FFS he does nothing but egg everyone and throw out insults.

Comment

• Garrick
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

personally, i'd rather be reading earthquake-related material on this earthquake thread than reading pages of back-and-forth banter. just a thought... play nice please out of respect.
              Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Homegrove
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

It's like GU here. <3
                Forward thinking house music

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                  I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                  • Mar 2008

^ i disregard yeerr reference of meh
                  (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                    I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                    • Mar 2008

PLEASE! only you can prevent earthquakes

(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• bobjuice
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by runningman
                      They can run the pumps with the sea water without anyone being there. They just turn the switch on
                      I'm not so sure they have the means to pump by just turning the switch and leaving? The failure of the standard and then the emergency cooling systems, not to mention the electrical infrastructure of the whole area (caused by the quake/tsunami) is the origin of the problem we are seeing now.
                      A side effect of cooling with sea water is the release, to air, of radioactive steam which is something else we have been seeing.

One difference between this site and Chernobyl is the use of graphite (at chernobyl) as a neutron absorber which isn't the case here and could, let's hope, prevent the damage/affected area being on the same scale. At Chernobyl the graphite acted as a fuel (a radioactive one) which was a factor in the radiation being spread so far.

As Garrick says it really doesn't matter which disaster is worse but i think it's human nature to want something to compare to when trying to get your head around such things.

I've a lot of knowledge when it comes to power stations, but not nuclear ones i'm afraid.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by bobjuice
                        The difference between this site and Chernobyl is the use of graphite (at chernobyl) as a neutron absorber which isn't the case here and could, let's hope, prevent the damage/affected area being on the same scale. At Chernobyl the graphite acted as a fuel (a radioactive one) which was a factor in the radiation being spread so far.

I thought this was the big cause of the actual explosion back then right? And this shouldn't be in use here, so it is mainly just a hope of keeping the rods cool enough and under water for the time being.

Comment

• runningman
                          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                          • Jun 2004

to my limited understanding to what has been going on is that they can run emergency pumps from the ocean that will pump directly into the reactor to limit the heating of the rods. By doing this it will wreck the reactor and it will never be able to be used again. But at least it will limit the radiation that is given off because it will somewhat cool the rods to an acceptable level.

It is like a hail mary pass kind of thing and hope the pumps haven't been damaged by the tsunami or quake.

The other thing is the waste pool storage that are also giving off radiation. That is really bad as well. If that pool boils it will expose the old rods and give off radiation.

Comment

• bobjuice
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

We're also hoping for something designed and built in the 60s to be man enough to contain a worst case scenario, which is obviously something that couldn't/can't be tested 100% when commissioned, or since.

Comment

• runningman
                              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                              • Jun 2004

Ya this is such a mess I can't even wrap my brain around it. Multiple reactors failing, old storage waste is boiling and possibly going to give off even more radiation. We haven't even heard yet if the nuclear material is going into the ground. If it gets into the water supply (Aquifers) this thing is really going to be a crisis.

I can't help but be really bummed out when I find out more info.

Comment

• DancingQueen
                                AVB FanClub | President
                                • Oct 2005

I can't believe some the arguing going on in this thread....there are thousands of people missing and dying, and it is only getting worse So please lets stop and move on.

The issues with the nuclear plant are absolutely terrifying. The ramifications this will have on the planet are astronomical. This is a very scary uncertain time we are going through as a planet, and I for one, am scared that there will be nothing we can do to stop things and begin to repair the damage to the earth....so very sad and so very scary
                                sigpic
                                RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                                RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

Working...